• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Coopz

Coopz

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:50 PM

Hello

I bought a Barcrest Fruit machine a few months ago and am selling it to a friend but dont know how to empty the hoppers which are full

I have been told i can do it without the refill key (which i dont have) but i have no idea how to do it and i dont understand the manual.

also can the volume be turned down without the refill key?

Thanks

#2 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:37 AM

what machine barcrest mpu 4 or mpu 5 both can be empty opening the top door put the machine into test if useing the mpu 4 system hit the test button on the back of the cabnet labeled test then select the coin test displayed on the alpha normaly the second one from the start button to enter that test then the first hold or cancel to empty the hopper the same with mpu5 the test will be on the mpu5 game card later models will have a second test button which you must press at the same time as the one on the mpu`s game card the rest is the same to enter the coin test

as for the volume cheap trick with out a key remove the spades from the refill key use a paper clip join the two spades to gether whiles doing that hold the 2 hold button select the level replace the spades thats it u may need some1 to help you

#3 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:48 AM

do you not have the keys for the front and back door, its pretty obvious that you just hit the test button inside, and maybe the processor button/switch.
Then go to Coin OUT, then hold down cancel.
So very easy but only wiv the keys.
Also to change the volume, you just have to go into test mode and look thru the menus to find VOLUME. then just hits whichever lights are flashing and then you can change it.
Or just fork out £3 to buy a refill key. That'll sort it. :p

#4 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:59 AM

get yourself a bucket full of 5p`s and play away untill the tubes are empty

simple (also known as a geeks emptier)

#5 Coopz

Coopz

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the info guys

Its a MPU5 machine.

And all that happens when i press test inside the Machine is that it puts the machine on free play with £12.50 to play with. And by Alpha do you mean the Alpha display on the front on the machine when its closed?

I have never thought of using silver to empty it :), i also heard there is a switch you flick inside to release the coins?

Heres some pics that may be of use

Attached Files

#6 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:22 PM

With the front [top] door open, you need to press test ONCE to get the 'demonstration' mode, and then ONCE MORE to get into test mode - a couple of seconds after you first pressed it.

What you will want to do in test mode is :

Hopefully it will say 'Coin Test' on the alpha, or something similar [I am at college at the moment but it'll be something like that].

Then, you press one of the flashing buttons other than Start....I think on Spiker it was Cancel....it'll then say something like 'Press Start to dump 100p' across the display, and you press start.

It'll chuck out £125 of coins. If there is £125 in the hopper, it'll then say 'Press start to dump Excess' - there shouldn't be any if floated correctly though, but press it and listen to the hopper whirr for a sec :)

Once there are no coins left, dump it again, and then the machine resets the float level in its RAM to £0, and if the machine has a Cash Low light, it'll come on [unless the bulb has blown!]

Then just close the doors and you are finished :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#7 Coopz

Coopz

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:21 PM

I still cant get into test mode

i press it like u say with the top door only open and it just stays in demo mode

#8 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:27 PM

You need to press it once, to get into Demo mode, and then press it again after a couple of seconds, at which point almost all of the lights will go out. Give it a couple of seconds after you get into demo mode - do you have the bottom door open? I don't think it makes a difference but keep it closed :)

If it still refuses to work, maybe it could have been blocked? Perhaps you could block it using the DIL switches?
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#9 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:45 PM

If the above doesn't work, then perhaps you have 2 test buttons, although I guessed they only used 2 in the 'new' genesis cabinets?

The second test button and the first will need to be pushed simultaneously, and the location of the second one does often vary between machines for security reasons :)

Have a look behind the reels, on the shelf they sit on. I have no idea what the extra test button in your Revolution will look like [if it even has a second button], but it's normally 'around' that shelf, possibly mounted on the inside of the back panel of the cabinet. If you can't find it, take decent 'aerial view' photo looking down on the reels, clearly showing the back of them, and the MPU5.

