Photo
- - - - -

Barcrest cash attack hopper will not fill

Best Answer chasnbons, 25 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

No worries mate, I got all the info I need now.

If my suspicions are correct, I think you might be from Leeds ;)

In which case I'm only too happy to help a fellow yorkie, although I'm in Stoke now, I'm origionally from just outside Wakefield.

Just pm me your name and address so I know where I'm posting it to lol

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Mattleeds

Mattleeds

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Bought a barcrest cash attack mpu5 fruit machine last week for use at home and love it but have one problem which I can't seem to fix. Basically all of my coins are going into the cash box at the box, it will not fill up the hopper. I have tried dumping the hopper, resetting the float full and filling with the refill key but it just won't fill up. When I refill with the key the display shows them going into the hopper but in reality they are not. I can fill up the hopper manually and then it pays out ok but I don't want to keep having to do this. I have only got one set of wires going into the coin mech which is an sr5 but I can't see anything obviously missing!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Matt

#2 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

This sounds like your routing plug is set wrongly. I don't know how to fix it, but I'm sure that a faulty/mis wired/mis connected routing plug is the problem. Search "routing plug" on here, and follow the instructions.

Oh and welcome to the forum Matt!

<div><strong>Forum aimed specifically at Barcrest Triple 777 fruit machine</strong> - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a href='http://www.supremeso.../t7/index.php''class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.supremeso...a></div></a><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div>

#3 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

Deffo sounds like faulty/missing routing plug to me as well.

Upload a pic of it so we can have a look.

#4 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Sometimes there are 2 wires floating around the coin mech, one which will be in the mech. Try swapping them over as different plugs are for different mechs and the wrong one may be in there. Failing that, check BOTH plugs are firmly inserted into the mech, especially the plug with wires that appear to go nowhere. Use something to push it in coz I spmetimes find it hard to push that one in all the way with my hands. Give that a go and see how you get on

#5 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Sometimes there are 2 wires floating around the coin mech, one which will be in the mech. Try swapping them over as different plugs are for different mechs and the wrong one may be in there. Failing that, check BOTH plugs are firmly inserted into the mech, especially the plug with wires that appear to go nowhere. Use something to push it in coz I spmetimes find it hard to push that one in all the way with my hands. Give that a go and see how you get on

I read it as, the mech is working fine, ie taking and crediting coins, but it just sends everything to cash box, even when machine knows hopper is empty, so has to be routing plug for me.

#6 Mattleeds

Mattleeds

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Thank you for your replies. Chasnbons you are correct the coin mech seems to be ok as it credits money correctly but them dumps everything into the coin box. I have taken a few photos that may shed more light but am new to the insides of fruit machines so let me know if there are other photos needed. I have noticed an unconnected wire in pic 1 that doesn't seem to connect to anywhere and won't reach the hopper or coin mech.

Thanks again Matt

Attached Files

#7 adam.colley

adam.colley

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

im having same problem m8 not got a clue

#8 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

The routing plug is missing mate, that's why everything is diverting to the hopper.

It should be in the hole to the left of the one which has the wire in, in pic 2.

Has it fallen out into the machine somewhere?  It's a black plastic plug with 22 holes in it.

If you find it, put it back in and it should work properly (as long as it's wired up correctly)

If you can't find it, I might have a spare, but I'd need to know which exit the quids come out of to go into the hopper, and also which exit you need the overflow coins to go to...... ie which cashbox in the bottom, usual practice is that quids go to one box and all other coins to the other.

If you look at the mech from the top and from the front, there are 4 exits in a sort of square, so as you're looking at it, the exits are

D   C

A   B

Hope you can understand that :)

#9 Mattleeds

Mattleeds

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your help again. There is no routing plug that has dropped off anywhere that I can find. If you have a spare I will happily buy it from you. Looking at the diagram that you did I would need the coins to go into to d to fill the hopper and a and b both drop into the right hand side cash box while c drops into the left hand side cash box.

Does this make sense?

Thanks Matt

#10 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Yea phil I was referring to the routing plug ;-) as a missin or incorrect one would divert coins to cash box.

As chasnbons has said, check for the routin machine around the machine, it's a small plug with a few linked wires in it. Usually black.

#11 Mattleeds

Mattleeds

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

It wouldn't be the plug shown on pic 1 that was the only one that I could see that is not connected although there are only 4 pins on it?

Thanks Matt

#12 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Yes Matt, it makes perfect sense, no if you're on about the white one in pic 1 then that's not it, it looks like these in the pic

Attached File  HPIM2320.JPG   71.04KB   3 downloads

Where do all the other coins go, left or right cash box?

I'll route the quids to go to the other one, that way it's easier when sorting them out ;)

Hang on and I'll go check (please God I got one now) and be back in a min

Edited by chasnbons, 25 August 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#13 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

Right I got one and wired it up for you, so the quids should go to D first and then when hopper is full go to C.

Hopefully when you've checked all other coins will be going to A or B, so that just quids go to one cash box.

PM me your address and we'll take it from there.

#14 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

Must have scared him off, I said hang on and he vanished lmao ;)

#15 Mattleeds

Mattleeds

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'm still here! All the coins at the moment are going into the right hand cash box. They are going down b I think. What info would you like me to pm you.

Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it.

Matt

#16 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:18 PM   Best Answer

In which case I'm only too happy to help a fellow yorkie, although I'm in Stoke now, I'm origionally from just outside Wakefield.

#17 Mattleeds

Mattleeds

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

All sorted now thanks to chasbons who set me up with a new routing plug. Top bloke can't thank you enough!

#18 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

No worries, glad it's sorted and it's always nice to meet another member.

AND in case anyone thinks he drove to Stoke from Leeds.............. I was wrong in my last post, he lives LOADS closer nowadays, in face only 15 mins away :)

#19 borgred

borgred

• New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

i am sure you have got over the trauma

#20 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

i am sure you have got over the trauma

Just about I think John, but I do get withdrawl symptoms occasionally, and have to go back.

Each time it's worse, the only saving grace is I get to see my parents ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users