Photo
- - - - -

Possibly one of the greatest Epoch games ever...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

As there is much talk about the Epoch games etc I thought I would share this fantastic Epoch game from Extreme Gaming. This was when Extreme Gaming was owned by the Maygay group of companies (also owners of Impulse, Global). Although the emulator would never be able to run the add on boards and control the LED lighting, this still is something we feel you should see...

Enjoy...

www.reelfruits.co.uk ~ Keeping it reel

#2 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Cant remember if this runs the eclipse mpu

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#3 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

No its EPOCH, hence the title lol!

#4 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

Good machine and it has a mixture of classic barcrests to it, las Vegas strip for the top feature, psycho cash beast and gold strike elements on the feature boards. Can't see why the New eppy emu can't emulate this as mfme already emus the feature board parts
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#5 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 257 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

I loved a lot of the Extreme machines back in the day.  They had a very unique and original "feel" to them.  It's a real shame that we're still missing the ROMs for most of them (especially the sounds)

Although the emulator would never be able to run the add on boards and control the LED lighting, this still is something we feel you should see...

Just curious - what do you mean by this? 

#6 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

Wow! I must say, the sound is amazing for an Epoch machine! I almost thought it was an MPU4 or 5 machine. Do you know if there are any sound roms dumped? I'd love to make a Windows 7 sound scheme with these as I did from the Simpsons ones!

#7 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 257 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

^^ No unfortunately not, It'd be great if we could get hold of them (along with a few other missing Extreme machines) for the emulator

#8 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

viper jive ?

#9 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 257 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Got the programs for viper jive but no sounds unfortunately :(

#10 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

I always loved Beaver Uncovered, Global, Awsome machine! Along with Italian Job 3, I do like my machine but i'd rather have Spin on it or an older Hurricane! All good machines by 4 sister/brother/aunt/uncle/parent/nanny/weirduncle companies all owned by Maygay/Global/GamesMedia/CoolGames/ACGames/Gemini or whatever....

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#11 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Cashino has an additional lamp driver board, very different to the standard lamp board that drives all of the other lamps. This separate board controls the LED lighting. Maybe somehow you have the emulator running this, but it is a special board just for Cashino as far as I know....well I have never seen one.

We have 1.0 in the machine (original program). As for Inky (Inka DInka Doo) we have 1.0 as well. Depending on the popularity of Cashino (sure it will be VERY popular) we may introduce Bubble & Squeak and Inka. 

Viper Jive was a bit of a flop as it was a harsh machine to force. If I could find and original program Cyclone by Extreme then I would be over the moon. 

#12 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 257 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

The LEDs are actually a standard feature of Epoch but yea I don't think there's many machines that used them (some have 7 seg alphas for nudge pots etc).  They're not actually coded into the emulator yet but will be pretty trivial to add in - they work exactly the same as the lamps.

I don't suppose you have the proms dumped for any of your machines do you?  I'm sure I have a set of proms for Cyclone somewhere (don't know the revision).  I'm guessing you mean you need the machine to go with them though!!

#13 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

We have almost all of the decent Epoch games, and some mega rare ones too. The LED board is some sort of extender board with custom chips on, its weird. Put it this way, we have had to repair it a few times, and this last repair was a biggie. Basically it is one of those boards that if it dies we are in soup!

Cyclone was an awesome game, would be nice to see a pic. What version is your Inka roms? Same as ours?

#14 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the reply KC, I was just saying how amazing the sound was! I do however have the spin on it sounds converted to wavs in sound tool. I will be working on a Windows Sound scheme for it. Any takers? I bet there will be an emu update soon... coming up for the end of January, you know. I also love all versions of the Italian job, Simpsons, Spin on it, Flashback, mostly all Maygay/Global/Impulse machines, can't wait to get my hands on the emu! I do hope it's going to be an easy-to-use GUI for me with the layouts using shortcuts like space=start, holds nudges=123 `=cancel etc. Good luck to you and all your testers! Maybe another video? I'd love to see Meltdown or an Italian job running on the emu!

#15 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Viper jive was always one of my favorites, Being extreme gaming anyway.

Slick guitar style climb board and the crazy streaks that comes with it.

#16 Brendo

Brendo

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:15 AM

"Although the emulator would never be able to run the add on boards and control the LED lighting"

...and then some Japanese random makes a (mute) layout of this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users