#1 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

Just looking over past topics and realised its 10years to the day or so that Duplu launched Fruit-emu so thankyou dyplu for bringing us this great site for all to enjoy, if only I'd of found it 8yrs prior to me joining.
There must be some great stories to tell.
Like what was the most wanted fruit to be dx'ed, 1hat was the first slot to be released?
For long standing members, what do you feel when you 1st came across this site?
Basically what was or are your highlights and lows of the past 10yrs
And what's going to become in the next 10yrs epoch, electrocoin, astra maybe even £70ers as they'll all be old by then.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Can't believe it's 10 years old! I'll probably post a massive essay in here later, but for now, would just like to say Cheers to Duplu and I hope we are still here in 10 years time, unless I do another runner :D

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#3 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I used to work in a arcade I finished in 1999, it great to play the old classics again that I used to work with, thanks for making all the layouts people.

I would love to see bwb video & electrocoin emulated & its looking good for epoch emulator that's coming along.

Theres Guitars ProjectAmber which is very good just needs more layouts.

Modern machines have very good security on them now & would be very hard to crack probably.

Thanks everyone for the emulators & layouts, roms & all the other behind the scenes stuff, that allows us to play theses machines again :)

#4 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Happy Birthday Fruit-Emu. 10 years old. :cake:  Well done.

Iv'e been a member since July 2003 (aka. Asteroth) and have always enjoyed this site.

Thank You to Duplu for running this site so we may all indulge in our favourite fruit machines. :)

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

forgot to add on my post this morning via mobile..

:notworthy: Thankyou to every one thats been and are involved in the site the people who get the roms flyers buy machines to emulate, the creators who give us classic and dx,s to play with to the members who get involved even if just for the friendly banter ooh yes and of course to the guys who created the mfme emulators wizard n co and now guitar's Amber and the future Epoch emu from killcrazy,because without these dedicated guys the world of fruit machine emulation would never of exsisted. Basically thankyou everyone for giving me hours of fun :notworthy:

#6 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Many happy returns Fruit-Emu.  10 years old today, and they said it would never last.  I always think of myself as a newcomer, joining only in 2006.

This was the first internet forum I joined and it took me ages to post anything worthwhile, some might say they are still waiting for that moment :p .

I think I downloaded one of Wizzy's earlier creations and a Line Up quite some time before joining up here, though I cannot remember where from.  Can recall it took me ages to think up a user nick and then ended up with barcrest junky - it had a Bencrest influence on it, though the bj part came later, when I just couldn't be arsed to sign off posts in full.

Back then I was paying by the minute using dial-up, so never stayed online for very long.  My first really good mate on here was Daryl as he had posted a link to his website and I visited it, had a poke around and left a comment in the visitors book on my way out.  I miss many of the originals who used to post here, but they have disappeared as emulation has slowly died down.  I think it will recover but nothing like it ever used to be.

Here is to another 10 years and thanks to Duplu for creating and hosting and the mods and admins for the work they do here.

:beer: :beer:

bj

#7 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I remember the first day i joined,i think it was in june 2006 maybe ? lol i just couldn't believe what i was seeing and couldn't get the stuff installed fast enough,was really buzzing playing viva espana on my pc this was the first layout i downloaded,have been hooked ever since.Really tired now so can't be arsed writing a long winded post,but the bit iv'e written sums it up really.

Cheers duplu for keeping a truly amazing site going for all this time.

Edit just looked it was march 2006 :D

Edited by Tommy c, 23 April 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#8 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Happy anniversary Fruit Emu! :)

I have just looked at my membership and I signed up the day we opened here, 23 April 2003 - where have those 10 years gone eh?

There was a rocky start here if I recall correctly, but then that has been nothing unusual in all new FME sites - quite a few have come and gone this past decade plus, but Fruit Emu has stayed constant, true to its original idea and is, by far, the best place for downloading anything FME-related.

I have made some very good friends here over the past 10-year history here - some of whom I have actually had the pleasure (although it may not have been for them! ;)) to meet - BJ, CrAzYbAr, Stanmarsh and chasnbons to name a few - I have probably made some enemies too in my FME history here. That has never been my intention, those that know me know I’m not like that - but if that is how some members want to take me - well, it has been their loss - I’m still here! ;)

I wish everything well to Fruit Emu on its anniversary… it has been good to me, brought me years of pleasure, both in FME detail and in friendships and I wish it many, many more years ahead. They will be rocky, FME always has, but Fruit Emu has endured. Emulation is taking a different direction now and new emu creators are taking a more involved view of FME - there is hope ahead for all here.

I hope and pray that I can be here for quite some time to come… but one thing I know for sure is, with the Administration and Moderator staff here (I’m not including myself with the latter here - seriously) and of course every member that helps make Fruit Emu what it is - we will ALL have one hell of a ride ahead!

