Photo
- - - - -

Looking To Buy A Couple Of Fruit Machines...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm currently looking to buy a few fruit machines to fill up a empty shed of mine but i've noticed its just the same machines on ebay every week. So where else is recommended to buy one from?

( I can pick up most ways)

Thanks in advance

#2 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

If you can get up to East Midlands Airport (I'm almost next door to it), Got 4 fully working machines (ACE Cash Raider, BWB Championship Soccer, BFM Start Prize, BFM Frankie Detori), plus a maygay Fight Night (Rear Opener), that just needs a mainboard (Which I should be able to source) up for sale :)

Edited by stanmarsh14, 11 September 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#3 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

More along the lines looking for a £25 > £35 > £70 jackpots or maybe a Low-Tech like open the box or a celebration..

#4 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Stan likes a Rear Opener :err:
Posted Image

#5 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

More along the lines looking for a £25 > £35 > £70 jackpots or maybe a Low-Tech like open the box or a celebration..

Ahhhhh, these are older machines on £10 / £15 JP, (Except the fight night) but tend to give better overall gameplay.

Some vids here of the actual machines running.

http://youtu.be/P7m-YJijsaU

http://youtu.be/Ylu4BxmCfNg

Edited by stanmarsh14, 11 September 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#6 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Rest of the machines are on my YT page (Just match the machine names I listed to the vids).....

http://www.youtube.c...nmarsh14/videos

Edited by stanmarsh14, 11 September 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#7 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

I have a JPM Indiana Jones and Barcrest Smash Martians for sale.(Norwich)

#8 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

how much is the indiana please?

#9 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

My mate has a "temptation" machine by astra for sale, hes in TW11 postcode

Can get a pic if you want although its a low tech clubber 250/500 JP duel stake.

Fully working, apart from the note accepter needs re programming for new £20.
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#10 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Just brought a broken Cash Is King by Maygay got it for free but delivery cost me £30, I'll have a little play around and see what happens... Far as i know its reel errors, Will come back to you.

#11 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

how much is the indiana please?

It is in exceptional condition, all decals are mint. I paid a lot for it as they do not come up very often. So it wont be a bargain, but feel free to make a sensible offer.

#12 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Just brought a broken Cash Is King by Maygay got it for free but delivery cost me £30, I'll have a little play around and see what happens... Far as i know its reel errors, Will come back to you.

First off, are you dealing with M1A / b, Epoch, or Onestop hardware? If unsure, post a pic of your machine (Idealy of the inside where the main MPU board is).

Second, inspect the reel opto's (Things that look like a little red LED), and the small black mark on the back of the reel bands (Known as a flag, all opto based machines have this) are all there and working, and also try swapping the plugs between reels, to see if the fault moves, or stays in the same place (If it moves, fault will be at the MPU end, if it stays the same, fault will be at the reel end)..... make sure you make full note of every error message on the alpha display you get, as it will give you a good clue as to where the fault is for reels.

At the MPU end, check the Molex connector plug that connects to the mainboard as Maygay's are well known for over heating the pins on the board and covering them with crap (Sandpaper the pins to remove the crap).

Also because of particularly bad problems on magay's with this in general, check the state of the memory battery on the board, and remove ASAP if it shows any sign of leaking.

Maybe also worth while to go over to MPU Mecca for help with this too (So happens I am dealing with a Maygay M1 series based Donkey Kong with a general meter fault) http://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/

Edited by stanmarsh14, 13 September 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#13 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Just buying as projects have a bit of fun then hopefully sell on.

Also a cheap broken clubber called driving school for £30 near me like 5 minutes down the road tempted to get it and see what the damage is..

-
Thanks for help Stan.

#14 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Just buying as projects have a bit of fun then hopefully sell on.

Also a cheap broken clubber called driving school for £30 near me like 5 minutes down the road tempted to get it and see what the damage is..

-
Thanks for help Stan.

Driving school, I think that is either a late MPU3, or early MPU4 MOD2 based machine (Barcrest?), and it's been mentioned before at the Mecca.

Supposed to be a nice machine too.

#15 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Just went to pick up cash is king as I've got the van to pick it up and bloke has sold it to someone else before i got there, He knew i was picking it up and everything.

Suppose i just saved my self £30 lol

Still looking to buy some though....

#16 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Driving School is a Global machine if memory serves me right possibly early Scorpion.

Edited by fruitsnappa, 13 September 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#17 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Just went to pick up cash is king as I've got the van to pick it up and bloke has sold it to someone else before i got there, He knew i was picking it up and everything.

Suppose i just saved my self £30 lol

Still looking to buy some though....

f*****g scumbag :(

I had similar a while back with an mpu4 machine just outside of Mansfield, and was not a happy bunny when I found out :(

#18 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Just got the driving school, it didn't start up as i brought it power failure, Replaced the lead and it powered up then the powerbox got a hot really quick and then it tripped off again, So am i right in thinking i need a new power pack for it?

#19 JackpotUK

JackpotUK

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Can get a pic if you want although its a low tech clubber 250/500 JP duel stake.

Wow, I remember that Astra Temptation machine! A 3 + 2 reel thing?   I did well on those at the Gala Bingo clubs. I bet these have gone the way of the Rio Grandes in that they've been replaced with those awful video slots machines with no holds, no nudges and no features. Awful.

#20 JackpotUK

JackpotUK

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Attached File  Astra Temptation.jpg   70.32KB   30 downloads

Here's a picture - anyone fancy emulating it??!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users