• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ant2110

ant2110

• Regulars
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

Hi, 

I'm new to fruit machine ownership and I bought a load of 12v 5w wedge bulbs, as that's what I thought they are, but it seems they are brighter (and hotter) than the ones currently in the machines. 

Also, two of the machines have a much smaller bulbs fitted. 

Can you tell me the correct type and wattage I need to get the two types (large & small)

Thanks! 

Ant. 

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Hi, 

I'm new to fruit machine ownership and I bought a load of 12v 5w wedge bulbs, as that's what I thought they are, but it seems they are brighter (and hotter) than the ones currently in the machines. 

Also, two of the machines have a much smaller bulbs fitted. 

Can you tell me the correct type and wattage I need to get the two types (large & small)

Thanks! 

Ant. 

Most modern machines have 1.2 watt bulbs, regardless of whether they are the 5mm or the 10mm size.

I still have a load so I can send you some cheap if you want.

5 watt bulbs will generate huge amounts of heat and will soon damage the machine!

#3 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

do not use the 5w bulbs as they will damage reel bands and also melt the decals and white plastic lamp forming.

baz

#4 Guest_booze.net_*

Guest_booze.net_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

do not use the 5w bulbs as they will damage reel bands and also melt the decals and white plastic lamp forming.

baz

They'll also destroy the lamp transistors... I've done it back on in the day to MPS Superline... it's a big no no!

#5 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

All machines that use wedge type bulbs in both 10 and 5mm sizes, 1.2 watt is best (Some did used to use 2.2's, but more common to use 1.2's now), mostly down to heat issues, which in a machine, can get pretty bad, and certainly DON'T use the car 12v sort.

#6 ant2110

ant2110

• Regulars
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

1.2's ordered :-) Thanks guys - although the 5's did look good!!  :rolleyes:

#7 craigy73

craigy73

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

hello everybody, I am Craig" new member " I have doctors & nurses machine it all works fine, but the idea was to make money out of it ,10pence stake -£5 jp I believe that it is paying out to much I brought it for some Friday night fun when my m8 come round to my house, I put 40.00 a week in by the end of the night there are only a couple of pounds left in the hopper my friends love it . but I don't .

can anybody tell me if they have a user manual or can offer any advice on how I can check the percentage of pay-out !

many thanks.

#8 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

hello everybody, I am Craig" new member " I have doctors & nurses machine it all works fine, but the idea was to make money out of it ,10pence stake -£5 jp I believe that it is paying out to much I brought it for some Friday night fun when my m8 come round to my house, I put 40.00 a week in by the end of the night there are only a couple of pounds left in the hopper my friends love it . but I don't .

can anybody tell me if they have a user manual or can offer any advice on how I can check the percentage of pay-out !

many thanks.

It may well have just done a streak. Didn't you think to play it a bit first to check it's all good?

#9 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Totally illegal, and I would be careful not to post that kind of information on forums. The GC are watching ;-)

#10 ant2110

ant2110

• Regulars
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

And not to bomb my topic!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users