• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

At times us Mods are slated for abrubt replies to some posts, threads and shouts.

Duplu put in a real handy tool where 1st time posts need approval.

Here's just One from today (NOT APPROVED!), we see it daily and if i'm honest this is the kind of knob that gets it back the way it's said to the site...

Now this guy has been a member for TWO MONTHS but can't be arsed to read the release notes (they do say no ROMs) nor search to find a solution............they just fire-off and insult the creator.

The reason behind this is at times Mr Whoever is as nice as pie and approved....then the jerk kicks in, and we want this as a friendly site as we all know.

We see this day in and day out..........and it's bloody hard as a Mod to hold back at times!

Member can go walk as far as i'm concerned!

Attached Files

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

I think the vast majority of us here at Fruit Emu, and indeed the other FME forums, understand and realise what has to be done behind the scenes... I for one over the years, have noticed that FE really has 'upped' the ball in vetting members before they are let loose... I can certainly remember a few years ago, when I was on the verge of walking away from here because of it.

But Duplu, and you Ady mate, as well as the other mods on here, have worked hard to get Fruit Emu where it is today... it is one of the best, indeed, the primary source, for all things FME related, for layouts and roms (and thanks to Cliff and Mort for doing what they do too)... and the membership has certainly seen an improvement in written English, and forum etiquette - but I probably let that down, with my rants! ;)

Keep it up mate - it really is appreciated what you have done, and continue to do - all of you involved! :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#3 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

The mods are needed and do a good job in keeping this site running

#4 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

What a prize bellend that poster is. You mods all do a grand job keeping the riff-raff out. God bless your souls :)
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

where ever you go in today society you,ll get knobs like (another swiftkidd of shoot) that and its only gonna get worse i,m afraid. but thanks to the hard work all the admin guys and others do to try and keep this site polite and friendly for others to explore and enjoy, back to the dx in question maybe the twat should,ve put the volume up on his pc and cleaned the wax out of his ears cause i,ve got 2 copies of said layout both of which are of excellent quality and the sounds brilliant. we all have a laugh on here taking the mick out of each other, like me and pilk,s friendly banter on the shoutbox but it really winds me up to hear twats like that mouthing off if it,s not to your liking don,t play/download it simples. once again thanks for a brilliant polite friendly site this also includes DADSFME as well both make a great pair
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

There is always one and you mods must see it all just like people dealing with joe public when they work behind bars and shop counters, I like fruit-emu and altho there are other fruit emulation sites i have stuck with this site (not that there is anything wrong with the others) you probably already do it but there should be 3 strikes and your out policy unless they apologise, I for one am grateful for all the hard work that goes into emulation creation and to the friendly nature of this site so best to keep it this way, we can all be horrid, sarcastic etc but it just shows low iQ as far as i am concerned.

:) Hold Yer Plums Or Go For The Melons :)

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

What a prize bellend that poster is. :)

made my day that did!

#8 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

I get it all the time on the forums I have worked on, and it's much worse when it comes to the IRC networks I run, especially the #youtube chan, where it's full of sodding kids I want to fecking murder :realmad:

Edited by stanmarsh14, 29 May 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#9 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Yep being a MOD is sometimes difficult. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

'Touch Wood' we don't get too may problems these days and we have a good team both here and at my own site who often deal with problems before they spill over onto the forums.

My daughter know what it takes to be a mod - here's a pic she sent me not so long ago - cheeky mare lol

Attached Files

• Attached File  mod.jpg   66.45KB   20 downloads

• ady likes this

#10 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Yep being a MOD is sometimes difficult. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

'Touch Wood' we don't get too may problems these days and we have a good team both here and at my own site who often deal with problems before they spill over onto the forums.

My daughter know what it takes to be a mod - here's a pic she sent me not so long ago - cheeky mare lol

Haha cool picture DAD :) but is a bit cheeky. I was always called a nerd at school just because I was stuck to the RM Nimbus 186

Posted Image

and the Amiga 1200 :)

Posted Image

I made a 45 second long animation of a boat out at sea with the sun going down and birds flying into the distance and got an A for it. Deluxe paint 4 was great for stuff like that and I loved the function that let you blend the colours which made it easy to make a moon with craters.

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Opps i'm a deffo double nerd then.....

I remember making a thread about the Amiga on here a few years back...

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users