Call Manager Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Curtisd

Curtisd

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hi guys, hope someone can help me as i dont really know much about fruit machines i just have one for fun play in my garage. I have the adams family fruit machine and not played on it for some time but as i went to play it the other day i closed the door and put a couple of pound coins in when my friends were here ( i usually play free play). I had a win and when i went to collect the bank a noise came from the machine which sounded like the hopper trying to empty but it didnt have any coins in there.

I was then greeted with an alarm saying call manager 100p req £4.00. How do i clear bank or make this error message go away? If i put enough coins to cover the payout in the hopper will it pay out then dissapear or do i need to clear it myself inside the machine? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks :)

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

I,M no expert on machines but it appears its an I.o.u message and you would need to refill machine with quids so it could payout the required amount if that don,t work I expect the guys on here that know what the problem you,ve got will be able to sort it out for ya they,$$ answer you in due course.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 Curtisd

Curtisd

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Thanks Vectra, i will try that today

#4 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Try this:
Insert and turn refill key.
Insert 4 pound coins through the coin slot.
Turn refill key back to the original position. Machine should spit out the 4 pound coins it owes you, and then be happy again. But remember the hopper is still empty and if you don't stick a load more pound coins in, it will IOU again on the next win.

#5 Curtisd

Curtisd

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for your reply aaa, I do not have a refill key so can i manually put the coins in the hopper?

#6 James

James

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Donator

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for your reply aaa, I do not have a refill key so can i manually put the coins in the hopper?

If it tries to pay them out every time you switch on, then yes.

#7 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

If it tries to pay them out every time you switch on, then yes.

That's right. The benefit of the refill key method is that it makes the machine register the coins going into the hopper, so it then automatically pays them out. It may not do this if you do a manual hopper refill.

You might be able to get away with shorting the connectors on the back of the refill lock, if not I can send you a standard 87000 refill key that should fit your lock as long as it hasn't been changed.

Alternatively you could completely reset the machine memory by very VERY BRIEFLY shorting out both sides of the battery with a piece of wire. Not really recommended though.

#8 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Surely it should attempt to pay out once the doors are closed again.. Put some coins in the hopper manually and see what happens.. If that doesn't work, don't try shorting anything.. That's a quick road to a f***ed machine. I'll talk you through clearing the ram.
Failing that.. Take advantage of aaamusements offer of a refill key.

#9 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

Yeah it might spit out the coins when it's closed again, I can't remember what they do off hand as I always have a key!

#10 paulMCS

paulMCS

no relation to badboy0!:)

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

a few times in my local wetherspoons a fruit machine i have been playing on owes me £50 - £100 and it suddenly says "CALL MANAGER",.... i call the manager and explain what has happened,..he asks my name and address and give it to him,...and he tells me that someone from the fruit machine company will be in touch....... I DONT HEAR FROM ANYONE AT ALL!!! does anyone know my legal position on this.

#11 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

a few times in my local wetherspoons a fruit machine i have been playing on owes me £50 - £100 and it suddenly says "CALL MANAGER",.... i call the manager and explain what has happened,..he asks my name and address and give it to him,...and he tells me that someone from the fruit machine company will be in touch....... I DONT HEAR FROM ANYONE AT ALL!!! does anyone know my legal position on this.

Unfortunately it sounds like you got fobbed off. By now I assume you have no proof that the machine owed you? In which case Wetherspoons will deny all knowledge, and you won't have a leg to stand on...
:mad:

#12 paulMCS

paulMCS

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

maybe next time i should take a mate in with me,... who can record the whole thing,.. then ill send a dvd of it to wetherspoons head office,the fruit machine companies head office,..and if im feeling particularly evil ill bung it on youtube,... then see the wetherspoons manager squirm!!!,..... am i allowed to name the pub??

#13 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

maybe next time i should take a mate in with me,... who can record the whole thing,.. then ill send a dvd of it to wetherspoons head office,the fruit machine companies head office,..and if im feeling particularly evil ill bung it on youtube,... then see the wetherspoons manager squirm!!!,..... am i allowed to name the pub??

Yeah certainly as much evidence as possible is always good... especially as most people these days have camera phones/videos. You would think that if he couldn't pay you out there and then it should have been possible to witness the handpay required and give you something official enough to prove it later on...
Videogame in a bowling alley swallowed a couple of quid of mine a good few years ago, they took my name and address and sure enough, I heard nothing. The machines were Leisure Link at the time, so I doubt they could even afford to pay me anyway!

#14 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

I wouyld go back in there and demand an explanation to where your monies got to and if you get no joy just say I,m taking this further and contact mr j.d wetherspoon himself (head office) as rthey,ve got your name and address and date n time it happened plus surly there,s CCTV observing the 3 dozen+ dond,s in there and lastly if they had to call a fruity engineer out there must be proof of him coming out a document of when he came out and the reason for coming out I.e machine being even tighter than usual lol, if not then the manager is fiddling it making off with your money and he,ll have his ass kicked out of the door P45. If that don,t work call there bluff get the old bill involved maybe good luck
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#15 paulMCS

paulMCS

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

The pub in question was 'THE SAMUEL PETO' wetherspoons pub in folkestone,.kent (the one that looks like a church),.... most of the staff in there look dodgy!!! just a warning to all those pub goers not to play any fruities in there!!

#16 cgleisure

cgleisure

senior tech

• New Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

its down to the manager to pay you out not the fruit machine company

#17 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

its down to the manager to pay you out not the fruit machine company

Depends on the arrangement with the hire company, and normally what happens is, a rep from said company needs to come out to the machine to verify the fault / non-payment, although TBH as all hopper based machines I know of will tell you directly there is a short payment (Unless the machine is set to just clear this message automatically), I would just do a short video of that message to back myself up, so if you get fobbed off, you have actual evidence of short payment, and it's much harder for them to squirm out of paying up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users