274 replies to this topic

#21 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Bit of an update, I've been preoccupied looking for my cat in the last few days so I'm not doing much to the emulator.

The last remaining job is to get MPU3 sorted and working efficiently. The bugs stopping games running seem to have been solved but sound is proving a bit of a challenge. I am now working towards a cycle accurate 6840 timer which will allow me to run the sound as it should be, also adding a lot of extra debugging to help with the process. I hope to have it finished by Friday, but you all know what my timing estimates are like.

Aside from that the emulator is pretty much ready to roll out. There are a few extras I would like to add beforehand but once MPU3 is sorted I can have the emulator out within a day maximum. The installer has been fixed and actually seems to work now!

If I can get that out fairly quick then I will get to work on addin spACE tech to the emulator, as code already exists in MFME I should be able to get that going pretty quickly, the 6303Y core is already in the emulator awaiting some attention, which I will have much more time to do once the emulator is released. After that, Castle techs will be added but will likely be slow progress as I move to concentrate on other things.

Ploggy has some cracking layouts ready to roll out with the emulator, I have a couple, and Pook and Tommy C have both pledged to release something too. Though I also promised to give them updated copies of the emu, which I haven't yet, but will do.

This should be the first proper release of the emulator which is stable, and includes some upgraded tools to allow for much better artwork quality. Reels & 7 Seg displays have had a makeover to increase quality, and give more options to the designer. I will be adding a small alpha which will be part of the default graphics so that when scaled down the alpha is still readable.

More news as and when it happens, Nick.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#22 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Looks like it's coming along very well m8. Keep up the good work and look forward to your updates.

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#23 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

I am very pleased to be able to announce that MPU3 is now ready, with sound fully implemented.

I will announce details of the release in due course over the next few days as I need to liase with layout designers first to ensure everything is go for launch.

It will be out next Friday at the very very latest though sometime over the weekend is more likely. Just some tidying up to do and a bit of refinement. Depending on how carried away I get with a few extra's I would like to implement (nothing major).

Windows XP, Vista, 7 compatible for definate (windows 8 is unknown as I don't have it), fully playable, with sound.

Guitar.

#24 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Nice one look forward to it, when this is released will we have to delete all previous Amber stuff emulator and all layouts from our systems and start again from scratch
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#25 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Excellent news well done.

#26 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

Thanks for the update Guitar

#27 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

Nice one look forward to it, when this is released will we have to delete all previous Amber stuff emulator and all layouts from our systems and start again from scratch

Start again from scratch really. If you have any layouts you've been making if you PM them to me I will upgrade them to the new layout format for you.

#28 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

Fantastic news Guitar, thanks for the update :)

#29 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

thanks really looking forward to this

#30 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the update.

Cheers.

NQ.

#31 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the update fella nice one

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#32 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

There will be a slight delay to release. I was giving it a good playtest to make sure all was well and discovered a major error in the Scorpion 2 reel driver. It may also effect Scorpion 1 too, but I am not sure at this stage. I will be working to fix it tonight and if all else fails I can always copy the MFME driver. I will keep you all posted.

#33 sturthrt

sturthrt

• Regulars
  • 82 posts

Donator

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

hows things goin guitar? i keep checkin back here about 10 times a day lol. can u tell im exited for release?

#34 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Its in the last stages of testing now. We found a bug or 2 in the reel driver for scorpion games. Having fixed that, and a couple of other things we are now testing things to see if the updates worked.

#35 blueboy

blueboy

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

will there be any help to set it up for silly people like me plz loking forward to seeing this up thanks for all the hard work you people do

#36 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Should be more simple this time, Guitars made a new installer.

#37 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

That's good as even though I've had no major problems installing it many others have. Would be good if the installation process was the same as mfme emu's
What with this Project Amber almost complete and easier to use and hopefully easier to create layouts, and the epoch emu, things could be livening up for next year.
Here's to a prosperous 2014 in fme land.

Edited by vectra666, 28 November 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#38 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Project Amber 1.1 will be out on Monday at some point. I am just putting on a few finishing touches and tidy-ups to the code. If it's ready earlier then I will release it earlier. But at the very latest it will be on Monday.

If anyone is available 8-12 o'clock tomorrow night I need some testers. If you wont be available at that time please do not apply. There is limited space on the server at this point so preference will be given to more established members (especially the one's who post).

Post in this thread if you are available and I will PM you with a user-name, password, and details on what's going on. If all goes well we'll have a bit of a server launch meetup sometime this week.

Attached Files

Edited by Guitar, 30 November 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#39 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Excellent news Guitar.

I would like to help but if other more established members would like to do it then I will gladlly wait until the release day.

#40 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

brilliant news as andy says it'll be best sent out to the more established layout creators and those that have helped with project amber I can wait an extra day or week for the finished product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users