Fruit Machines that have been destroyed by lowering the JP to £5

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jordan!

Jordan!

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Do you know any good fruit machines that had a high Jackpot. Which was then destroyed by the company replacing the machine with a lower Jackpot, or features being destroyed by a £5 jackpot? 

For Example

In my local we have Deal Or No Deal Can You Beat The Banker. Set to only a fiver Jackpot. The features are meant to get gradually better as you move up the ladder. I know that features like Turbo cash, Dial up dosh and Open the box only give low amounts.. (Like £1.20) Where as I can hit £5 from Triple shot! Variable prize features like Rise and Fall and win picker. The numbers just stick to a pound instead of moving about. 

So let's see what other machines and features have been wrecked by the five pound jackpot!

#2 carlosgee

carlosgee

• Regulars
  • 1005 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

I would rather a 10p /£% playable with not so good wins that £1/£70 playable. The £1 win on a £5 machine is 20%, this would eqaute to a £14 win on a £70 machine , which does not happen often, plus at least you can go in with £30 yes prob lose most of it and have a good session that £30 giving you 30 spins without a board or 1 board nd £5 offered

http://www.wwe.com/w...enov08/8662404/ 8th pic on the first row...me perving with me cam on maria

#3 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

You'll find that a lot of Bell Fruit / Mazooma £5 / 10p machines have *at least* a £25 run in them, I've had £50+ out of some just from back to back IMs. You'll normally either put a few quid in and get the streak, or put way more in than you expect and get nothing.

However I'd still rather play one, and treat it as a £5 machine with a hidden £25 jackpot, compared to some of the £70 machines out there now which are more like £150>£250 club machine in disguise. 

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#4 xJMz

xJMz

Casual Gamer

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'd say the current machine I have "Yabba dabba Darts" Is pretty much ruined at £5 Jackpot because on several occasions only a few throws on the main dart board itself equal that amount. I haven't tried it on £25 yet but i'm pretty certain it would be better to play as I've been told. I don't have the decals for it though.

#5 Jordan!

Jordan!

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I remember having 10 IM's Beat the banker... Landlord was going mental... Only because it wasn't going into his pocket.

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

i played a 5p £5 crazy fruits down w s mare saturday a quid in £21 out now that wouldn,t of happened on a £25-70er or very, very rare

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#7 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

i played a 5p £5 crazy fruits down w s mare saturday a quid in £21 out now that wouldn,t of happened on a £25-70er or very, very rare

It can happen on anything, I've put £1 into a clubber and had £250, I've also put £1 into a pub machine and had £75 (back on £25 jackpot, mega streak which went for £75).

However, it's both nice to see - and a bit disconcerting to see a 'childrens' machine play like that. After all, lets not forget children of any age can play a £5 jackpot machine. Try explaining to a <10 year old that he doesn't have a chance of winning a fiver with his tenner of pocket money because the machine is 'saving up' for a £25 win, despite the maximum £5 win displayed on the glass.

Like I say though, I'd still rather play a £5 machine knowing it had a good streak potential, as you will pass more time with your stake money. You just have to hope you hit the large streak, and someone hasn't just taken it, otherwise it could be costly :D

Edited by Bencrest, 24 February 2013 - 08:55 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#8 tigerboytony11

tigerboytony11

• Regulars
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

The newer machines on the £70 Jackpots have had their Streaks dramatically reduced, and to be honest, this just goes to show how much the gaming industry has changed, and companies such as Bell Fruit, Mazooma, Red Gaming, and BWB are really trying to take as much money as they can from the gamers pocket. When the machines were on a £25 or £35 Jackpot, you could always guarantee that a Streak would pay at least a third of the Jackpot, Super Streak would pay half, and Mega Streak would pay full, plus there would be a chance they would roll too. Now they are on £70, the amounts the Streaks pay out are quite alarming, and to me, are not meeting with gaming laws and requirements as on a DOND East and West Wing I played a couple of months ago, I was lucky to get £6 on a Streak, when on a DOND Power 5 £35 Jackpot, the Streak always paid out at least £13.

I think one machine that has been destroyed by putting a £5 Jackpot on it is DOND Deal Wheel. I played on one of these in Dartford Services and that was on a £70 Jackpot, and it was hard enough to actually open up Deal Wheel on it, and when I did, I had a good number of spins on it, and walked away with about £45 from one game on the wheel. I played one in Blackpool on a £5 Jackpot, and it took absolutely ages to open up Deal Wheel (about 40 spins and 2 boards) and when I did, 3 spins and I'd won the Jackpot. Ok, I won £5 but 3 spins and it was all over, despite it taking so long to open it up. Then I f***ed up, as I then got GO ALL THE WAY on it, and totally forgot that if you hit play Deal Wheel, you basically throw away the Mega Streak, as on Deal Wheel, there isn't a guarantee that you will land on the wheel values that hold the boxes, so although its got the DOND theme, I seriously think this one is destroyed by putting a £5 Jackpot and gamecard in it.

I put a couple of quid in a DOND Walk of Wealth at South Mimms Services and got 9 IM's in a row, so agree with you Ben, it can happen anytime, any place. A punter could put about £40 in and win nothing, next punter comes along and puts £1 in and win the lot. You can never tell, it's just down to how much you want to play them, how much you think or feel you can afford to loose, and knowing when to stop. My best win was at Fleet services on the M3, DOND Crazy Chair, £3 in, GO ALL THE WAY, £140 out, straight back into the game, and another £35 on top of that. Was purely brilliant :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users