• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SamieAB

SamieAB

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

HI there,

Just bought a Cash Cow fruit machine that says QPS interactive 2001.  Looking around I'm guessing its a bellfruit machine.

I have a couple of problems with it, they don't really affect game play too much but are annoying.  The mainboard inside says Herber Pluto 5.

Was wondering if anyone would know where to locate a manual for such a machine....

if anyone knows, the current problems are

- Cash full light stays on even with all boxes/hoppers empty

- the high/low number reel has come detached on the previous owner and now doesn't line up correctly

Any help is appreciated but I'm happy with it as it works anyways

Thanks, Samie

Attached Files

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

HI there,

Just bought a Cash Cow fruit machine that says QPS interactive 2001.  Looking around I'm guessing its a bellfruit machine.

I have a couple of problems with it, they don't really affect game play too much but are annoying.  The mainboard inside says Herber Pluto 5.

Was wondering if anyone would know where to locate a manual for such a machine....

if anyone knows, the current problems are

- Cash full light stays on even with all boxes/hoppers empty

- the high/low number reel has come detached on the previous owner and now doesn't line up correctly

Any help is appreciated but I'm happy with it as it works anyways

Thanks, Samie

Nope, it's not a Bell Fruit machine. These days QPS are part of the Bell Fruit family (so all modern QPS will be built on Bell Fruit hardware) but in the old days they produced machines using pretty much whatever was available, much like MDM. They used Barcrest MPU4 and JPM IMPACT that I know of, and more recently Bell Fruit Scorpion 4 and Scorpion 5 (and probably Scorpion 6) but I had no idea they'd used Heber Pluto 5 before :S

Heber Pluto 5 is an odd tech for a hi-tech machine like that, of that age. I'd always assumed that in a cabinet like that it would be running Maygay EPOCH or similar (not that it helps you, just what I assumed!).

Cash Full lights are not allowed on modern machines, and if it stays full constantly it could be that either it's got the wrong bulb holder in it's position, or that the machine (while literally empty) isn't empty according to the software, so you would need to do a hopper dump / defloat to tell the machine it is empty. This is normally done either in test mode, or by having the refill key (87000) inserted, while pushing a 'hopper dump' button, normally located in or near the cashbox door inside the bottom of the machine.

As for the number reel, assuming it's seated inside the machine correctly (I'd expect it to push fit?) then it'll be that the reel motor needs adjusting within the reel housing, or a fault with the reel opto sensor.

In any case it's late and I'm beered up following a day of decoration so hopefully someone with more experience can advise - I'm just shocked that I've only just found out that it runs on Heber tech :D

Edited by Bencrest, 07 April 2014 - 10:56 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users