ace grand national

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stevester

stevester

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

hiya i have a ace grand national 6jackpot,,but sadly  the game eprom for it  the springs on it have snapped,,could some one help please..and also where are the dil switches for it many thnx for your time steve

#2 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Ello bud..... saw your post on one of the Facebook pages earlier about this..... bit confused by what you mean about these springs though, as I have no knowledge sp.ace (The system hardware), using springs anywhere..... do you mean pins on like ROM chips or Game Cards at all?

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Ello bud..... saw your post on one of the Facebook pages earlier about this..... bit confused by what you mean about these springs though, as I have no knowledge sp.ace (The system hardware), using springs anywhere..... do you mean pins on like ROM chips or Game Cards at all?

I can only assume they mean that some pins/legs have snapped off the ROM chip/s. We all know how easy it is to do... I certainly have a few times in the past!

#4 stevester

stevester

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

hi sorry been away,,yes i mean pins lol..the game chip pins has snapped...stupid me won it off ebay  and was working fine all the lights my hidden treasure flashing in attract  mode but didnt get to play it as when i removed machine to open back ,,suddenly an error 92 i belive it was and how stupid of me not knowing even thinking of coin mech so i was stupid to take game eprom out to put back in god knows why when normally i would check coin mech first cos ive had so many machines ..so i took eprom out for nothing to find out it was coin mech issue..so am stuck guys..would love to get this running cos it cost me a 100 and 90 delivery and feel sick for what ive done trust me.

#5 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

You need to ask someone to burn you a new EPROM then. A few people on here have the facility to do it.

#6 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

hi sorry been away,,yes i mean pins lol..the game chip pins has snapped...stupid me won it off ebay  and was working fine all the lights my hidden treasure flashing in attract  mode but didnt get to play it as when i removed machine to open back ,,suddenly an error 92 i belive it was and how stupid of me not knowing even thinking of coin mech so i was stupid to take game eprom out to put back in god knows why when normally i would check coin mech first cos ive had so many machines ..so i took eprom out for nothing to find out it was coin mech issue..so am stuck guys..would love to get this running cos it cost me a 100 and 90 delivery and feel sick for what ive done trust me.

OK.... for this vintage of machine, we should be able to help, although you maybe able to get assistance from MPU Mecca too.

One thing I would like you to do though, is take a pic of the rom in question that has been damaged, as in some cases, it maybe possible to repair the damaged pin, by soldering another one to it, assuming these is enough exposed metal to which to solder to..... done this trick once before on my Maygay Simpsons (Blue, Epoch), and it worked fine :)

Also if possible, could you give use the reference code that is stamped in to the rom, just in case this pin trick does not work, so whomever can burn you new ROM's, can make sure they have the correct blanks to hand.

#7 stevester

stevester

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Mms Img 645910345
Album: eprom
3 images
1 comments

not sure what im doing with site lol hopefully there should be a gallery or something with pics in (if ive done it right)

printed on the rom was 

b9242

nm27c256q700

#8 stevester

stevester

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

can anyone help please need some roms making up tryed the soldering leg trick with no joy im afried 

managed to get someone to write one for me but kind of stuffed up puting it in  (long story but my own stupid fault) 

long story short i need both eproms 1 and 2 now and the mpu reels one too so three in total 

please please help someone as would really love to get this working 

there is a album loaded with pics its the two at top (one with pink sticker and empty slot below that) then the mpu reel one is near the bottom 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users