• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hey guys.. so today i was a work in a well known supermarket. I was out the back in the high value lock up and came across some old laptops we used to sell in the discontinued section of the warehouse.

I scanned the laptop to find out how much it was and was shocked to see how much it cost.

I mean, ok its not top of the line, its not windows 8, its old stock.. 

heres a run down of the insides.

Its an Acer Aspire 

windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Intel Core i3 370m 2.40ghz

15"6 LED screen

6 GB DDR3 Ram

640 GB hard drive

DVD Wifi etc

6 cell Li-ion battery. 

Can you guess the price.

Winner receives a good ol pat on the back for being so damn clever ;)

Attached Files

#2 lovemyboys

lovemyboys

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

That's so weird!!

Been up most of night,fiddling with one of these for a friend,as hers has developed a fault.

Identical model to one in above pic too I reckon,(sorry,REALLY must get myself to damn opticians sometime soon)

Is this an Acer Aspire 5742 ?? 

I did take a quick look on eBay,with a view to getting one spares/repairs if anything my be needed for one I was tinkering with.

Best value,which I happened to see,(I think was about £70.00),which didn't seem that bad to be really.

Am I close ?? :) 

#3 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 257 posts

Donator

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hhmm if it's Asda it could be 2p!!!

When I worked there stock that was deleted from the system used to ring up at that price for some reason!!

One guy got a bargain on a load of Game Boy games that shouldn't have been out for sale!

#4 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I am going to guess, £89.99

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#5 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

£100

#6 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Well your pretty much on the money with £100.. It was £106. Brand new not opened.. Amazing value. On eBay they are £250 used.. :D

#7 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

can you get more than 1? profit to be made there :D

#8 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

Unfortunately.. Because they were discontinued and had been forgotten about, there was only two left and to allow anyone else the chance to grab one they only allowed me to grab one.. Bloody annoying lol.

#9 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I was going to guess £220.

#10 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Well your pretty much on the money with £100.. It was £106. Brand new not opened.. Amazing value. On eBay they are £250 used.. :D

£106 sounds like an Asda price to me :)

When I worked for Currys, anything ending in a 7 (so 97p, £97, £127 e.t.c.) was clearance, ending ending in 8p (so 98p, £98 or £128 e.t.c.) was EOL.

Used to get some utterly ridiculous prices on things when they cleared them out, we had a Toshiba laptop at £97 once, and it was a reasonable spec at the time - P4M with H/T and a Geforce Go dedicated graphics chip. As with you, they were typically things that were no longer current lines, and mysteriously 'turned up' in the stockroom :D

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#11 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Haha.. Yeh I know what your saying Ben about "mysteriously" ending up there lol.. I think I found my new favourite room in that place.. It wasn't asda though and I think my price was a little off.. It was £106 after staff discount. It was originally £117.94

I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled from now on.. Got a nice couple of smart phones from there an all for a tenner.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users