• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hi All,

I was just thinking, since DOND introduced  Box 23 back in January with the chance of either doubling up or leaving with nothing (along with the other options in between). Could this be introduced as a new end feature in future DOND machines?

For example:

Double = Repeat

+£10,000 = +£25

Money Back = Money Back

Half = Half

Nothing = Nothing

This should only come into affect after playing the super feature.

Cheers,

#2 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

well box 23 might be useable if the contestant wins 250,000 so if It doubles.. could be trouble.. but you can only win £ 100 per game so the programming code wouldnt allow a box 23 to come into effect ob a £100 box win.
plus would you really trust this box 23 on machine..
I wouldnt

Edited by NickYerPesos, 20 March 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#3 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

well box 23 might be useable if the contestant wins 250,000 so if It doubles.. could be trouble.. but you can only win £ 100 per game so the programming code wouldnt allow a box 23 to come into effect ob a £100 box win.
plus would you really trust this box 23 on machine..
I wouldnt

I see what you mean because it wouldn't be able to double any wins over the £100 mark, it's a shame though really. Plus i guess it only really be doing if you had a blue or a low red anyway.

Plus the last person that won the £250,000 decided not to cash in and go for box 23 (who could blame him lol), if he had done though he would of been the first £500,000 winner as he had the box that contained double.

#4 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Couldn't a 'Double' be a guaranteed repeat? Don't these £100 machines have the repeat feature?

Posted Image

#5 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

yes but if you win over £100 it takes a second credit away.. on a seperate game AFTER the first £100 has gone into your 'bank'.. therefore the game has ended.. your win is awarded.. but how could box 23 work.. you couldn't revoke money already in the bank if you had half or nothing etc. if it had double or plus £25 then it would be awarding £200 or £125 which is illegal as it is winning over £100 per game

Edited by NickYerPesos, 21 March 2014 - 04:49 AM.

#6 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

yes but if you win over £100 it takes a second credit away.. on a seperate game AFTER the first £100 has gone into your 'bank'.. therefore the game has ended.. your win is awarded.. but how could box 23 work.. you couldn't revoke money already in the bank if you had half or nothing etc. if it had double or plus £25 then it would be awarding £200 or £125 which is illegal as it is winning over £100 per game

I don't play at the moment but don't some of the DOND machines already allow you to double your box (up to the jackpot value?).

An example of how 'Box 23' could work would be as follows :

Player completes the DOND game (either takes offer or opens their box / displays hidden value).

Player is offered the choice of taking that offer / hidden value, or gambling on 'Box 23'.

Box 23 could be another hidden reel, or a dapple / similar choice, as part of the same game / credit.

Box 23 options could be LOSE / HALF / MONEY BACK / DOUBLE / JACKPOT (as an example, obviously lots of other permutations could exist).

Obviously usual fruit machine rules would apply, so maximum win per game / credit would be £100 for Cat C, or £5 for Cat D), and so if you hit 'DOUBLE' but had an offer /  hidden value of more than 50% of the jackpot amount, it would simply add up to the jackpot amount and stop there, before offering a repeat (if applicable).

For example, you could accept an offer of £53 - you could then be given a LOSE / HALF / MONEY BACK / DOUBLE / JACKPOT type gamble based on another hidden reel, dapple, or similar.

LOSE = £0

HALF = £27 (allowing for the £1 round up)

MONEY BACK = £53

DOUBLE = £100 (due to the highest win per game / credit being £100)

JACKPOT = £100

You could also implement a '+£10' or similar to keep with the TV theme.

Not sure how popular such an idea would be, but it wouldn't be difficult to implement. If anything the machine would probably just be geared to offer lower wins from the DOND feature and rely on the player pushing for the JACKPOT or DOUBLE options.

Edited by Bencrest, 21 March 2014 - 08:00 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#7 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

nah, surely its now pointless. why bother with box23 if you cant use it with jackpot.

#8 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Plus i guess if you had the £100 in your box you'd be highly unlikly to risk the chance of doubling it when you could lose everything, unless they managed to tweak it so it allows mega streak to be obtained somehow.

#9 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

Well what started off as a dream, has now become reality lol :) .

#10 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

Lol, one of my videos made it here then... It's an interesting concept, but as already discussed, how would it work with the £100/CASHPOT box?

uhFPdSJ.jpeg

go4YGVy.jpeg

And rather than cash/deal or bust

fKAo87W.jpeg

I posted more info over on JPF if anyone's interested as I'd rather some things not be completely in the open

#11 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

Cheers for the additonal pics, seems a decent enough concept :)  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users