Photo
- - - - -

Old or New

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Old or New (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you rather a complete Old EMU set or more modern?

1. Voted Old (6 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. New (10 votes [47.62%])

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

3. Both. (5 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

• Regulars
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

If in an imaginary world a couple of people had managed to tame a whole bunch of Adda's I mean 5 at least. What would you want? that or SYS85

#2 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Depends what you want the emulator for. If you want it for gameplay, or to relieve your youth then older is king.

However if you want to find tricks and tips on the latest DOND clone, then newer is what you want.

For me personally, older should be done before newer, before all the resources disappear completely.

Why not both?

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#3 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

• Regulars
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

I want to know peoples motive.

This fictional world would be alot of fun, easy cash, never short on drugs or booze....ETC

what more could one wish for?

#4 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

I'm not voting, because I'd have both in an ideal world, a layout to play is a layout to play.

I care not that it's from 1984 or 2014.

NQ.

#5 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

I think a 'both' and / or a 'neither' too... would've added a fairer poll Dave to be honest because I am of the same opinion as NQ on this one as well ;)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#6 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

• Regulars
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

The odd thing is, old is harder than new believe itor not. Well not technically, thats a bitch and takes time but soon as its stable enough you have every ROM Flyer there is for the tech.

Old is done, what you need are resources. Yes some I have,but collecting and sorting them probs actually took more  time than getting the tech stable. They were available to all for over 5 years and yet it seems no one downloaded them. I posted links many times at PR and FF and maybe even Dads. No one cared.

Now that's all you can do, so you want them. well  sorry folks do your own calling around, grovelling, begging etc I did my share years ago.

#7 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Would like to see later mpu5 & some later scorp4 that get pay unit error etc, mp4 video  :)

Edited by richy1976, 27 April 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#8 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

The odd thing is, old is harder than new believe itor not. Well not technically, thats a bitch and takes time but soon as its stable enough you have every ROM Flyer there is for the tech.

Old is done, what you need are resources. Yes some I have,but collecting and sorting them probs actually took more  time than getting the tech stable. They were available to all for over 5 years and yet it seems no one downloaded them. I posted links many times at PR and FF and maybe even Dads. No one cared.

Now that's all you can do, so you want them. well  sorry folks do your own calling around, grovelling, begging etc I did my share years ago.

Old is not done. Give me SRU, castle, MMM, mpu1 and mpu2 then I will let you call it done.

bj

#9 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Edited by stevedude2, 27 April 2014 - 10:01 PM.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#10 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

So near but yet so far...

You should take up layout creation with skills like that ;-)

bj

#11 Delete_ME

Delete_ME

Deleted

• Guests
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Old is not done. Give me SRU, castle, MMM, mpu1 and mpu2 then I will let you call it done.

bj

Get us the Roms then. :)

#12 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

bj

Regarding SRU. Alex74 on the Mecca & Ploggy both contacted me re SRU emulation. Its being looked at for future inclusion. And as it shares a cpu with system80 dont be surprised if that gets done too.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#13 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Regarding SRU. Alex74 on the Mecca & Ploggy both contacted me re SRU emulation. Its being looked at for future inclusion. And as it shares a cpu with system80 dont be surprised if that gets done too.

I missed System80 from my list as another target for the old stuff.  SRU would be great too.  I played on about 15 SRU machines last month. NDU is all time favourite, but do like EWS on a 10p £2 setting.

On System80 I have sourced a Silver Ghost and am trying to get the owner to get the ROMs dumped, which would be a great machine to be emulated, though another near the top of my all time list, JPM Clickety Click, seems to have disappeared without trace :(  All converted to BWB Super Cobra's.

bj

Edited by barcrest junky, 28 April 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#14 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

both.

really dont care for DOND, but all upto barcrests last release would be good as they will begin to disappear. IMHO barcrest games played far better than any other platform.

#15 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

Old for me.  I'm interested in System 80 rebuilds like Lucky Lady and Master Spy, Electrocoin Phoenix and BWB MPU4 video, and getting them preserved.

Playing DOND doesn't interest me in the slightest.  There's loads of them still out there and you can buy the older ones off eBay for next-to-nothing these days.

Edited by stevedude2, 29 April 2014 - 07:20 AM.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#16 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Scorpion 5 please,then i can get all the empties from the new machines,and be very rich :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If no one wants to do that then red mpu5 will do ;)

#17 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

I've added the "Both" option, to make the poll more sensible. If slightly less controversial...

#18 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

SRU is done remember as per the look at what you could have won video.

#19 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

SRU is done remember as per the look at what you could have won video.

And MPU2 and MMM, no doubt with others. Be a good chap and go ask for the emu to be released.

bj

#20 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Sure I've asked enough its your turn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users