- - - - -

Fruit-Emu is for SALE

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'm sure what Vecs means is that Duplu is an important part of this community and we should rally round and help him in his hour of need.

Count me in!!!

#42 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Fme community needs to pull itself together or lose it as said make a link asap

I'm sure what Vecs means is that Duplu is an important part of this community and we should rally round and help him in his hour of need.

Count me in!!!

This isn't about the FME community.

I hope so.

#43 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

No this certainly isn't about the FME community... it is about a man, who has singlehandedly maintained this site for all of us use (which includes FME, Real fruit Machine, Simulation etc) for many years, and at this present time needs to be released of this burden he has carried, much to his own expense.

This isn't a bit like the Thunderstorm Memorial link at all... nothing like it, so I don't want to go there. This is about a man who has cared for all of use greatly here, and because of the lack of support from most members of the site, and because real life has thrown the odds against him, has got to stop being the benefactor of Fruit Emu and make us all realise a very stark truth - nothing is invincible!

I am sure Alan will open a link for donations towards the site, if that is the route he goes down, but I really don't believe that he wants to wait months and months for a £20 donation like the dribs and drabs that members have done here over the years expecting the site to be 'eternal'.

Well now you've all woke up and smelt the coffee, and realise that Alan doesn't want to wait forever (like it would be if a donation link is set up) to get the price he needs, to save the site, I think quite a bit more is needed than a quick 'link' for donations...

...just my two-bob's worth protecting someone who I feel has been taken sorely for granted by the majority of us all here.

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#44 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

but the problem nobody knows the amount needed 

and if my number 1 rule is if i take something on i will only take it on if i can make it pay or cover the costs 

#45 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

but the problem nobody knows the amount needed 

and if my number 1 rule is if i take something on i will only take it on if i can make it pay or cover the costs 

have you PM messaged duplu?...

...to be honest I really don't think he wants to name is price publicly, and I believe earlier in this thread he mentioned using the PM system to find out costs etc - if you are really interested in wanting to purchase the site, then I suggest you do PM him to get to know what costs will be incurred to you personally for the site and domain.

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#46 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

have you PM messaged duplu?...

...to be honest I really don't think he wants to name is price publicly, and I believe earlier in this thread he mentioned using the PM system to find out costs etc - if you are really interested in wanting to purchase the site, then I suggest you do PM him to get to know what costs will be incurred to you personally for the site and domain.

Exactly Daryl, I don't want to plaster my asking price all over the front page as you get people saying "It's not worth that" or "It's worth way more than that" etc...  There are currently a few people interested and they all don't appear to have a problem with the asking price.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#47 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Made a note in my diary today, it simply reads "bugger".

NQ.

• ady likes this

#48 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Not been here in a long while but sorry to see the site is closing. I have faced a similar dilemma with my own site (Not FME Related) a few times but the reality was people never came up with the money I thought it was actually worth hence me still running it.

Hope things turn out ok for you Duplu

Commercial Touch Screen Jukebox Software....
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com

#49 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

No no nooooooooooooo way. This really cant happen Bad Times!! :(  

Oh Alan 11years now been here after my old home the hove went. What to do? Where to go? lost. Totally. Trying to think pos and keeping me fingers crossed and toe`s

I can`t thank you enough for all your hard work on building this place and the artist`s/layout boys and girls out there. To all other members and groups that have put the time into making the emulators kill and guitar setting a new path into the fme land ;) good on you fellars.

As for fobt`s (f***ing open bolloxs takers) don`t play at any bookies, I`ve had mates kill/top them selfs. I hate the ***ts I hope the government banned the ****ing things tbh. I`ve lost team mates because of there greed and nasty way of thinking and bullying to us techs.  

My rant is over. I just so hope the buyer can and will put the same amount of time and love into the site.

Many Thanks

In My Pants Ass Claping Tech AKA Impact

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#50 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

As a very few people know, and some more have already worked out, I'm the new owner of fruit-emu.

I'm keen to reassure everyone that big changes are not planned, in fact I have undertaken to keep the site related to it's core themes of FME, fruit machines and repairs etc. for at least the next five years, and I am contractually bound to this agreement.

I would like to echo the other comments made about all of Alan's hard work on the site over the years and what he has achieved here - it's a privilege to take over where he has left off.

Just to give everyone advanced notice, at a point in the very near future the site will be moving to a new server, there will be a period of unavailability while the DNS propagates. Updates will be posted when necessary on Facebook and the MPU Mecca if this site is down.

Alex

#51 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

Thanks Duplu for all you have done with the site over the years, and thanks aaamusements for taking on the site to preserve the future of FME.

#52 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

Relieved that someone impartial, relaxed and with an interest in machines has taken over! Still, you could have told me when we met up on Monday you crafty sod :D
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#53 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

Relieved that someone impartial, relaxed and with an interest in machines has taken over! Still, you could have told me when we met up on Monday you crafty sod :D

I'm very good with secrets... I did feel bad for not telling you to be honest, but to be fair you knew as much as anybody else did at the time!

:ph34r:

#54 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

Hi aaamusements guessed something was up as you are a admin thankyou for taking over this site long may it continue, I wish you luck with this site and everything within it
Ps you need a avatar something like I'm the boss lol and to duplu thanks again for all you've done for us fruit fans long may you continue to be involved

Edited by vectra666, 19 February 2014 - 11:57 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#55 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

Kinda worked that out when I saw you was a redster in the who's online box lol. Well done on your new purchase and venture. I wish you luck and look forward to at least another 5 years of FM emulation :D

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#56 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 257 posts

Donator

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

Great news! Thanks so much Alex for keeping this site and community going :)  If you ever need any help with anything server or webby related (linux, apache, MySQL, DNS, IIS etc) let me know

#57 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

Hi aaamusements,

I would like to thank you for taking over this site and wish you well with running of this site and moving it to a new server sometime in the future. Also I would like to thank Duplu for all his hard work in running this site for so many years.

#58 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Thanks aaamusements for taking over this fantastic site, it's great to know that it is in safe hands with you as the new boss :) , and thank you Duplu for all your hard work in keeping the site running for all this time.

Long Live Fruit-emu :)

#59 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

aaamusements taking over is good news, wishing you the best of luck mate.  Also big thanks to Duplu for what you have done.  Fruit Emu & DADs back 5 - 7 years ago were truly great sites.

I'm really pleased to see aaamusements taking over!

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#60 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Excellent news Alex.  I did wonder when you posted about needing to raise some cash on the hurry up over at the Mecca.  Maybe the 2 aren't connected, but as you already ran a fruit machine site it did cross my mind you would be a potential purchaser.  Other than keeping things more of the same I am sure you have some future plans for the old place and I look forward to hearing / seeing how it all pans out.

In the meantime I can only echo what those who have gone before me have said.  Thank you Alan for providing this fantastic site for so many years.  My first foray into the murky world of t'internet was indeed this very site and I do hope your real life issues get resolved soon.

In my mind I do believe the membership have had a really positive outcome from all this; probably better than they could have hoped.  Let's see if we can all work together to get this great site back to its former self again :)

Gazza aka bj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users