• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

It doesn't seem 11 years ago today that it all happened, does it?

I can remember BBC News 24 panning over to New York a few minutes after the first aeroplane hit, and as the commentators were talking, I was watching and thought I saw another aeroplane coming in… Then the big ball of flames coming out of the second tower, and realised then that it was a terrorist attack - I don't think those memories of that day will ever leave me… and to be honest, I don't want them too - it is something we should never forget.

Have you any memories of the day? Were you watching live as the attacks happened through the afternoon? Were you doing something else?

Or, like some, you don't really give a toss about it anyway? Each have their own opinions. I haven’t done the thread for opinions or conspiracies really, just for your memories of that day… So let’s try not to go off topic too much! :p lol
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#2 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

Yes , i remember coming back after picking my son up from school and it was on just about every channel by then , about 3.10pm ?

Said to the wife ...'whats happened here ?' wtf is going on .. (typical 'im not interested in the news' type response) was , 'oh i dunno , some plane has crashed into one of the big buildings in New York or summat. :/

Just at that the second plane hit and i knew there was some bad shit going down , sat glued to the news for the rest of the night...

Its always one of those..i know what i was doing when....everyone remembers the exact thing that they were doing..

Yes very tragic and RIP to all those innocents that lost loved ones , hard to believe it was 11 years ago indeed.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

i remember being at work listening to radio when it happened 1st plane struck america then another, then another hitting pentagon thinking holy shit how many more,s comin down, as it sent cold shivers down my back still does as i type this out. but the ones i feel sorry for are the relatives who have lost loved ones and the firefighters etc who were actually there on that day, their nightmares will never ever go away. rip to the ones who died and take care to the ones who survived/rescued others
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#4 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

My mate and myself were coming back from a job in Ipswich and he rung me to say a plane had hit one of the World Trade Centre Towers in New York. We both stopped at the next layby and could'nt believe what had just happened.
I visited New York last year and paid my respects to those who died at the 9/11 site. Walking round the site and visiting St.Paul's Chapel was totally an overwhelming and emotional experience.
11-09-01 the day the unthinkable happened, may we never forget.
Here are some photos i took of the visit

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 11 September 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#5 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

I just about remeber it, I would of only been 7 but I remeber it being on the TV and we watched for about an hour, still its been 11 years and it was horrific, we've still got the Sun newspaper with about 25 pages and the front just had a picture of the first tower being crashed into and 'Apocolypse' as the heading.

Already theres loads of conspiracies (typical yanks) about what happend and there was a differnt plane flew into the second tower, the devils face in the clouds and all that bollocks.... but know one talks about the Hiroshima bomb every 6th of august? Were nearly 80,000 people were abliterated instantly? Don't see that on the news? No one talks about that so whats the diffence? Just milking it as usual in my opinion. I could go on about all the other millions of people that have died of hunger etc.

I do care and it was a devistating attack, but theres more sickness and death going on everyday, so why do we make such a big deal?

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#6 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

9th of November, means nothing to me.

Was it when Wizzy quit again?

#7 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

I do care and it was a devistating attack, but theres more sickness and death going on everyday, so why do we make such a big deal?

I see your point Cardie , i spose it was just one of those 'once in a lifetime' events that changed the course of the world forever , thats why there was so much coverage of it.

I mean i remember in probably 1997-98 ? asking the stewardess on the plane if my lad could go up and see the pilot , sure she said , gimme 5 mins and ill take him up..just wouldnt happen now.

Although it was a terrible loss of life and absolutley shocking , i must admit it was a brilliant plan. (in a bad way obv) but you know what i mean.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#8 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

I was installing a computer system in the only hospital on the Shetland Islands. I remember my wife phoning me and telling me that someone has flown a jet into the twin towers. I remember thinking to myself "Why would someone fly a jet into Wembley stadium!", not thinking of the correct twin towers! I can't remember to this day how long it took me to get home as they grounded all the flights for a few days.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#9 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Cardie said,
"know one talks about the Hiroshima bomb every 6th of august? Were nearly 80,000 people were abliterated instantly? Don't see that on the news? "

Not forgeting 3 days later 'Fat boy' was dropped on Nagasaki killing 70,000 people.
This was the closing stages of WW2 and a last desperate attempt to prevent the Japanese from causing more bloodshed.
9/11 was peacetime and what happened on that day was an act of Terrorism.
Not trying to justify anything as many innocent people have been killed because of these actions.

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 11 September 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#10 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

I just about remeber it, I would of only been 7 but I remeber it being on the TV and we watched for about an hour, still its been 11 years and it was horrific, we've still got the Sun newspaper with about 25 pages and the front just had a picture of the first tower being crashed into and 'Apocolypse' as the heading.

Already theres loads of conspiracies (typical yanks) about what happend and there was a differnt plane flew into the second tower, the devils face in the clouds and all that bollocks.... but know one talks about the Hiroshima bomb every 6th of august? Were nearly 80,000 people were abliterated instantly? Don't see that on the news? No one talks about that so whats the diffence? Just milking it as usual in my opinion. I could go on about all the other millions of people that have died of hunger etc.

I agree. My memory is that a group of disaffected people flew some planes into the WTC and the Pentagon. A fourth plane crashed elsewhere. A lot of innocent people lost their lives, as happens on a daily basis in our world.

We had the 10 year anniversary last year, and the victims were well remembered. My personal feeling is that bringing it up every 365 days gives the terrorists what they wanted and that is to cause ongoing distress.

#11 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

I was at work and my friend Anne had managed to log into the BBC website before the internet went into meltdown. None of us others could get on, so she was providing a running commentary of events. When she said the 1st tower had collapsed I said it can't have, it's over 1/4 mile high. I had visions of this 1200ft tower toppling sideways, whereas of course it just collapsed in on itself. I watched all the coverage and many hundreds of hours of youtube and TV footage since.

Surprising, it is perhaps one of the very few days, if not the only day in my life I can remember exactly where I was on a specific day. I wasn't born when JFK was shot, too young when we last won the world cup and still too young when man first walked on the moon to remember those. 9/11 I do remember, vividly.

bj

#12 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

i see cardies point. but its still a fresh tragedy like WWII its still in peoples memories, but over time these to will be less remembered or forgotten about like all the other wars/tragedies that the world has seen in its lifetime they may even become tales of bravery and folklore. the human race thrives on money, religion,power, jealousy not much room for peace and love and harmony will it ever change not in our lifetime or never in a 1000 lifetimes unfortunatly thats what makes the human race sad really
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#13 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

given the meaning behind the thread, and the thousands of people who gave/lost their lives - do you really think that post is reasonable?

#14 bri365

bri365

Master Joker

• Regulars
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

given the meaning behind the thread, and the thousands of people who gave/lost their lives - do you really think that post is reasonable?

I agree with you there nails, if you have nothing to say then say nothing.
Anyone see the 9/11 Jeremy Kyle Show (Don't normally watch Jezza). That bit where the mum and dad were sat there and their son was on one of the planes that crashed into World Trade Centre, he phoned his mum and dad to say they had been hijacked and he didn't think he would see them again. His mother said that she heard his first words as a kid and his last words as an adult. Very sad.
Also try watching the John Edwards 9/11 special without getting a tear in your eye. For those that don't know, John Edwards is a very famous spiritualist.

Come here to post jokes, oh and to play the occasional frutie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users