• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hi guys. Just been offered a machine and don't know much about it. Extremely local so will be visiting soon but wanted to know a bit about it a value etc before picking it up.
Its called "Fruit Frenzy" . I dont know tbe make model or tech it runs on because the person selling it doesnt know lol.. has anyone heard of this? And perhaps know its value.. haha.

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hi guys. Just been offered a machine and don't know much about it. Extremely local so will be visiting soon but wanted to know a bit about it a value etc before picking it up.
Its called "Fruit Frenzy" . I dont know tbe make model or tech it runs on because the person selling it doesnt know lol.. has anyone heard of this? And perhaps know its value.. haha.

I think I recall a clone of Happy Fruits (see the second machine posted in the recent Tenner Challenge thread) called that, could be wrong.

[edit] A quick search for Bell Fruit Fruit Frenzy brought this up, I was kinda right but it's not an exact clone : 

http://www.bellfruit...uit_frenzy1.htm

I hate these machines, can't imagine they are worth more than £50 and in all honesty I'd strip them for parts, sad as it sounds.

Oh, on an unrelated topic, nice avatar, got one of those badges myself :)

Edited by Bencrest, 08 August 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#3 nick_uk_911

nick_uk_911

The Flaming Moron

• Regulars
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

That is the one i was thinking of also, probably scorpion 4 tech, not the worst game in the world, its been emulated also.

#4 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

Its a nice little machine, I love the sounds ahah

#5 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Well thats not too bad. Got it cheap. hopefully resale for a little profit.
Yeh bencrest. I love my little badge :)

#6 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

It's a fairly poor machine gameplay wise. You'll be bored of it within one sitting - typical BFG garbage from that era.

#7 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

2003ish Bellfruit Era, Scorp 4 Eclipse Cabinate, was in my local arcade and was a pretty good machine. Sounds were done by eJay so pretty good, usual excellent Bellfruit/Mazooma Stereo sound, was probably the best thing about it.

Worth about £100 to £70 (£100 in excellent condition) get it cheap as you can and upload lots of pics :)

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#8 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

It's a fairly poor machine gameplay wise. You'll be bored of it within one sitting - typical BFG garbage from that era.

I wouldn't touch it :)

2003ish Bellfruit Era, Scorp 4 Eclipse Cabinate, was in my local arcade and was a pretty good machine. Sounds were done by eJay so pretty good, usual excellent Bellfruit/Mazooma Stereo sound, was probably the best thing about it.

Worth about £100 to £70 (£100 in excellent condition) get it cheap as you can and upload lots of pics :)

It's a £15 jackpot, the flyer says 2001. They probably did a later £25 chip. 

Seriously, it's not worth anything like £70 > £100, but then again, it depends on who is willing to pay for it. I think a more serious valuation though would be £50 and cross your fingers someone takes it off your hands, I'd strip it for spares though.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#9 nick_uk_911

nick_uk_911

The Flaming Moron

• Regulars
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

in the local arcade i remember this games volume was so bloody loud it was literally unplayable! yeah probably i would value it between £50 -£80 quid 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users