* * * * * 2 votes

Project Amber 10910

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#141 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

Good luck with your endeavours, mate.  I know it will be worthwhile for everyone, when it's done. :)

Do you want me to send you a list of emulator fixes that are needed before you fully get into it?  You know most of them I think, but I think it would be best sending you the information before you get head-deep into it.  Or can you add them at the end?

I'll PM you later on Thursday with what I know.

Dean, did you spot Magik's suggestion over @ Mecca yesterday?

http://www.fruitemu....ition/?p=237443

#142 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

thanks for the update

so does that mean if the server cocks up and changes its I,p address or crashes will that be it for a few months

#143 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Good luck with your endeavours, mate.  I know it will be worthwhile for everyone, when it's done. :)

Do you want me to send you a list of emulator fixes that are needed before you fully get into it?  You know most of them I think, but I think it would be best sending you the information before you get head-deep into it.  Or can you add them at the end?

I'll PM you later on Thursday with what I know.

Yes please.

thanks for the update

so does that mean if the server cocks up and changes its I,p address or crashes will that be it for a few months

Pretty much, I have been taking measures to ensure that it doesn't change but I'm sure it will defeat me eventually.

Hopefully it will be closer to a couple of weeks rather than a couple of months, but it'll be worth the wait.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#144 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

if needed can you just change 109.14 I.p addy   to  point to somebodys static i.p

Edited by banditboy2006, 08 May 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#145 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

and will the lamp importer be working in amber 11000

#146 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

Cheers for the info looks like I'll have to spend my £3,000 bank a bit sharpish lol. If the server goes tits up we've always ye olde mfme to fall back on, hopefully it won't. Again looking forward to having a dabble at layout creating in Amber. Will scorp4 and mpu5 be looked into at a later stage to please.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#147 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Cheers for the info looks like I'll have to spend my £3,000 bank a bit sharpish lol. If the server goes tits up we've always ye olde mfme to fall back on, hopefully it won't. Again looking forward to having a dabble at layout creating in Amber. Will scorp4 and mpu5 be looked into at a later stage to please.

I am hoping that KC decides to look at Scorp4 and MPU5. Having seen the way he has written Epoch, he is clearly a more experienced coder than myself, and the emulation will be that much better for it.

I've got enough on my plate completing the older techs and sorting out the broken bits in them.

#148 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

and will the lamp importer be working in amber 11000

Good question, with a bit of luck there will be a proper import tool rather than just a lamp import tool. It depends on a lot of things but its a possibility for sure. I don't want to keep putting off the release indefinitely. If the cores go well and take shape quickly then I will try and go the whole hog and get all the known bugs fixed.

The path to where I want Amber to get to is clear, but its a long road and takes time. Everything will get fixed eventually, its a question of trying to prioritise things. I've been putting off certain updates as I knew I would have to rewrite large chunks when putting it into C++. So rather than write it twice (VB and C++) I'll only have to do it once. The extra speed afforded by converting to C++ means I should be able to do some things more correctly rather than having to take the occasional short cut.

Its a question of balancing things. Personally I much prefer writing the emulation bits to the editor and tools. But without the toolset it wouldn't be usable. I've been in quite a long period of sorting out the editor, tools, and server. Things are relatively stable and shouldn't need to change all that much for the core updates.

#149 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for the update, very promising outlook longterm. All the best Guitar :)

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#150 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Good question, with a bit of luck there will be a proper import tool rather than just a lamp import tool. It depends on a lot of things but its a possibility for sure. I don't want to keep putting off the release indefinitely. If the cores go well and take shape quickly then I will try and go the whole hog and get all the known bugs fixed.

The path to where I want Amber to get to is clear, but its a long road and takes time. Everything will get fixed eventually, its a question of trying to prioritise things. I've been putting off certain updates as I knew I would have to rewrite large chunks when putting it into C++. So rather than write it twice (VB and C++) I'll only have to do it once. The extra speed afforded by converting to C++ means I should be able to do some things more correctly rather than having to take the occasional short cut.

Its a question of balancing things. Personally I much prefer writing the emulation bits to the editor and tools. But without the toolset it wouldn't be usable. I've been in quite a long period of sorting out the editor, tools, and server. Things are relatively stable and shouldn't need to change all that much for the core updates.

so when  the new lamp importers ready that should stop it missing the odd lamp of so it can be basically drag and dropped from the lamp matrix to the layout

#151 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

It isn't hard to find missing lamps just play the game and find them !!!

#152 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

It isn't hard to find missing lamps just play the game and find them !!!

I know but I have bad eye site I cannot short distance for to long with out getting a head ache

#153 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

Update: I am now doing copying the 7 Segment display driver from VB to C++, once that is complete I can begin testing MPU4 in the new format.

#154 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

Dean, did you spot Magik's suggestion over @ Mecca yesterday?

http://www.fruitemu....ition/?p=237443

Yeah.  I saw the thread, mate.  The list of emulator fixes I mentioned were code-based fixes that Amber still needed, and not general suggestions mate.  Like payout errors with MPU4, and missing 7 segs on certain techs.  I thought it would be best mentioning them to Guitar before he got into the conversion.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#155 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

the servers has died oh balls with biggest raffle pot ever gutted

give bt a good slap

I cannot understand why the I.p keeps changing

I have got 3 broadband connections on the go here and the I.p don't change

even when theres 3 laptops

1 ps4

1 xbox 360

1 sky box

3 android phones running at the same time

Edited by banditboy2006, 08 May 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#156 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

if needed I will take out another broadband line for amber to help out

if the costs is around 15 a month I haven't got a problem with that as it make guitars live easyier having a static I.p address

as I can allways pick up a mega cheap base unit with a proxy running

#157 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

That's my virtual gambling gone tonight then, ooh well I'll get on with my layout instead before my weeks real gambling begins.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#158 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

doing my mega botch layout tonite

#159 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Today's update, C++ is a pain in the ass to debug.

I've picked up a few bugs on the way in the conversion, but am starting to see decent progress now. I should have Smash and Grab running by tonight, then I can add in the extenders etc, last will be to add the sound, which should be fun.

#160 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Good luck with the rest of the conversion process, mate.  Will be interesting to see the speed/resource usage is compared to Amber as it is now.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users