Time To Say Goodbye

leave loss fruit empty

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

I've come to a decision to call it a day for fme and fruit emu and all other related sites. I was not a easy decision to make as I have had so many good times here and have made a few new friends. I wish to thank everyone for their hard work in keeping fme alive and would like to thank ady for giving me the opportunity to become a mod on one of my favorite sites. You have all been great and it has been a pleasure to have known you all. Thanks to everyone that gave me info and advice over the years and especially the last few weeks i wont forget you guys. My facebook username is in the bihgest losses thread if you want to add me thats fine.

So its a goodbye from me and i wish you all a well.

James '-)

#2 James

James

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Donator

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Take care robin, hope to see you back one day :)

#3 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

It's a sad day, but to be honest probs for the best..... for the time being at least.

Hope you succeed and maybe we'll see you back here one day.... a changed man :)

All the best and good luck :yes: :D
  • ady likes this

#4 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hi James,

I wish you all the best in your venture mate....no NOT mate.......friend!

With all you are doing in real-land it's really nice of you to take the time to make this post.....I can imagine it wasn't easy but a Million times less hard than what you have gone through to be where you are today.

I really respect you fella for doing what you are in order to end it once-and-for-all.

You know my number and I can't wait for that beer and smash you at pool!

Hopefully you can pop back in a few weeks just to make a post about it and how well you did.

A massive thanks for all the enjoyment you have given us members in layouts and interesting posts...oh...and for looking after the site when todd breaks it ;)

You'll be truely missed...Take care mate and see you soon I hope.

Ady

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

All the best mate and yes my g/friend kelly will keep in touch with you on Fb as I don,t go on there much if at all. I totally respect your decision to cut ALL ties with gambling be it real or virtual I really hope you succeed in your quest to quit all gambling once and for all. It,s not going to easy god I,ve tried time and time again as Ady says I hope you come back now and again to keep us informed on your progress and do come back on here if only for a chat cause if you,re tempted to start gambling again there will always be people on here to talk to take care bud
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

All i can do is echo Ady's sentiments .. not much good with posts as you know lol.

Ill keep in touch via FB obv and hope everything goes well for ya Rob.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#7 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Take care RH and wish you all the best. I'm sure you'll beat this thing once and for all.

I said it before, but I reckon this is the right decision to make. You've described some really bad times in your blog and you need to cut your ties with everything related to gambling.

You'll be missed :)
  • ady likes this

#8 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

take care james,best wishes in all that you do ;)

bry
  • ady likes this

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#9 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

I personally hope you do make a success with your commitment to yourself... your feeling of pride and self esteem when you succeed in beating this will be the biggest buzz you will ever feel.... thousands of times more invigorating than the chase of the gamble mate, believe me!! That I do remember, only to well... and the feeling of relief and happiness from being free of it - well I can't wait for you to taste it mate! I know you will... :)

Be free, be happy and enjoy life mate... it is so easy to lose it all - but much more enjoyable to have it all! :)

Take care mate, and every best wish for the future.

Daryl x
  • ady likes this
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#10 wayne123

wayne123

none - going

• Regulars
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

i hope u recover, i am in deep depression at the mo, and i want 2 recover 2, good luck, and hopefully we will both get through this!!!.

my only quote from experience is

people can use you and be cruel, just be natural self, kind and condserate, and don;t let the b******s get you down!!

#11 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Thanks guys for your kind words. My blogs link is on the other thread if someone can copy/paste it to here please. I have asked for my robinhood75 account to be delted next week and all my downloading etc have been removed.

I just want to have a half decent life im getting on and dont want to still be gambling at 90. Again thanks for the kind words guys.

#12 pilky

pilky

Banned

• Banned
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

pm sent hope it helps you ....
loves fruit machines ..any shape any size any colour

#13 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

Oh no a FME quit, good job its a revolving door lol :err:
Posted Image

#14 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

Play Tester for anyone...

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Sorry to see you go RH a fellow Gloucestershire FME.

You will be missed here, the very best of luck in the future.
As we are living quite close I would like to add you as a friend on Facebook if you wouldn't mind?

Edited by thunderstorm, 15 June 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#15 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Good luck robin you can do it i know as i kicked the habit too but it takes determination and you seem to have that, what i did was reward myself at the end of the week with something nice so to encourage myself seeing my money spent on something or someone worthwhile it really helps, I now only play the downloads here and i don't get tempted by the real machines as i know where it will lead and to be honest i don't like the buggers today £20 goes in a flash whereas years ago £20 could last for hours. I don't gamble at all now nothing not even the lotto.
good luck.

:) Hold Yer Plums Or Go For The Melons :)

#16 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

All the best, mate. Hope you kick the habit, once and for all, and come back to us. Hope to see you see you again soon. Take care. :)
This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#17 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

I'll Buy That For A Dollar !

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

I hope all goes well for the future your input to this site will be missed.

Take Care Brad
RAhhhhhh The Beast Is Gonna Pay!!!!

#18 22Barmypluto

22Barmypluto

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

RobinHood dont know you personally, but all the best for the future. like everyone else has said, hope to see you back here one day. TC

#19 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

See you James. Really sad to be losing a very good friend on here, but absolutely support your decision. Having been through it myself I can truly say I fully understand your feelings. Maybe our paths will cross again one day, but for the present I am part of that past you wish to break from and hence part of the problem.

All the very best wishes to you for the future, even though you won't be reading this if you are successful in your future pursuit.

Take care.

Gazza

#20 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

Rob, all the best with the treatment, and you know where to find me on FB :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users