• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hey lads and ladettes.. Just had a delivery of two new machines. I got a bucks bunny (scorp 4) and a lets play darts (scorp 5) both delivered for £85.. Can't complain eh..
Trouble is it came with a catch. Firstly the bucks bunny doesn't work at the moment.. Not sure if its a board issue or a psu issue.. My gut is telling me a psu issue but the only green led that lights up on the motherboard is the 48v one.. The rest don't light at all.
Any advice??
Secondly the lets play darts.. This is a great looking machine.. Well looked after. Ok let's get down to brass tax... There is a very strange lamp issue going on here.. And about 10 lamps refuse to work regardless of changing them for brand new ones.. Any ideas on the cause??
Secondly.. When the machine has all the doors closed the alpha still says that a door is unlocked.. I've checked all the switches, they appear to have contact with the door and locks etc but still no joy.. I'm going to try a couple of new switches in the morning..
And thirdly.. I have a really gay thing inside this machine.. I've never come across one of these before but it looks like a keypad you see in a James Bond film.. And the battery has run out.. So when you start the machine up your sometimes get greeted by a "low battery" alarm.. And when that is t happening when the machine is switched off it makes a dying beep like what your fire alarm does when it's running out of battery lol.. Can someone tell me what this is and how I get rid of it please.. That's it so far.. Like I say I can't get the lets play darts working in doors closed, and some lamps refuse to come on and the gay James Bond keypad lol.. And the bucks bunny is a non starter..

Any help guys would be really appreciated.. Still chuffed with my purchases lol :)

Edited by NickYerPesos, 25 March 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#2 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Very cheap deal.

Bucks bunny is PSU.

Lights on Lets play will be scorp5 board - Door switch could be wired up backwards.

Your James bond keypad was the new built in alarm fitted to all machines with added hasp and clasp as STD.

The bleep from this alm just shows the batts are low inside so just leave the power on to fix.

#3 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

barcrest - sometimes the wire matrix gets fraid wires but you cannot see them because its inside the wire, 9/10 its the lamp holder making a bad connection.

#4 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Thanks very much guys.. I'm gonna head out today and find me a new psu and some bulb holder.. I've always had trouble with bulb holders.. Is there a specific way to unmount/mount them to the wiring??
Cheers fellas

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

I've got a Scorp 5 board here if it turns out to be a faulty board, £25 inc p&p if that helps, can post today.

Edited by Bencrest, 26 March 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#6 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hey Ben thanks for the offer but it's all sorted now.
So I got myself a new scorp 5 board and that's sorted the lamp issue..

Got myself a new scorp 4 psu and motherboard for my bucks bunny and that's running excellent as well now.. So pretty chuffed with my purchases.

:D :D

Thanks for everyone's help and advice. :)

#7 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

nice result all round nick - shove a couple of pics up if you can :)

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#8 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hey guys.. I have had the bucks bunny on for a while now and I've come across a problem.. It has about 5 or 6 lights constantly lit even during startup initialising.. Seems very strange.. Could it be the prom board as I tried turning it on without it and no lights came on, but I'm not sure because the reset light was flashing.. So I'm not sure.

Such a shame as I thought it was going well.. I did notice a nice scratch down the back of the "reconditioned" scorp 4 board.. So I'm thinking it may be that..

Photos below :)

Attached Files

#9 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Oh, and the photos were round the right way lol.. But I guess the forum software flipped them for some reason haha

#10 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Transister on the scorp 4 has gone bud.

#11 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Yeh I'm gonna change it again today.. Both motherboards (scorp 4 and scorp 5) had bad leaky battery's on the board.. The scorp 5 one weren't too bad, but the scorp 4 board had acid all down it so when I changed the psu and it still didn't work I'm not surprised lol.
All changed now, except the scorp 4 board. (Well it was changed from the leaky battery one, but now this one has gone lol)
Whoever had this machine before was a bit of a donut.. They put the sound proms in backwards.. So when I first got the machine going It came up with wrong sound alert.. I thought, no biggy.. Had a little play.. When I came to turning it off, and looking at the prom it was red hot.. Couldn't believe it.. I'm lucky it didn't do more damage.

Edited by NickYerPesos, 27 March 2013 - 05:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users