Photo
- - - - -

Any requests of Dx's for laptop's (1024dx)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I've actually re cabbed the artwork for vamp it up using shark raving mads cab as its the same so this is in the production line maybe with barmy army, the problem I get is the layouts that need resizing haven't all got decent pictures to start from

What is it you need?

#22 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Barmy army is possible using ross's off background image (I could use both but that would be cheating so I'll light up the off image again), vamp it up is sorted base art wise, I could do with decent piccies for bfm take note, so I can redo my clubbers little brother lol. I could use the OFF base art from exsisting layout and relight them like barmy army but trying to get permission to use em on some is near impossible.
And on another issue I,ve converted cash explosion £1 2p play all roms are in but can't get the reels to spin
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#23 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

And on another issue I,ve converted cash explosion £1 2p play all roms are in but can't get the reels to spin

You won't get them to run as they are system 85 roms so won't run :D i told someone this a couple of days ago in another thread.

#24 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

ahhh thats why it don't move lol. you probably told me then i forgot, i seam to forget lots these days. now where was i???

so its trial and error with bfmemu roms then

Edited by vectra666, 06 April 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#25 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Vecra what is it needed?

#26 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

ahhh thats why it don't move lol. you probably told me then i forgot, i seam to forget lots these days. now where was i???

so its trial and error with bfmemu roms then

No, it ain't trial and error,   scorpian roms will usually be ok but as been said NOT system 85 as they can't run in mfme

#27 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

ahh i see i'm still learning the adding roms bit some work some don't.. as for whats needed ady only a better piccy of take note so far got this one

Attached Files

Edited by vectra666, 06 April 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#28 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Shark raving mad will be a royal pain in the arse yo do as drawing the text in is a real pain when reduced down to 1024 size,i had a wip of supernova on hold for at least two years now as i couldn't draw in the blue lamps maybe i should have done em at full flyer size.

i've just re cabbed vamp it up, giving it side art and texted the blue/red bits and its readable in 1024wdx what do you all think? is this a go'er

Attached Files

#29 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

i've just re cabbed vamp it up, giving it side art and texted the blue/red bits and its readable in 1024wdx what do you all think? is this a go'er

Have you drawn that text in? if you have that is a really good job and looks fine to me for a dx.

#30 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

yep took about 5hrs to text its just about readable on lappy res and a few more to get background art correct only to find it had wording on it so had to clean it up, tried to get the windows look like moonlight shining through i put the machine in middle to show both part of ar even though the pictures are duplicates as for the dx itself i,ll probably be asking you about the red/blue lamping again and there,s a fair bit of masking and need to find the correct numbered reel symbols too, but thats much later on.
Another thing I forgot to ask is, when this machine is switched off can you still read the feature trail wording as in blue or red trail, if so does that mean I've got to add one of them to the off image but make it duller in colour, say a dim blue

Edited by vectra666, 08 April 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#31 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

yep took about 5hrs to text its just about readable on lappy res and a few more to get background art correct only to find it had wording on it so had to clean it up, tried to get the windows look like moonlight shining through i put the machine in middle to show both part of ar even though the pictures are duplicates as for the dx itself i,ll probably be asking you about the red/blue lamping again and there,s a fair bit of masking and need to find the correct numbered reel symbols too, but thats much later on.
Another thing I forgot to ask is, when this machine is switched off can you still read the feature trail wording as in blue or red trail, if so does that mean I've got to add one of them to the off image but make it duller in colour, say a dim blue

On the real machine when the lamps are off you could see a combination of both lamps,like a kind of dimmed effect Showing both,best thing to do is make a duplicate of your off images then color the trail black and use that as your off image.

#32 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

here is my off image do you mean like this or shall i dim the blue trail down

Attached Files

Edited by vectra666, 08 April 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#33 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Just like that.

#34 Forceaddict

Forceaddict

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hi Guys ( and gals) ;).

I wondered if anyone knew if the battle axe that is on here to download does the red eye IM??

I swear i have put hundreds and hundreds thru it with no red eye IM and very recently i was playing at my local arcade in Norwich and saw someone get the red eye IM so i know it's not a rumour..

Any ideas?? :(

Is it possible that I have had the IM several times on this rom but the eyes do not go red??

I ask that because sometimes it does fly to the Pot/battle axe feature. but no red eyes :(.

I know it's only a lil thing but am very curious to work out it's frequency and with no red eyes i can't .

Cheers...

#35 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi Guys ( and gals) ;).

I wondered if anyone knew if the battle axe that is on here to download does the red eye IM??

I swear i have put hundreds and hundreds thru it with no red eye IM and very recently i was playing at my local arcade in Norwich and saw someone get the red eye IM so i know it's not a rumour..

Any ideas?? :(

Is it possible that I have had the IM several times on this rom but the eyes do not go red??

I ask that because sometimes it does fly to the Pot/battle axe feature. but no red eyes :(.

I know it's only a lil thing but am very curious to work out it's frequency and with no red eyes i can't .

Cheers...

The eyes have proberbly been overlooked so they haven't been lamped.Best way to find out is got to design/edit mode then right c;lick on the eyes and select properties a box will com up for that lamp,if theres no red eye theres your answer :).

#36 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

The eyes have proberbly been overlooked so they haven't been lamped.Best way to find out is got to design/edit mode then right c;lick on the eyes and select properties a box will com up for that lamp,if theres no red eye theres your answer :).

the eyes don,t flash on this dx the word "battle axe should go red though another thing missing from that dx is the disc reels numbers should also go red for no lose i think

#37 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

sneak preview of a forthcoming release from me too if not to dark not sure which one i,m using yet thats why i need reel symbols in the other topic.

Attached Files

#38 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

sneak preview of a forthcoming release from me too if not to dark not sure which one i,m using yet thats why i need reel symbols in the other topic.

Ask ploggy can you use his reels from the clubber he did.You may have to make some alterations to the top band but that should be simple enough.

#39 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

i,ve got ploggy's permission to use his stuff so i may use the feature and hi-lo reel out of the clubber if near enough

reel symbols are in place need some work around the feature reel decals a few features are wrong texted i,ll start a forthcoming release soon

Edited by vectra666, 02 July 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#40 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Looking good -  even if it's only the off image so far! It's hard to tell if it's too dark as JPG images do tend to destroy detail in dark areas. Seems fine to me, wouldn't go any darker though, but it's personal preference really.

Thanks for taking the hints about trimming off the top and bottom of the cabinet, it does make your life easier and they really aren't needed. If you ever want to show the original machine in full cabinet, you can always bang an image of it in your side art anyway :)

Must say it's great to see you spending some time on these, hopefully you are taking some pride in your work because based on your last layout you've come on leaps and bounds :)

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users