34 replies to this topic

#1 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

Yep, kept this one quiet, but its here and its lo tech.

You'll need to download the installer as usual.

There is an extra bonus feature in this one, not 100% complete yet but it needs to be in the menu's for testing so you can see what it is.

Also a few bug fixes, I enabled the mouse wheel again. I haven't added the heads up win/loss yet for online mode, I'll probably have another update out tonight.

Enjoy...

Attached Files

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

Almost got me there Astra p time my arse, shit you have to thanks. About a million astra fans will be pleased with this one and it's the 4player arena type. Watch this site go into meltdown laters lol thanks for the updates and the extra special gift.

Edited by vectra666, 01 April 2014 - 07:05 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

excellent i will get my special layout finished as i can be added online now

#4 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

There is genuinely something extra in here that's worth having. But, yeah, couldn't resist the jape.

#5 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

I've finally sorted out the state files on the server, so every game should now work online, if one fails, let me know.

If anyone has any layouts they need help with, or has questions, ask away.

I'm working on another upgrade with various new bits in it, and also some docs to help people understand the tools.

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

thanks for the update again where,s party time lol nice to see all the games running thanks

#7 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

i am doing a release thread for blue moon tonite

can you add it online as well if possible

#8 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

you have added mame support 

#9 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

There is genuinely something extra in here that's worth having. But, yeah, couldn't resist the jape.

Save Layout in MAME Format?

#10 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Sounds interesting.

bj

#11 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

i am doing a release thread for blue moon tonite

can you add it online as well if possible

Yeah I'll add it online once you release it.

#12 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Its in development, but it shouldn't be too long before its compatible. I'm working with El Condor, he's doing some MAME graphical updates, and I'm allowing saves from Amber using the MAME format. That way Amber can be used as a wysiwyg editor for MAME layouts. Whether it can be used as a fully fledged front end remains to be seen, but its a step in the right direction.

#13 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Not used mame only a bit in the arcade side so you weren't far off with partytime maybe dond the early ones at least sounds interesting very much as could never get on with name but could be made easier with Amber

#14 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Not used mame only a bit in the arcade side so you weren't far off with partytime maybe dond the early ones at least sounds interesting very much as could never get on with name but could be made easier with Amber

That would require Scorpion 4 ROMs to be loadable in Amber though surely? Then again, that would probably be easy to implement once Amber is moved from VB to C++.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#15 elcondor

elcondor

MAME bloke

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

There's a thing that MAME can do with Windows stuff to publish the status of certain outputs etc that could be picked up by an external tool.

Search for MAME Hooker for an example runtime or http://dragonking.ar...aboutmamehooker , or http://aarongiles.com/?p=181 for something more generic.

Obviously for lamps, leds etc we use an internal version of this, but in MAME artwork anything that isn't a screen that is in the layout has to run through this method, so we could make this work if people were desperate. Might be worth checking the licensing though. I'll have to start playing with the layout generation though, for my own purposes - I know there's a load of stuff missing from the MAME layout code that wouldn't matter if Amber was handling it instead.

#16 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

There's a thing that MAME can do with Windows stuff to publish the status of certain outputs etc that could be picked up by an external tool.

Search for MAME Hooker for an example runtime or http://dragonking.ar...aboutmamehooker , or http://aarongiles.com/?p=181 for something more generic.

Obviously for lamps, leds etc we use an internal version of this, but in MAME artwork anything that isn't a screen that is in the layout has to run through this method, so we could make this work if people were desperate. Might be worth checking the licensing though. I'll have to start playing with the layout generation though, for my own purposes - I know there's a load of stuff missing from the MAME layout code that wouldn't matter if Amber was handling it instead.

There wouldn't need to be much control at all really.

Pass ROMs and config settings from front end > MAME.

Be able to Init, Reset, Run

Then pass the relevant gfx info from MAME back to Amber for displaying. (lamp number and state, 7 seg number and state, alpha display values, reel number and position.

And some method of switch inputs.

Everything else can be handled locally in MAME.

I'm up for it if I can get a bit of help/explanation of how to hook it together.

As for checking the license, what would the issues be?

#17 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

another one should be on it way tonite from me

#18 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Cheers , thanks!

NQ.

#19 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

OK - I have downloaded the new installer, but like a plonker I've gotten a new PC and forgotten to back-up the Amber layouts and ROMS...

...I've also forgotten where the latest release layouts amended for the newer Amber emulator are - any quick links to them anyone please? :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#20 elcondor

elcondor

MAME bloke

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

There wouldn't need to be much control at all really.

Pass ROMs and config settings from front end > MAME.

Be able to Init, Reset, Run

Then pass the relevant gfx info from MAME back to Amber for displaying. (lamp number and state, 7 seg number and state, alpha display values, reel number and position.

And some method of switch inputs.

Everything else can be handled locally in MAME.

I'm up for it if I can get a bit of help/explanation of how to hook it together.

As for checking the license, what would the issues be?

Just you've got to be a bit canny about making sure that the first time use disclaimers are used and stuff, check http://www.mamedev.org/legal.html just to make sure - I think you're OK.

If you look at the links for MAME Hooker, you might be able to see how to get an interface to MAME's outputs that you can play with, I'm not really too sure about how it works myself, suffice it to say that MAME sends on off signals for lamps and leds. The main issue we would have is that MAME smooths the lamps out, so you don't get the dimming effects that your stuff is capable of. Can I suggest you let me contact some MAME peeps about this - I mean, it used to be done for Visual Pinball (called, funnily enough, Visual PinMAME), but I think they did some sort of visual basic DLL compile that didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Actually, just written a belt reel visual method for MAME, but deliberately held off from posting about it yesterday, as me waking up would have been to much like a joke for April 1st.

Edited by elcondor, 02 April 2014 - 06:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users