:present:  :beer:  :present:   !!! Happy 10th birthday Fruit Emu - many, many more !!!    :present:  :beer:  :present: 

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#9 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

I joined in 2009 even then I had admaration for the layout creators but it took me to november to post on here and after creating layout you relise the work that goes on behind the scenes.

Here's to another 10 years

#10 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

happy birthday fruit emu!!

Couldn't believe it last year after a friend told me about that you can download all them old machines and at first I though he was talking bull but then I decided to check it out and couldn't believe. As a keen fruit machine player in the past I was so happy to be playing all them great machines once again. I joined here about august last year and  So far ive played everything ive wanted to play. Thanks to the brains behind it all for doing this and thanks to dupliu sir, I think this site should see some media light perhaps mentioned in newspapers etc. 

Im already looking forward to posting my 20th anniversary comment, hopefully see some astra slots here then.

Heres to the next decade!!

#11 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Just looking over past topics and realised its 10years to the day or so that Duplu launched Fruit-emu so thankyou dyplu for bringing us this great site for all to enjoy, if only I'd of found it 8yrs prior to me joining.
There must be some great stories to tell.
Like what was the most wanted fruit to be dx'ed, 1hat was the first slot to be released?
For long standing members, what do you feel when you 1st came across this site?
Basically what was or are your highlights and lows of the past 10yrs
And what's going to become in the next 10yrs epoch, electrocoin, astra maybe even £70ers as they'll all be old by then.

im hoping for astras 9 player partytime arena emulated in the next 10 years, my moneys on that it will be here most definatly!!

#12 smashthegas

smashthegas

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Many happy returns of the day, Fruit Emu.  I have only just discovered this place and cannot thank the people concerned enough for their hard work, dedication (and no doubt endless patience) for making it possible for me to play some of the best fruit machines I ever played in my life.

I shall raise a pint to you all at the weekend!

#13 mazooma

mazooma

I'm not dead yet

• Regulars
  • 915 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm not really dead.

Happy 10th birthday to FE.

I must write a song about it - or at least a crap joke.

Where you came from, is gone.
Where you thought you were going, was never there.
And where you're at right now, aint no good, unless you can get away from it.

#14 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

What a wonderful home this has become for everybody! 10 years on and it still doesn't need any renovation :p
Been a whole host of ups and downs with people old and new coming along, the FE story would certainly be a must-read! Have enjoyed all my time here since I first set up in June 2005...Made lots of new friends, met a great group of people online and in real life at the Mecca meet and beyond.

I wish this place well in the next 10 years, hopefully it won't fly past so quickly though so we can take some time to savour the goodness that lies ahead!

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#15 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Indeed Happy Anniversary and well done for keeping the FME end up, when most of us, have just an odd mere glance at it's decaying state.

Edited by wearecity, 27 April 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#16 lufc26

lufc26

• Regulars
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Happy 10th birthday fruit emu!

I've enjoyed this site for years, I used to be a regular visitor before I quit gambling nearly 4 years ago. I got the urge to return and start playing the old games & I'm glad I did.

This has been posted before but I though it apt to post it in this thread.

This was fruit emu in it's early days, it has changed a lot since then.

http://web.archive.o...mu.duplu.me.uk/

Edited by lufc26, 29 April 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Last bet 11/06/09!!

#17 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Cheers for the link lufc interesting see ady only has 23posts now well over that. I see there's adders & ladders and snappy viper are these still available on here as the ones that are on here look different, if not maybe someone if they've got them could. re-upload them again thankyou. Interesting stories keep em coming

#18 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Happy 10th birthday Fruit-Emu.

I found this site by accident when looking for fruit machine sims, so I took a good look around the site and got the MPU34 emu, BFMulator and the JPM emu, downloaded a few layouts to play and since then I've been totally hooked.

OK, so I don't post much on the forums but I do say Thanks when I download a new layout.

I have even done a few classic layouts myself and the help I've had from other layout creators telling me where I have gone wrong and how to improve my layouts was fantastic, anyway thanks Duplu for launching this fantastic site and here's hoping all goes well for the next 10 years. :)

#19 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Happy 10th Anniversary Fruit-Emu and thanks for all the great layouts i have had fun with over the years and thanks to all the layout creators who help keep it alive, long may it live !  :notworthy:  :thumbs_up: 

:) Hold Yer Plums Or Go For The Melons :)

#20 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Cheers for the link lufc interesting see ady only has 23posts now well over that. I see there's adders & ladders and snappy viper are these still available on here as the ones that are on here look different, if not maybe someone if they've got them could. re-upload them again thankyou. Interesting stories keep em coming

I have them all vecs and could re-up them later if I get on the main pc and no-one else beats me to it.

bj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users