Empires Vertigo Wip

empire vertigo jackpot robinhood75

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

Here we have whats probably been the longest project I've worked on. It's empires vertigo which will be set at 10p play £5 jackpot. I decided on this stake and prize for the simple reason that the £25 jackpot one sucks like hell and can take hundreds before a jackpot where as the £5 jackpot gives good little streaks more frequent. This has been made from about 40 crappy pictures I took in my local arcade with a phone and camera. The lights in the arcade made it very hard to get a good picture with out the neon lights reflecting off the glass

But with massive help from Jmon over in America he managed to stitch the picture together and I was then able to use the clone tool to smooth it out we also worked on replacing the cabinet as it was silver and looked shite! It may be a few more weeks/months to release because I'm making this layout in a new way to how I normally make them.

Here is two pictures one of the machine in the arcade and one with the lamps on, let me know what you think and if you see any problems with the stitching etc please let me know asap.

Thanks

James

Attached Files

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

It really looks good RH mate. :)

I have played this one, quite a few years ago now, in the amusements in Skegness, and as you say, the £5 /10p play can sometimes go off its tits on a streak. I think most Empires did in the early days, which is what I loved about them! :)

Keep at it mate, take your time, and we shall see it when you are ready. :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#3 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

oh yessss!!! looks an abso f*******g lute corker RH matey :D if you want a tester when its ready......... ;)

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#4 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Looking good,i think the silver cab would have been better :D if you want it testing i'll give it a whirl wehn your done.

#5 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Looks really great mate, stick with it, never get much input anymore, just the way FME has become :(

I'm not a fan of Empire's machines, they have never clicked with me, but I will make sure I give this a good go when it's ready !

#6 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Yesssssssss,yesssssssssss,yesssssssssssssssss.
I know ive (annoyingly) pestered you guys over time for this baby lol, just to see that pic above and what a pic, it looks stunning considering the work you had to do.
She has a soft spot in my heart she does, many memories of weeks away in barmouth in the sands resort arcade.
And even better you've chosen to stick to the £5 jackpot.
Thank you James and Jmon.

Cant wait

Jay

Edited by jay2, 09 May 2012 - 09:44 PM.

What shall i put here?

#7 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Yesssssssss,yesssssssssss,yesssssssssssssssss.
I know ive (annoyingly) pestered you guys over time for this baby lol, just to see that pic above and what a pic, it looks stunning considering the work you had to do.
She has a soft spot in my heart she does, many memories of weeks away in barmouth in the sands resort arcade.
And even better you've chosen to stick to the £5 jackpot.
Thank you James and Jmon.

Cant wait

Jay

Lol sounds like you had a holiday fling with it haha. Glad your looking forward to it :)

#8 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

looks good much clearer than the blurry photo i think you could,ve left the 5 quids on the machine for more realism lol happy to test if you need me
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#9 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Did this get done? cant find a dx just classic.

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

i don,t think so as this guys not a member at the moment which is a shame maybe one of the experianced guys can take over where he left off if they,ve the artwork.by the way does anybody know how robinhood aka james is doing would be nice for an update, he should've finished his course by now.

#11 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

I have no idea of how to contact him, but hopefully someone on here is a friend of his and keeps in touch? Failing that, if he's had enough of FME, the attached picture is good enough that someone else could pick the layout up from where he left off and finish off as a '1280' layout. It could be resized down to a '1024' but I'd be worried about some of the lamps being readable, there's a lot going on with the top glass.

Only 'issues' I can see are that the artwork is in a lamped state, so it would mean working in reverse - I typically sort my artwork out so I have the whole machine as one large unlamped BMP, and then copy / paste the individual off lamps into new BMPs, then lamp them, save them as 'on' BMPs, and do that for the whole layout. Then I load in the unlamped background art (the whole machine inc side-art), and then load in the lamps one by one. No idea if that's how other people still do it, that's how I started back in 2005 and how I've always done it since!

In this instance, I'd be unsure if I'd be better 'unlamping' the whole machine, getting the background image back to being in a switched off state, and then relamping it all - or if it would be possible to cut / paste the lamps, in their 'on' state, and 'unlamp' them one by one (by changing brightness, contrast, e.t.c.).

Apart from that, people mentioned above about the cabinet colour - if this was originally released in a silver cabinet, then I guess - in the interest of authenticity - whoever picked it up could put it into a silver cabinet. Doesn't really have to be done, and not attacking the original designers, it's just an option.

If someone really wanted to get some work done, they could attempt the decals for the notes on the right - although in some ways, I kinda like the realistic nature of the decals having fallen in to the plastics of the machine :D

There's a Red Gaming Rampage on eBay (or there was when I checked yesterday), the central plastics, which hold the cash stack decals, have completely fallen inside the machine - with the door closed and the machine locked, you can read the 'MIND YOUR HEAD' warning inside the back of the machine :D

Edited by Bencrest, 09 December 2012 - 11:33 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#12 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

He isn't doing too badly at all, although he is having difficulties with his meds and feet at the moment...

... He posts on Facebook, we chat a lot and he is happy where he is in life at the moment. :)
All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#13 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

He isn't doing too badly at all, although he is having difficulties with his meds and feet at the moment...

... He posts on Facebook, we chat a lot and he is happy where he is in life at the moment. :)

Good to hear :)

I didn't mention above (I did write it but must have deleted it, I edited the above post quite a lot while working on it!!) - but if someone DID want to make a layout based on the above photos, then please please please thank and acknowledge the work that robinhood75 and Jmon put into getting the artwork into that shape, it sounds like a lot of effort went into it and it's only right and fair to thank them.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#14 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

I will make sure that any credited references to him get passed on too.

I certainly hope that he does get mentioned to, as Ben has said, I know a lot of painstaking (literally) has gone into the start of those artwork bases - it would be criminal and indeed really spiteful and rude for RH not to get 'First' mention and thanks in the credits. :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#15 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

*** Update to this thread ***

I have had a word with RH on Facebook, and because I am not wanting him, or any of us, to tempt him back into what was a difficult part of his life, I am sending him the screenshots in this thread, as he isn't sure that he still has any of the work left he started, obviously deleting all FME related materials when he left. He might have to contact a few people too - so for the time being, could this be shelved into someone else taking it over until I know what his decisions are and what he needs to do to sort out when I have sent him the pictures...

... Thanks all for your patience. :)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#16 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

I looked over this when it was in wip state and a little lamp positioning unfortunately i got rid of the art i was sent awaiting the release,so unless james still has the pics thats the only one left.

#17 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

I looked over this when it was in wip state and a little lamp positioning unfortunately i got rid of the art i was sent awaiting the release,so unless james still has the pics thats the only one left.

jmon may have the cleaned up starting piccie, though he hasn't been on here in months either.

bj

#18 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hi guys

After discussions with RH and Tommy C, this project is now back on, and Tommy has rekindled his desire to have a stab at this, with the resources available, and also what RH had passed to him to help him with the project... So expect another WIP Progress soon. I know, as all you, that Tommy will do it proud for RobinHood, and I for one will look forward to this. :)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#19 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Glad i awoke this old thread now, good one guys :)

#20 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

three cheers to fme just goes to show there's still teamwork on here to get things done much respect to all those involved in completing this WIP and i look forward to playing this soon maybe a xmas day release. i,m sure tommy will make it extra special as robinhood would of wanted it back to the wip as i said previously maybe he could leave the 5 pounds on the machine from the original picture as it looks more arcade like just an idea

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: empire, vertigo, jackpot, robinhood75

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users