• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#201 alansthedaddy

alansthedaddy

Former tooler/player........

• Regulars
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for the update Guitar...looking forward to all new tech especially mpu4 video and JPM!! Bring it on :) !!!!!

Posted Image

#202 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

Downloaded the update to try after giving up on the old one.....

Again, everything runs fine in offline mode, but nothing at all in online mode...

Any ideas anyone, any links to a guide to look through to see what i am doing wrong?

Guess it is just install and play? Nothing special to do?

Just sits there showing "Attempting to connect" after update install.. prior to this, it was just a hang screen after file library runthrough...

#203 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

I think he server is down.

#204 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

yeah it is its been down a week or so

#205 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Downloaded the update to try after giving up on the old one.....

Again, everything runs fine in offline mode, but nothing at all in online mode...

Any ideas anyone, any links to a guide to look through to see what i am doing wrong?

Guess it is just install and play? Nothing special to do?

Just sits there showing "Attempting to connect" after update install.. prior to this, it was just a hang screen after file library runthrough...

While the emulator undergoes this massive upgrade the server is down. I can't release an update until the work is finished as the way things work has been changed significantly in the back end.

The server will be back up when the new emulator launches. Until then you can still use offline mode uninterrupted.

The server is also being changed significantly to allow for new mini games, more user arcade control, automatic updates, administrator accounts, and to account for the new methods of emulation.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#206 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

Ok, thank you.

#207 GreyNight

GreyNight

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

I'll have to try the online mode once the new emulator launches.

#208 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

MPU4 is now running Smash n Grab in attract mode. Though there is a core bug somewhere as the attract mode is only 99% correct.

But its significant progress and the updated debugger, while it took a long time to write, is now paying dividends getting things running.

In the process of converting the lamps over to C++ I have discovered a couple of bugs in the way lamps were being processed and they now look even more as expected.

Speed is now becoming a problem, but in the unusual way of everything is too fast. Even running from the VB IDE the game is running at hyper speeds, which is a nice change but somewhat difficult to see errors in attract mode.

I hope to get the RS232 emulation working later, and then start work on converting the sound chips over to C++.

#209 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for the update, mate.  Good to see that speed is no longer an issue.  Just need a way of harnessing it. :D

Good luck with the sound chip conversion.  Whatever you do, keep the synth sound on MPU4 exactly how it is on Amber currently. :)  In its current state, it's absolutely flawless.  The pitch, and clarity is the 'muts nuts'; as they say.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#210 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

Well the sound is being hilariously annoying to get running.

I set up the simple sound test the same as I did in VB, and cant get it running, so I rang DT, asked him, and he can't see why it wont work either. As soon as I can get this bug fixed, I can get the sound in, and get the last extenders etc put in.

But other than the sound everything else is coming on lovely.

Next tech will be IMPACT, then MPU3, Space, & System 80. That should see at least 1 iteration of every CPU core running. After that everything should come on a lot quicker as code can be reused.

#211 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

If you look at the docs you could add mps2 to that list ehen you look at system 80.

#212 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

Seriously well done mate.  Great to see this evolving so quickly :)

Will you be looking at System 1 at any point.  Is it a nightmare tech?

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#213 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

Most of the time I ain,t got a clue what you,re talking about guitar but it sounds interesting, truly amazes me how you and others in the past have spend countless hours/days even years to bring us these emulators. Can't wait for all these techs. Any idea on the timeframe for near completion of Amber v2.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#214 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Any idea on the timeframe for near completion of Amber v2.

Well Amber 2 will be the fully 3D version, which will be started when this is completed, so probably a fair while yet before Amber 2 starts to progress.

Amber 1.1 is the next version which will have all the C++ cores and other upgrades, I hope to have it ready by the end of June, so expect it around September with my usual timing estimates.

#215 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Can't wait for all these techs. Any idea on the timeframe for near completion of Amber v2.

When its ready I imagine.  What's the rush?

#216 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

You will hate teaxs instruments ics by the end guitar.

#217 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

no rush just wish the amber version1 was still online as it was great to be able to play against each other but it,ll happen again soon I hope. 

When its ready I imagine.  What's the rush?

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#218 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

I will give you 10k if you finish it before the end of the month

#219 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

You will hate teaxs instruments ics by the end guitar.

It can't be as bad as the z80. I hate the z80 format with a passion. Who the hell designs a CPU where load is bi-directional. I wish Motorola had won the CPU battle.

#220 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

Well the sound is being hilariously annoying to get running.

I set up the simple sound test the same as I did in VB, and cant get it running, so I rang DT, asked him, and he can't see why it wont work either. As soon as I can get this bug fixed, I can get the sound in, and get the last extenders etc put in.

But other than the sound everything else is coming on lovely.

Next tech will be IMPACT, then MPU3, Space, & System 80. That should see at least 1 iteration of every CPU core running. After that everything should come on a lot quicker as code can be reused.

System 80 including simple sounds, the ones that play mute in MFME? Wonderful. Just need Clickety Click ROMs to turn up now.

Thanks guitar.

bj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users