#1 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 257 posts

Donator

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hi Guys,

Time for another quick update... :)

The tool set for the emulator is really starting to take shape...  You can now add components to a layout (alphas and lamp panels) and drag/drop with the mouse to position and resize them.  I'm currently working on functionality so the properties can be changed (colours of lamps, alpha glow levels etc).  Once this is done we'll have a lot of the basics for the 'workshop' editor finished.

There's quite a lot still to do though before it's fully functional.  I still need to code editors for the reels and a transparency map editor so you can create DX layouts.

In the last month I've also found and fixed a few more issues in the core.  I've also implemented one of the last missing features which is the lamp and LED flash controllers.  The core is now pretty much release-ready

Hopefully I'll be able to start some testing with layout creators soon so the toolset can be improved and all the bugs ironed out..

The other good piece of good news is that Guitar is hopefully going to join the project soon :)  Once he's up to speed we'll hopefully be able to work together on a lot of the missing functionality to progress a bit faster.  This will be fantastic for the long term development of the project too as he's a lot more knowledgeable than me on various other systems and CPUs.

The bad news is we've just started a massive new project at work...  It's not really clear yet how it will progress but I  imagine there'll be a good 6-10 weeks around march/april time where unfortunately I'll have very little free time to progress the project.  I'll of course keep everyone posted on this in next month's update.

Until then :)

#2 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

Thanks for the update :-)
Posted Image

#3 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

Thank you for the update :)

#4 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the update :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

owww I do look forward to these updates. one can only imagine your code for epoch and guitars code together!

#6 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the news!

:)

NQ.

#7 safe

safe

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

thanks mate :)

#8 wildcat

wildcat

• Regulars
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

:thumbs_up: nice one mate

#9 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Nice one. Thanks very much for all your hard work :)

#10 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:53 AM

Thanks for the update

https://www.facebook...hotosandwebcams Great Yarmouth photos and webcams on facebook  <p> 

#11 tga

tga

• New Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Excellent ! , wish i was moving as quickly as you 2 ...........

#12 127127

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

Thank you for doing the epoch---owned a "wipeout" in 2003--sold it to  a dodgy pub for their own gain, was a great game and look forward to your progress on this emulator-----geff

#13 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for the update KC. I've had a lot on my mind recently too and it is all stress related. Basically, my dad has left the house and I need Homer and Marge Simpson to cheer me up. If you could do a video of Homer's Meltdown I would be most impressed.

#14 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for the update KC. I've had a lot on my mind recently too and it is all stress related. Basically, my dad has left the house and I need Homer and Marge Simpson to cheer me up. If you could do a video of Homer's Meltdown I would be most impressed.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OTgqM9Q8O0U

This any good?

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#15 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

Hi, yes it is OK. This was the first video I have seen. I have just commented to KC about this one. Not all the sounds work and the emu wasn't 100 %. I'd like to hear the improvements on it since December running this machine. I still have Spa's jackpot meltdown as MP3.

#16 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

not heard much on  epoch emulator any news we nearly at easter 

#17 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Hi Jon2007, I totally agree with you. From what I can see, KC and Guitar are helping with Amber and the Epoch Emu together. KillCrazy did state it may be ready for first release by April. I really hope it is!

#18 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Didn't KC say he may have stuff on with work which would delay the progress.

#19 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

Yes, KC mentions this in his initial post. I imagine this will impact the release date somewhat unfortunately. I'm sure KC will update us when he can.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#20 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Yes KC did say that. I have had a lot on my mind as my dad has left the scene. I just might have had an off day when I posted and forgot to say that. Surely this is work too? Look at the times I posted comments and time tunnel sounds of fruit machines while really I should've been revising for exams? Well I passed them, and I thought more of you guys instead of my future. I am hoping to have a future in folk music and making sound effects for games. I'd like to see how Maygay etc choose their sounds and embed them into the ROMs which is why I have inquired about BTEC levels in ICT/programming. I can make the old MPU3/MPS sounds from a PC speaker using beeps if that's good enough! :) I also attempted to make it play twinkle twinkle, the Simpsons and Frere au Jacke! I think a CD is available from our teacher Tony Sales. I'll keep you guys updated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users