1 reply to this topic

#1 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

First of all take a look at the Reel Editor.

You should see 3 reel images.

1) Normal Reel

2) Masked Backing Reel

3) Masked Symbol Reel

The emulator only uses the Masked Backing Reel, and the Masked symbol reel. The normal reel is never displayed.

The normal reel is only used as a shortcut, an represents the reel as a whole band either made yourself or dumped directly out of MFME/JPeMu etc.

When I say black I mean RGB(0,0,0) as this is the transparent colour.

The way I do my reels is to take a copy of the normal reel, and draw round each symbol with black, completely masking off any of the unlit part of the reel. That is how you create the "Masked Backing" reel.

At the bottom of the Reel Masking Tools on the left hand side of the reel editor, you should see a button called "create".

Assuming you used black, you dont need to change any of the colour boxes near it.

If you load the Normal Reel into the editor, then load the Masked Backing reel, and then click create, the Masked Symbol reel should be created for you.

All the emulator does here is to look at the masked backing reel pixel by pixel. If it see's black it copies the pixel from the normal reel, if its not black it makes the pixel black. So you get the opposing image.

The masked backing reel is lit by lamps in the emu, the masked symbol reel is displayed at a constant brightness. The brightness of the masked symbol reel can be changed in the Layout Tools Reel section and is called "Back Bright". This can be set to any value from 0 to 255 to suit the layout. A value around 50-80 is usually right.

You can also load a custom lamp mask, but if you do you will need to use the alpha channel editor to create the alpha channel for the mask. If not everything will look grey and not lit. You'll find it in the main "Tools" menu.

Attached Files

Edited by Guitar, 26 April 2014 - 05:50 PM.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#2 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

thanks guitar I will be experiementing when I have eaten my tea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users