• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

Play Tester for anyone...

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

I know this has been talked about before but I must ask this question now.
If you buy from Ebay or other sites that accept payment from PayPal does the money immediately come out of your bank account to pay the bill?
I ask because I know my bank account is currently empty through reasons I will not go into at this time.
My PayPal balance always says I have £0.00
Yesterday I tried to buy something for myself through a site that accepted PayPal and it went through and it now says it has been dispatched.
So this morning I tried it again to buy something for mum and again paid using PayPal and it went through and now says payment successful and it says it has been dispatched again.

So now I am VERY confused as I know I have an empty bank account, my PayPal balance ALWAYS says £0.00 but I can buy things using PayPal and I have tonight bought a 24in Ultra Thin LED TV DVD FULL HD 1080p USB PVR Freeview 1 Year Warranty.

My order has been acknowledged and is set to be delivered on Monday 17th December.

Why can I buy things through PayPal easily knowing my bank account is empty and my PayPal balance shows zero?
My bank will NOT AT ALL let me go a penny overdrawn?

I am so confused I need some reassurance I am not going completely crazy.

Anyone?????

Edited by Ady, Image amended and details deleted.

Attached Files

#2 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Check your transaction list on your Paypal account.  It will tell you if the money has been taken from your bank account.  Also what do you mean when you say your bank will not let you go a penny overdrawn?  Most, if not all, banks will let you go overdrawn but they'll make you pay for it afterwards!

xeepi_logo_email.png

#3 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Mate i would remove your address detail from that picture... you know what some people are like...

Sam

#4 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Im with samson,

Blank out your address dont become a victim of ID theft.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Watch out - Paypal payments from a bank account have (in my case) sometimes come out as a direct debit - you can order even when there isn't enough money in your bank account, you then get charged a bounced direct debit fee, and Paypal will send you threatening letters asking for payment. Happened to me when I was younger and Paypal allowed a payment that made me go £1 overdrawn even though I wasn't 18 and had a 'childs' account. 

[quote=My bank will NOT AT ALL let me go a penny overdrawn?]

Same situation I had with my 'childrens saver' type account when I was with the Halifax all those years ago (now bank exclusively with The Co-operative Bank). Anyway, even though your bank claims you CAN'T go overdrawn - that doesn't mean you won't get stung with a bill like I did. Can you imagine a child, with a child's savings account getting stung with ridiculous bank charges? Living proof right here :D

Edited by Bencrest, 16 December 2012 - 12:28 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#6 pilky

pilky

Banned

• Banned
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

too late i seen ya details .. but theres nothing in there .loll   on a serious note it normally takes a day or 2 for transactions to go through the system and if ya overdrawn most banks will cover the costs but as mentioned yu will pay for doing so.. the  card is checked to make sure the pin number is ok ...not how much yu have in ur account

loves fruit machines ..any shape any size any colour

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Im with samson,

Blank out your address dont become a victim of ID theft.

Mate i would remove your address detail from that picture... you know what some people are like...

Sam

Hadn't noticed that. Now done for TS.

#8 frankie77

frankie77

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

i use paypal all the time and it does take about 48hr for the money to go out, if you don't have the money than paypal will not allow the payment to go through, but it comes direct from your card, so your account will still show zero

#9 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Thanks Ady for blanking out my details, my brain wasn't functioning properly last night.

Time will tell, no emails yet to say failed payments etc but if anything arrives then they say they can't get payment then surely I can keep the item and fight saying they should not have sent it until they had payment?

Sorry if i'm sounding thick, my head hurts today and it is not through drink as a few of you will know.

#10 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks Ady for blanking out my details, my brain wasn't functioning properly last night.

Time will tell, no emails yet to say failed payments etc but if anything arrives then they say they can't get payment then surely I can keep the item and fight saying they should not have sent it until they had payment?

Sorry if i'm sounding thick, my head hurts today and it is not through drink as a few of you will know.

Try not too worry about it too much mate... you have a valid reason for your concerns and if anything comes of it, then an explanation of your condition will, in all probability, help resolve the matter. :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#11 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I doubt it, It's probably in their terms and conditions that payment will be made. I have Paypal & Barclays bank account online and it can take a few days for the transaction to show probably up to 5 working days when receiving money (refunds) but usually the money does go from your bank account immediately even if it doesn't go into the recipients accounts I think its just taken.