Hell, maybe theres an extension and its actually housed behind the cashdoor, although the engineer would need pretty long arms for that :D
Ben

#10 Coopz

Coopz

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:47 PM

No it still dosnt work i have tried the bottom door open and closed and it refuses to come out of demo mode

I have no idea if its blocked but bank 2 switches all seem to be in the Off position

maybe i should try this paper clip refill key trick as mentioned above

#11 Coopz

Coopz

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:52 PM

there is another switch in there

its just below the reels and just above the bottom door mounted on the side

ill give it a go

#12 Coopz

Coopz

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:53 PM

ah ha good stuuf its worked

i am in test mode

now to clear it out and try and adjust the volume :)

thanks guys

#13 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:55 PM

Not a bad idea, but shorting anything is your fault and I won't be held responisble if the machine takes off and ends up in your next door neighbours garden!

Basically, the refill key 'lock' is a switch, and contact is made between the 2 wires connected to it when the key is turned. If you take the 2 wires from the refill key lock, they have metal 'spades', normally coated in plastic at the ends of them. All you should have to do is, with the machine off I'd guess, bend a paperclip into a shape that will fit inside both of the spades and make good contact. Then, when you turn the machine on, yuo should get the normal 'Refill' display. You could do it with the machine on, but as said above, you do so at your own risk :D

All you need to do then is open the cash door, and while still in the refill mode, press the 'Dump Hopper' switch. Should be easy to find, typically has a yellow or white sticker pointing at it :)

Failing all of the above, I'll tell you how to take the hopper out of the machine, and bang it upside down on your table - it's only a little bucket with a motor powered 'bowl' at the bottom anyway :)
Ben

#14 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:56 PM

Okies, disregard the above post, although it may come in handy if needed!

I'm just surprised that it has a second test switch, it is from about 2000 after all isn't it?
Ben

#15 Coopz

Coopz

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:57 PM

Yep that worked i will empty it now as for the volume i guess i will have to get a key or try the paper clip method

#16 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:06 PM

Hmmm...I think this method is only for Red Gaming machines, but what the heck - you may be able to change volume in Test Mode, if you can get to Test 8.2 and it's called Volume [or any test number called volume, that number is taken from Red Gaming test mode!].

I don't think that you can change it from there on yours, but I also didn't think it would have 2 test buttons, so what do I know :)

Anyway, if you do find a test called Volume, and you get into it ok, it should be a case of using the 1st and 2nd hold buttons to change volume.

Failing that, you could put a variable resistor before the speaker? Or get the paperclip or a refill key :)
Ben

#17 Coopz

Coopz

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:40 PM

No i only have 1 -10

I used a paperclip and all i come up with is how much moeny and stuff the machine has taken

I have another question have do i set the payout % to 70%?

in the manual it says how to do it but once again i dont understand it

at the moment the switches are

1 = Right
2 = Left
3 = Left
4 = Left

Attached Files

#18 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 05:24 PM

AFAIK [you'll have to try this as I'm not 100% sure!]

70% = all switches to one side
98% = all switches to the other side

You can change the %ages on the variable key [the red block with the 4 white switches] with the machine on, the new %age will be shown on the alphanumeric display [the one that shows credit, bank, e.t.c].

TO CHANGE VOLUME -

You need to have one of the hold buttons held down while you 'connect the paperclip' lol, to simulate inserting the refill key with the button held down. From memory it is the 1st hold button but am not 100% sure, you will have to try all 3!

Eventually you'll get a display like [VOLUME 1>20 = 10] on the display, once thats up, change the volume level using the 2 flashing hold buttons....sorry I can;t be more accurate but this is from memory as dad is down south and the bandit keys are in his car :o
Ben

#19 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

hold button 2 thanks bencrest

#20 Coopz

Coopz

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:12 PM

OK guys i have turned down the Volume and stuff but have a few more questions for ya.

I have dumped the coins using the refill key method (paperclip :) ) in the manual and its Dumped £45

now i have gone to the "refilling the hopper with less than £125" in the manual part and filled it back up with £45

and i was just wondering how will this affect the machine being as it hasnt got £125 in it?

and finally where can i get a proper refill key from? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users