Viva Rock Vegas Help Needed !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WAYNIZ

WAYNIZ

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

IVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A VIVA ROCK VEGAS FRUIT MACHINE FROM A PRIVATE BUYER AND ITS BEEN WORKIN FOR NEARLY 2 WEEKS NO PROBLEM WHATSO EVER, I TURNED IT ON THIS MORNIN AND ON THE DISPLAY IS HAS A ERROR CODE DISPLAYIN " ERROR 25 00".... I CHECKED THE BOOKLET I RECEIVED WITH IT AND IT SAYS REEL 5 OPTO CHECK ERROR, I DIDNT HAVE THE FOGGIEST IDEA FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS WHAT THIS MEANT BECAUSE I COULDNT FIND REEL 5 LOL ITS THE 1-12 FOR GOIN HIGHER N LOWER ( I THINK) NOW WHAT DO I DO ? I SWITCHED THE PLUG FOR REEL 5 ON THE MOTHERBOARD TO REEL 3 PLUG THEN THE ERROR CODE CHANGED TO WHICH I CHECKED SAYS REEL 3 OPTO CHECK ERROR. IS THERE ANYONE WHO COULD HELP ME PLEASE ITS GETTIN VERY FRUSTRATIN AS IVE JUST PAID £150 FOR IT LESS THAN A FORTNIGHT AGO AND NO DOUBT WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE TO GET THIS FIXED

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I am sure you will get the help you need, and welcome to Fruit Emu.

However wayniz, please avoid the capitals text... you will get flamed if you don't - I don't want you getting your head bit off before youve started bud ;) lol
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#3 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

IVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A VIVA ROCK VEGAS FRUIT MACHINE FROM A PRIVATE BUYER AND ITS BEEN WORKIN FOR NEARLY 2 WEEKS NO PROBLEM WHATSO EVER, I TURNED IT ON THIS MORNIN AND ON THE DISPLAY IS HAS A ERROR CODE DISPLAYIN " ERROR 25 00".... I CHECKED THE BOOKLET I RECEIVED WITH IT AND IT SAYS REEL 5 OPTO CHECK ERROR, I DIDNT HAVE THE FOGGIEST IDEA FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS WHAT THIS MEANT BECAUSE I COULDNT FIND REEL 5 LOL ITS THE 1-12 FOR GOIN HIGHER N LOWER ( I THINK) NOW WHAT DO I DO ? I SWITCHED THE PLUG FOR REEL 5 ON THE MOTHERBOARD TO REEL 3 PLUG THEN THE ERROR CODE CHANGED TO WHICH I CHECKED SAYS REEL 3 OPTO CHECK ERROR. IS THERE ANYONE WHO COULD HELP ME PLEASE ITS GETTIN VERY FRUSTRATIN AS IVE JUST PAID £150 FOR IT LESS THAN A FORTNIGHT AGO AND NO DOUBT WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE TO GET THIS FIXED

Have you considered going back to the seller and asking for help? Two weeks isn't very long for a machine to last, certainly when you paid £150 (which is quite a lot for a JPM IMPACT machine of that age).

I'm assuming because it's got an OPTO error on reel 5 that it's the club version? (4 bottom reels, 1 upper hi-lo reel, and £75 or higher jackpot?).

Edited by Bencrest, 29 September 2012 - 01:10 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#4 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Youv'e proved the fault is with reel 5, by swapping the the connections. The machine is giving an Opto error code, therefore it would seem to pinpoint the trouble to the optical switch on reel 5.
Try the obvious like loose wires or (more likely) the opto lens needs a good clean. If that doesn't work I agree with Bencrest and get in touch with the Geezer you bought it off.
Good Luck M8.

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Youv'e proved the fault is with reel 5, by swapping the the connections. The machine is giving an Opto error code, therefore it would seem to pinpoint the trouble to the optical switch on reel 5.
Try the obvious like loose wires or (more likely) the opto lens needs a good clean. If that doesn't work I agree with Bencrest and get in touch with the Geezer you bought it off.
Good Luck M8.

Yeah, it does refer to the optical sensor. It could be that the sensor itself has failed, or the reel motor could be failing, or that the small plastic 'tab' on the reel has fallen off (pretty rare but can happen!).

Does the reel spin smoothly and stop smoothly, or does it 'bounce' a lot when it stops? How is it in comparison to the other reels?

Having just re-read and seen you've bought it from a private seller, I guess you can ask for advice / assistance but don't be surprised if they are unwilling / unable to help. In the future, consider buying from an actual operator / supplier (plenty of them on eBay) - you can get them delivered to your door with a proper courier like Speedlink and you'll get some form of technical backup when things like this happen.

Edited by Bencrest, 29 September 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users