Also I think they reserve the right to take the money with-in a ridiculously long time frame. My account has no reserve or overdraft but just last week I sent a large sum of money when I had more then enough in my account and it showed in my transaction as being £700 in debt but don't think I was billed for it

I think a while ago I read an article that some chocolate or hotel chain had errored and not billed 1000's of people yet caught up with them a year later to finally take the payment which was allowed and legal. Also eBuyer if that's who we're talking about here are not nice people and as a result I was forced to take my warranty claim direct with the manufacturer which I came out better with (Logitech)

Here's a Google search if it helps, I think it would put you in unauthorized debt..  

Edited by Brownbag, 16 December 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#12 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

sometime takes 3 - 5 days to leave my bank when i buy something using bank funding with paypal.

#13 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I have had the email now from Ebuyer saying my item has been dispatched.

this is the message:

Dear Neil Eaketts,

Your order xxxxxxxxx has been despatched for delivery and should be with you shortly. Your goods, dependant on courier, should be delivered between Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. Please note: if you selected a specific delivery timescale, please refer to your original order invoice.

As we ship items from numerous warehouse locations, there is a possibility your order will be despatched as several packages. But rest assured, all items will be received shortly.

To view or track your order please log on to www.ebuyer.com and access Your Account page. You can also view/print an invoice from your account page. All delivery terms and conditions can be found on www.ebuyer.com.

Please do not reply to this email. If you require any help, please contact a member of our Customer Support Team on 0871 521 3300 or via our online Enote system.

Thank you for shopping with Ebuyer.

Kind regards,

Ebuyer Customer Support
www.ebuyer.com

Now that is telling me they have had payment otherwise WHY would they send me a HD TV for almost £150 without payment.

Bear in mind the original email above said payment HAD been taken.

I am getting so very confused now my head is spinning.

#14 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

this is the message:

Now that is telling me they have had payment otherwise WHY would they send me a HD TV for almost £150 without payment.

In all honesty thunderstorm, I wouldn't open the packaging when you receive it until you have clarification from either PayPal or your bank account.

If you haven't opened the item, and touched the contents, then you can return the package, claim a refund from the company, which will be credited back to your origin of payment (in this case PayPal) and that way the issue can be resolved... the only charges then may be from your bank for making any excess payment go overcharged.

I am also saying this as a friend too mate... because of your condition, and state of health at the moment, I would let someone handle any online purchasing etc as a temporary measure, until you feel more clear in your mind as to what is happening. I know it can easily happen, what has happened to you - and to be honest mate, these events will, in time occur more regularly - it is best to get some kind of system in place to make sure you are still able to understand what needs to be happening. It is an hard step to take, but such a relief when you have taken it - I have still got control over my finances too now... it is just if I get a little 'muddled', which DOES happen, I can make sure that someone who I know, love and trust will be there to guide me through.

There is no shame in that thunderstorm... there is no shame, like you have done here either, asking any of us for help where we can give it mate. :)

Take care x

All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#15 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

this is the message:

Whats happened isn't difficult to understand.

PayPal have lent you the money to pay for the telly, whilst they take the money from your bank.

The people you bought the telly from have got their money and are happy.

When PayPal realise you don't have the money in your account to pay them what they lent you, they will chase you for it.

And don't even think about using the "But I don't think they should send something that hasn't been paid" excuse to get a free telly, thats not fair on PayPal who have paid their own money to help you.

<div><strong>Forum aimed specifically at Barcrest Triple 777 fruit machine</strong> - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a href='http://www.supremeso.../t7/index.php''class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.supremeso...a></div></a><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div>

#16 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Whats happened isn't difficult to understand.

What's happened here is difficult to understand for thunderstorm because of the condition he has got... which to people who aren't suffering it - is difficult to understand...

...if you understand what I mean! ;)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#17 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Im not being nasty or anything but, by his own admission he knew he didnt have anything in the bank and his paypal credit was 0.00 so isnt it obvious that the paypal balance would go to negative once it was processed? And basicly he will owe the money?

Its not really rocket science, if you know you have no funds to buy it why do it then complain that you owe it?

Or am i totally missing something here?

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users