• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#241 Paolo

Paolo

• New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

hi paolo on repro the coronation rom is avalible but not the game

Youre right goodwin sos- I think I'm confusing the coro st one with the one that you can play on mame. Been looking thru my old games to see if catch phrase is on there but no sign either. Will keep looking

#242 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

ok thanks paolo

#243 whufclee

whufclee

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hi guys, sorry it's been a very long time since I've been on here (ill health, work... blah blah blah). Anyway I just wanted to say a massive thanks for all your contributions - reading the posts in this thread has been a massive help in the past week. I made an arcade cab 2 years ago with a touchscreen and had most of the games from Cliffs Repo working fine but I've since given that to a mate and am now making a new setup as the missus needs her WordUp fix!

So far I'm making my way through all the new games giving them a proper testing so once I've done all those I'll do a post listing what's working and what tweaks were needed. I'm about halfway through testing (Win7 x64 with touchscreen and NVidia gfx card) and so far about 3/4 of them are working so happy days :D

#244 martfarmer

martfarmer

• New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hi all just to let you know that the games listed in post 234 here are the ones that work for me.
cashsmash xp/ 7
italian job xp / 7
catchphrase xp / 7
raiders of the lost quiz xp / 7
big match w7 not tested on xp
goldsnatch w7 crashes on cash win, but ok on xp

hangman 3 starts you can select play then it plays on its own touchscreen will not respond, keeps going until it gets a question wrong then end of game , you can exit it ok to menu or play again touchscreen works on main game menu, thks Martin

#245 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hi all just to let you know that the games listed in post 234 here are the ones that work for me.
cashsmash xp/ 7
italian job xp / 7
catchphrase xp / 7
raiders of the lost quiz xp / 7
big match w7 not tested on xp
goldsnatch w7 crashes on cash win, but ok on xp

hi martfarmer are you using anything different to get these working as most of us cant get them working

#246 martfarmer

martfarmer

• New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

No , just standard xp with the latest codec etc, you have to find which emu works best for them

#247 whufclee

whufclee

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

I can confirm all those are also working for me on Win7 (touchscreen, not sonar). Well I say all of those but I don't think I've managed to get Italian Job working yet - I believe it looked like it was going to work and then crashed in game but I'll double check that tomorrow.

Catchphrase is the only one so far that I've needed to run the dual ITBox/Indie server thing on - it adds credit on startup whereas the other emus don't seem to add anything on that one.

Like I say I'll post up the results soon but a lot of them I've had to tick the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in the properties to get them to display properly on my monitor which is running at 120hz 1980x1080.

#248 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

hi whufclee are u going to put what emu you used for which game and how did u get raiders of the lost quiz working as it keeps crashing for me and i have windows 7

#249 widget2k4

widget2k4

• New Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

Probably some dumb error handler thing - it's a bit difficult to tell sometime with Procmon.

I'll try it in XP and see what happens.

Any luck yet mate ?

#250 elcondor

elcondor

MAME bloke

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

No, nothing - like I say, there are two interfaces for Itbox, and I don't know anything about this other one.

#251 widget2k4

widget2k4

• New Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

devastated :(

#252 whufclee

whufclee

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

hi whufclee are u going to put what emu you used for which game and how did u get raiders of the lost quiz working as it keeps crashing for me and i have windows 7

Sorry mate, unexpectedly got called away and had to look after the old man and take him to hospital for the past week or so. Not sure if I'll have time to do anything until next week now but I'm thinking maybe I could setup an FTP server once I have simpletouch configured with all the correct files and then in theory so long as you use the same directory structure it would just be a case of copying over to your build. My bandwidth here is rubbish so does anyone know of somewhere I could host the files?

Anyway back on track, I just had a look at the Raiders Of The Lost Quiz and I've enabled "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in properties and using ITBox Server (the original one). I've also installed some codecs and other stuff - I'll try and work out exactly what's installed and give you a list once I have time, I suppose a better idea would be to just upload the extra software/codecs? Ok if I have time later on I'll upload the stuff to mediafire for you but if I don't have time it might have to wait until next week now as I'll be away the next few days again.

#253 whufclee

whufclee

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Ok here goes, I think this is everything that I've installed to make the games work. Goodwin894 can you try installing these things and let me know whether or not it's working for you? There are a couple of other packages not included in that link but I'm fairly certain they're for my 3d monitor and they are also quite large so didn't include them. If it's still not working I'll upload those files too.

#254 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

Ok here goes, I think this is everything that I've installed to make the games work. Goodwin894 can you try installing these things and let me know whether or not it's working for you? There are a couple of other packages not included in that link but I'm fairly certain they're for my 3d monitor and they are also quite large so didn't include them. If it's still not working I'll upload those files too.

i will try lol thanks again

#255 whufclee

whufclee

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Ok people I'm now done testing and am going to add the games to a SimpletouchFE menu, the games are sorted into:

Card Games
General Quiz
Music
Picture
Skill
Sport
TV Show / Movie
Word Games

I've deleted the duplicates and just kept the ones which work best on my Win7 setup. The non-working ones I have in a folder with descriptions of any known errors - these can be further investigated at a later date. I think I'm missing a few from Cliffs Repo, I had a HDD failure last year and some files were corrupted - it wasn't many but I think there were a handful of games so is there a full list somewhere as Cliffs Repo still appears to be down?

Now the big question is this... What's going to be the best way of sharing these files with you? I could setup an ftp server but my upload speeds are pretty poor and it would kill my network (the package is ~15GB and that's excluding the "non-working" titles) so any suggestions?

#256 rorysean

rorysean

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

That would be amazing if u was to upload a win7 set all sorted out in to genders,I have all of them and a touch screen but do not have the time to sort them all out so that would be great.

#257 whufclee

whufclee

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Oh man real life sucks, it gets in the way of all my little projects :-(

Well I've got to build a PC for someone over the next couple of weeks so what I'm planning on doing is working out what games work with sonar for non-touchscreen units and I'll also do a simpletouch thing for that. I noticed you can get an extra 500MB allowance with dropbox everytime someone signs up via a referral link so that could be an option for sharing with you guys.

If anyone wants to help out the cause and improve my dropbox allowance then please follow this link as I'm currently only on 3gb (we need about 16gb) http://db.tt/ez45WWCC

@rorysean: Where in Essex are you? That's where I am so I may be able to copy it onto a HDD for you.

#258 whufclee

whufclee

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Just another update for you guys... I've installed everything on my touchscreen win7 setup and all is working fairly nice (bar a couple of simpletouchfe issues), however I just tried to install the same package on another Win7 setup and I'm getting errors, there must be some dependencies I've forgot about. Well either that or it's a gfx card issue so more testing needed before I can upload to the masses. If I don't speak to you before then Happy Christmas, hope you all have a very drunken one playing on your machines.

#259 petshell

petshell

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hello

I bought an ITBOX today   Everything works great.  How do I add games other than what is already on like say Crystal maze or bejewelled

A complete newbie am I !!!!!!

#260 bravesirdidymus

bravesirdidymus

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hi. I know this is an old thread but can anybody post a new link (or PM me) the itserv file mentioned in Sprero's post as the original link is dead and cant find this anywhere else. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users