82 replies to this topic

#21 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

any chance of having a running cash and free plays total while you are playing in a sep box at side of layout of what you are playing

#22 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

Shouldn't keep winning the freebies bb2006 I normally spend as I go usually only win a fiver lol.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#23 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

How about when you log in to amber's online section you get to see what new releases have come out since you last logged in obv when there are many more layout being created . Then if you want you can click a download link that will direct you to the new layout or could direct you to your skydive to download the new games. I knows it's probably a stupid idea but I'm high on my meds atm so it's seems good to me lol.

Secondly didn't the mouse scroll button use to scroll the layout up n down when it's enlarged?

I like playing full res and when on the feature machines just having the bottom of the screen full screen then when you get a feature you scroll to top screen. Also I thought the scrolling was a little faster than it is currently orbit could be my meds making my sense of time and space appear warped lool. Anyways it's great work and I will be taking amber away on holiday with me so I can play it while traveling 600mph 35,000 feet up to stop the boredom of a 14 hour flight. Thanks for all your continued work on this nice, I will try and get on Skype before my holiday and have a chat with ya.

James
What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#24 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Oh and when I try and change the brightness of the games eg make it darker it crashes the completely. Will upload a video when get chance.
What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#25 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

Oh and when I try and change the brightness of the games eg make it darker it crashes the completely. Will upload a video when get chance.

Yeah that's an odd bug that one. I've noticed it before but I have no idea what the problem is. In the IDE debugger it works just as it should, when compiled it does weird stuff. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it doesn't but will make lamps flicker a lot. I'll look into it, but no promises I can find a fix.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#26 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

How about when you log in to amber's online section you get to see what new releases have come out since you last logged in obv when there are many more layout being created . Then if you want you can click a download link that will direct you to the new layout or could direct you to your skydive to download the new games. I knows it's probably a stupid idea but I'm high on my meds atm so it's seems good to me lol.

Secondly didn't the mouse scroll button use to scroll the layout up n down when it's enlarged?

I like playing full res and when on the feature machines just having the bottom of the screen full screen then when you get a feature you scroll to top screen. Also I thought the scrolling was a little faster than it is currently orbit could be my meds making my sense of time and space appear warped lool. Anyways it's great work and I will be taking amber away on holiday with me so I can play it while traveling 600mph 35,000 feet up to stop the boredom of a 14 hour flight. Thanks for all your continued work on this nice, I will try and get on Skype before my holiday and have a chat with ya.

James

Yes I forgot to patch the mouse scroll back in. In debug mode it crashes the IDE if the mouse scroll is on, so its always off except for compilation for public consumption. Unless I forget of course. I will make sure the next release has it in.

A layout list is definitely possible, I'll see what I can do.

any chance of having a running cash and free plays total while you are playing in a sep box at side of layout of what you are playing

Yes, I will add it for the next release.

Anyone fancy  playing a "Grab It" or "Sod Off" mini game? I'm sure you can work out what its based on.

#27 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

yeah go on

#28 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

This has been fixed and will be in the 10908 release.

#29 bullionbars2011

bullionbars2011

• Regulars
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

it would be good if the sound changed when the machine is full and the money goes down the back?

#30 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

May I express my most sincere thanks to all the administrators, layout creators, supporters etc. for all the hard work and endless hours it must take to create the excellent emulations on the site.

Since  stumbling upon " Fruit Emu" over a year ago I have managed to wean myself off a SERIOUS gambling addiction. It was hard, but with the help of FME I've now managed to stay clean for six months. (Yes that's right I said CLEAN). The monkey is finally off my back. Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.

The only thing I cant manage to get to work is AMBER, which is a pity because the fruity's look awesome. keep getting errors while extracting the download. any thoughts?  

#31 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

What errors are you getting?

#32 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:50 AM

Follow my guide found within the tutorial section. You'll have to overwrite the exe.file with the latest version 10914

#33 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

I've got passed the Missing dx file error, now I'm getting

"Run-time error '438':"

#34 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Run as addministration first going off?

#35 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

Sorry Vectra I don't understand, I'm getting on a bit (51) not very technical, although I did get a diploma in programming back in the early 90s. not much call for Pascal today. LOL

#36 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

Yes Vectra I have tried to run as administrator, get the usual warning sign "program wants to blah blah your computer settings" I allow that, but still get the run-time error 438 object doesn't support this property or method.

#37 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

Does anyone know if any of the Electrocoin machines will EVER be emulated?

LABYRINTH, PYRAMID, SPHYNX?

Nice memories of a miss spent youth.

#38 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

My suggestion would be to get rid of the garish and totally (IMO) unneeded GUI, to be fair it's awful.  I know it won't happen I know it will stop like that (or get worse) because DC is involved and he does all the gfx stuff.

Sorry but to me all is needed is a simple grey box game manager list type affair which I'm also sure will be less CPU hungry.  We do not need the emulator to LOOK like one specific tech or ONE specific game.  The GUI is really a functional beast to get to you to the action, it's not a side show or main event.  Please can we get rid of it or have an option to get rid of it in favour of a nice and simple grey box type game manager.

#39 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

I think it will become skinnable, so you can have it to look exactly how you prefer, I'm pretty sure this is what was said.  I do agree, I like a simple looking frontend.  I did pass some artwork on to Guitar which was very streamlined but still sexy and sleek looking.  He's welcome to use mine or request further help with it if needed, but this is Guitars choice at the end of the day.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#40 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

I think it will become skinnable, so you can have it to look exactly how you prefer, I'm pretty sure this is what was said.  I do agree, I like a simple looking frontend.  I did pass some artwork on to Guitar which was very streamlined but still sexy and sleek looking.  He's welcome to use mine or request further help with it if needed, but this is Guitars choice at the end of the day.

J

It was yeah. The skin has to be designed using the existing layout, so basically you would need the source art, then modify the graphics to use yours. That's how it works at the moment, and, I think is how it will work when the skinning packing tool is done.

There's about 100 images to do IIRC. Some of them need to be done in various states too, so lit, glowed, shaded etc. Each button has about 4 variants, one omni, one drop shadow, one off and then one black and white. I'll warn you now - skinning the entire emu would take about a week. I've put in four days and I haven't done the font map yet (15 images or so IIRC).

It reads PNGs, so you need to output them as png then the packing tool will create the skin file :)

Edited by Deathclaw, 12 May 2014 - 03:18 PM.

Fruitworkz current projects..

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users