The Dadsfme Poll

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Bit of a disappointing turnout so far, bit like a general election lol

It a simple question and open to all DADsFME members who deserve to have some input on the future of the site - Should DADsFME stay open?

It would be great if you could take the time to pop over and have your say:

http://www.dadsfme.c...hp?topic=3515.0

Thank you

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

You've had my vote mate... and as I said on the thread at your site, I will continue to support you in whatever you decide.

We are at one of the famous FME lulls again - no news, no motivation because of it, and the infamous lack of resources which is yet again holding everything back... and personally I think this is how FME will always be from now on - the glory years have long gone, it is the past, sad to say. :(

I really do hope that there is a future for you all in FME in years to come, but how things are running at present, I really don't hold out much success for it at all.

That famous old saying: 'You never realise what you've got... until it is gone' seems very apt in FME for its future. :(
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#3 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

andy you have my vote mate - ive just seen your "my second hobby" thread - outstanding :D :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#4 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

You have my vote as well mate. Will of course respect your final decision on the matter.

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

I too have voted though not posted in the thread (I hope Admins can see the voters).

DADsfme can't go....saying that I haven't helped to keep it's upkeep on running cost's......sorry DAD.

These site's don't pay for themselves, yes i'm guilty of using the great site numerious times and commenting on whether it should stay live...but then not supporting it as I should do.......

DADs as I voted please don't die.......

#6 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

(I hope Admins can see the voters).

Nope!

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

i have also voted in favor of keeping it open, i see you have over 750 members but only 33 at last count votes less than 5% which is a very disappointing turn out maybe if the other 700+ members joined in a bit more then you probably wouldn't be considering shutting it down but at the end of the day its your choice as the saying goes 'use it or lose it ' that could be said about this site to 13,000+ members but how many actually get involved in the general discussions
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#8 mickjones

mickjones

• Regulars
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

.....as a newbie, i have to say 'keep dadsfme' open, i have seen 'new releases' been released on dads b4 f-emu, and i dont want to get involved in an argument but why dont dadsfme and fruit-emu MERGE!!!, it would save 2 sites trying to scrape money from wherever they can, and basically have the same 'new releases',.......made into 1 MAIN fme site. ffs, how many other fme sites out there have totally different stuff 2 what these 2 sites have?

#9 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

I voted to keep the site open,will cough up some coinage in the next couple of weeks for the hosting costs.Gave the mecca my spare change for this month,so will chuck into the pot on the next wage :)

#10 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

got to wake this thread up because its NOT getting the response it deserves, DADSFME is a little gem of a site,and i urge you all (especially the new members here) to pop over there and have a look.
andy thanks for making and sharing such a valuable little website mate ;) :D

http://www.dadsfme.c...13eekhgac13qq1

#11 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

got to wake this thread up because its NOT getting the response it deserves, DADSFME is a little gem of a site,and i urge you all (especially the new members here) to pop over there and have a look.
andy thanks for making and sharing such a valuable little website mate ;) :D

http://www.dadsfme.c...13eekhgac13qq1

Thanks for the bump bri. I don't think dads will ever be busy central, but fme in mame seems to have found there to call itself home, so hopefully in the (near) future it will get more active, even if only with noobs looking for an open door version of beardy twat or no beardy twat.

bj

EDIT - spelling numpty caused by feckin virtual keyboard.

Edited by barcrest junky, 22 July 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#12 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

who,s that father christmas lol
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#13 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

elcondor seems to call it home. not sure what to think

#14 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

elcondor seems to call it home. not sure what to think

He has had most of the helP there nails in sorting out the source, Roms and layout dats than anywhere else, and also Haze, another MAME coder posts there from time to time with updates from him about how MAME FME is progressing... probably because MAME have had more help from DADs tryIng to sort out mfmfe source code, that is where they think it is right to make their niche in updating us there... It would be a shame to see the site go, when it looks like MAME FME is more or less the only hope for FME to survive in the future.
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#15 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

As it's something that I have been doing a lot of lately, I offered to make a Facebook fan page for DADs FME, I have done so here:
http://on.fb.me/MVTFMv
If anyone is so inclined please do "Like" and feel free to add any content that's relevant.

Also if anyone is good with images please let me know as I need a couple making for the page so please let me know, thanks.
:)

Edit: Had to make it into a Bitly link as this site seems to break any links that contain "FME". Odd!

Edited by aaamusements, 23 July 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#16 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

ive just been and had a look at the Facebook page,looks ok,but it could do with a few members from here nipping in and saying hello /hint /hint :) :D

#17 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

ive just been and had a look at the Facebook page,looks ok,but it could do with a few members from here nipping in and saying hello /hint /hint :) :D

It certainly could
:)

#18 elcondor

elcondor

MAME bloke

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

MAME has a 'home' elsewhere - we just went where the activity went. People tend to just find me wherever I have a presence TBH.

Seeing as it seem to be the DADs people that wanted to sort through the ROM DATs to make the MAME side easier (local database and all that - we're still sorting it even now!), I found myself posting there. I had the exact same problem with my forum way back when, I closed it because it was better served as private communication in the end - and then all this kicked off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users