• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image

File Name: The Blues Boys DX

File Submitter: ploggy

File Submitted: 14 Apr 2012

File Category: Project Amber

Now that Guitar has released the latest instalment of Amber, I can get this released. It's a DX for a popular BWB machine called The Blues Boys. A very tight machine that saves up for the repeater feature on the top. It's set to: £8/10p/92%/Arcade, £8/5p/92%/Arcade and £8/10p/92%/Single Site. So pick one that you prefer. :)

Huge thanks goes out to Guitar for everything concerned. Without him this would have never seen the light of day. He provided the emulator to play it on, and also the pictures and reels for the DX. :)

The shortcuts for this are:

Cancel/Collect - `

Hold/Nudge 1 - 1

Hold/Nudge 2 - 2

Hold/Nudge 3 - 3

HI - H

LO - L

Feature Exchange - F

Start/Gamble - Space

20p Token Insert - 9

£1 Insert - 0

Make sure all settings like Anti-Aliasing, and Texture Filtering are off to start with. You can play with the settings when the emu is loaded by pressing F1. F1 is for help, and will show you all the emulator shortcuts. Also make sure you have installed the latest version of Amber which will have the fixes for the meters. It should now be on the front-page of this site. :)

There are two zip files in all. One has the roms in it, and the other has got the layout in it. You need to place the roms files from the zip into the Libraries/ROMs folder. And the layout needs to go in the Libraries/Layouts folder. Do this before you load the emulator up.

If anyone has anyone problems/queries, post them here. Apologies for the release being late. There were some bugs that cropped up right at the end that took a while to find, and fix. :(

EDITED TO ADD: Layout has been updated to support the new alpha display type.

Click here to download this file

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#2 dazzalatic

dazzalatic

• Regulars
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Fantastic, Thanks. Off to spend a few happy hours!!

#3 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

A little bit of a snag. The installer that's on-site, needs an update. Wont take long. About 10-15 minutes. The meters will not work with the current version of Amber, so I have to stop the download for short amount of time. :(

The layout, if you've already downloaded it, will be fine. :)

Edited by ploggy, 14 April 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#4 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

The update is uploading as I type. should be about 10 mins.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#5 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

how do i play i put the rom files in the rom folder and the layout file in the layout files but it dont pick it up

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

i was gonna ask the same bandit not sure how to do this is it the same as we did in mfme or not a step by step guide on how to dl and run amber games would be useful please
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#7 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

It should pick it up, mate. After you click on play, you should see "The Blues Boys by Ploggy" in the window. I'll download it again just to make sure.

P.S. The latest installer has now been uploaded to the site. You need to use that for the meters to work correctly. :)

Edited by ploggy, 14 April 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#8 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Just put the rom files in the rom folder and same for the layout don't put the foler into the roms folder.

Attached File  ss.PNG   179.53KB   80 downloads

#9 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

what folder do i need to create i got the project amber folder with the emu in

#10 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Updated version of amber to run this is available here.

http://www.fruit-emu...mber-installer/

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#11 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

wonderful. just 1 question, in full screen how do you get the menu bar on screen?

#12 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

what folder do i need to create i got the project amber folder with the emu in

You need to run the installer first. When it asks you if you want to have a Desktop shortcut, say "Yes". It will be easy to find the next time you use it then. When you install the emulator, it should make the folders for you. You don't need to make any more folders.

Edited by ploggy, 14 April 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#13 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

You need to put the files in the correct folders once thats done you need to start amber then go to libraries then game library. The blues boys should be in there :) just click the BB then click the one you want to play and then click play. You may need to scan for layouts tho first.

#14 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Is it just me or is only the 10p/arcade version working?

#15 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Loving it! Cheers!

#16 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

thanks sorted but what screen res it it as i can not see the reels

#17 nick_uk_911

nick_uk_911

The Flaming Moron

• Regulars
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

thanks for this release, i have got it to load but i have the same issue as banditboy, i can only see the top half of teh machien and cant figure out how to resize it..

#18 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

very good - loved it all - although the lamping seems unusual (probably just need to get used to it). Emulator much faster now though and liking the scrolling - cheers

thanks for this release, i have got it to load but i have the same issue as banditboy, i can only see the top half of teh machien and cant figure out how to resize it..

Just use the arrow keys or F3 to resize.
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#19 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Love the scroll up and down feature, can see Ploggys Quality work without it being resized in to a mush :jimlad: Great Release, and what seems to be a Good looking Emu
Posted Image

#20 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

To the people who cant see the full machine, use the shortcuts for scrolling around. The "Page Up", and "Page Down" keys will go up, and down the layout. The arrow keys will also scroll around the background. All the emulator shortcuts can be found by pressing "F1", when the game is loaded. Will be easier if you look in that to find all the shortcuts the emulator uses. :)

You may have to wait a while for the layout to load as well. The machine is using three profiles, so takes time to decompress/compress the files into the "Current" folder.

A very nice feature of Amber, is you can adjust the darkness to suit. If you've got a Desktop keyboard, or a newer Laptop, use the "+", and "-" keys to adjust the brightness. On older Laptops the shortcuts wont work because the "+" and "-" keys are on a different part of the keyboard.

Or you can go into the MPU4 Config by clicking on Options/MPU4 (on the top bar), or CTRL+C = shortcut, and adjust it there on the Graphics Options/Back Bright area. It'll be on the right-hand side. Just use the slider to change. :)

If you want to save where you are on the machine, you have to save the layout when you exit, or you can again use the shortcut (CTRL+S). If you don't save, the machine will not save your current state and the ram will not save either.

Edited by ploggy, 14 April 2012 - 07:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users