• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

For those of you that use newsgroups for downloading your 'content' it appears that NZBMatrix has closed down:

'The End... 

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX has closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited. 

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.
Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots.  Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.
There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out...'

xeepi_logo_email.png

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Yes I have heard this news elsewhere mate... I don't use them myself, and never have. I never understood them, even back in the days when I could grasp things properly!

I suppose, looking at this from a distance, something has to be done with the amount of piracy that is happening all over the world. I think 90% of us are all a little 'to blame' of using something fom the Internet that, should I say 'didn't belong to us' (the other 10% are definite liars ;))

It is inevitable, that as the policing of the Internet gains more strength from international bodies, and the technology that they can use, that within the next five to ten years, there will be nowhere for anyone to be able to download Newsbiz, torrents, premium pay sites, because their sites will either be too frightened to host material, or they will have been closed down.

Time will tell! :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#3 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

The problem for me is that Piracy has gone from being something that only 'people in the know' did, to something EVERYONE does. I know some complete idiots who can barely turn a PC on (no joke!!) yet they download the entire internet from TPB 24 hours a day. In some ways this is a good thing (people less likely to be 'buying' pirate material as it is so easy to obtain yourself), but it's still kinda sad. 

Haven't used Newsgroups for years, my last experience was EasyNews, no idea if they are still on the go. 

Edited by Bencrest, 09 December 2012 - 12:22 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#4 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

The problem for me is that Piracy has gone from being something that only 'people in the know' did, to something EVERYONE does. I know some complete idiots who can barely turn a PC on (no joke!!) yet they download the entire internet from TPB 24 hours a day. In some ways this is a good thing (people less likely to be 'buying' pirate material as it is so easy to obtain yourself), but it's still kinda sad. 

Haven't used Newsgroups for years, my last experience was EasyNews, no idea if they are still on the go. 

Yep, I was speaking to my sister in law the other day about downloading movies.  She told me that her flat mate uses my sister in-laws broadband to download torrents for movies.  Neither of them had any idea of how torrents works, only that they can get the latest movies, albeit really bad cam copies.  When I told her that she was liable, as the broadband owner, and that using torrents was just the easiest way of being prosecuted she was horrified.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Yep, I was speaking to my sister in law the other day about downloading movies.  She told me that her flat mate uses my sister in-laws broadband to download torrents for movies.  Neither of them had any idea of how torrents works, only that they can get the latest movies, albeit really bad cam copies.  When I told her that she was liable, as the broadband owner, and that using torrents was just the easiest way of being prosecuted she was horrified.

That happened to me a couple of years back......so yes Al,  'normal' people do get 'done'

And I only did a few gig a month.....5-6 top's i'd say.

#6 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

I was a regular member, the site got too big for its boots.

Use to be the first rule of usenet - tell no one.

Once everyone knew boom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users