• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#61 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

I've been working on a vertigo DX for mfme.I went to my local arcade and took a lot of pictures on my phone lol, they was a bit out of focus but as I took so many was able to stitch them together.

I don't know when it will be ready as I need to do some more work on the photos.

aahhh rob :notworthy: , cant wait m8, considering what you said you have to work with it still looks spot on m8.

Jay
What shall i put here?

#62 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Looking forward and excited about amber, thanks for all your hard work guitar I'm sure it will be worth waiting for

:) Hold Yer Plums Or Go For The Melons :)

#63 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Quick Update.

The NEC chip (crystal sound chip) is now being hooked up to the emulator. The sounds are decoding correctly and its almost working, but there are some anomolies to be ironed out. If I could find my multimeter I would be a lot better off.

I suspect its either using an interrupt that the usual MPU4 doesn't use, or just an issue with the way I am driving the hardware, debugging is in progress.

The reel editor is now functioning as expected for vertical reel, but needs some work to stop things happening in a certain order which will break it.
Horizontal reel editing is almost the same as vertical with afew values shifted around so will be sorted shortly.
Disc reel is in its infancy, awaiting a game which actually uses it for testing.

The graphics library now works, but as with the reel editor it needs some protection to stop crashes caused by users doing things in the wrong order.

Once that all works as expected I can begin tidying things up and start the finishing touches.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#64 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

http://www.dadsfme.c...g30205#msg30205

I am NOT being negative.......but I presumed they were ok?

#65 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

Cheers for the update.

#66 zoom

zoom

• Regulars
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for your continued work on this and for the update.

Do you or anyone know if there any new club machine layouts in the pipeline for this emulator?

Thanks.

#67 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for your continued work on this and for the update.

Do you or anyone know if there any new club machine layouts in the pipeline for this emulator?

Thanks.

Personally club machines aren't my thing. but there is no reason why they shouldn't run. There may be some tweaks needed to the reel handling, if neccessary I will update the emu as issues arise.

http://www.dadsfme.c...g30205#msg30205

I am NOT being negative.......but I presumed they were ok?

I already posted a correction later in that very thread.

Edited by Guitar, 13 March 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#68 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

sounds good v good :err:

hand-drawn-animated-gifs-dain-fagerholm-

#69 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Another update.

I have now stopped using Directx for sound and have moved to the much nicer bass.dll library.

It appears to have got rid of the clicks at the end of samples, and is also 100% windows 7 compatible.
As of last night the sampled sound is now switched over to the new library which is step 1 to getting synth sound working properly in win 7 (and XP).

I have finally found the keyboard shortcut bug and repaired it. I have also tweaked the scaling engine to be more compatible with different resolutions. I have also fixed the scrolling bug.

More tweaks and fixes are ongoing, and I'll bite the bullet and get a new multimeter later on so I can finish the NEC sound.

#70 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Update: Nec sound chip now works apart from 1 tiny detail, the sample lengths are not 100% accurate, but as proof of concept its all running.

Just need to sort out the maths calculating the sample lengths, ive fudged it for now but should be pretty easy to get sorted.

#71 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

The news i was waiting for,this is f***in brilliant nice one!

#72 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

All sounding good, mate. No pun intended. :)

Did you manage to get the Crystal machines into test mode? The button number for the test mode is 20.

Edited by ploggy, 14 March 2012 - 10:34 PM.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#73 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

yeah i have updated the emu for xtal games to use 20 rather than 21 like every other comapny. CHeers ploggy.

#74 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Just read through this topic and want to extend my thanks to Guitar, can't wait to see a release :) - well, I can, because I have to, but you know what I mean ;)

#75 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

in relation to the whole project its been a long wait, but things are on the final stretch now... hang in there ppl, select few have a build of the emu to use/test and make layouts while guitar does the sound - which is the last chapter before public release :)

#76 bri365

bri365

Master Joker

• Regulars
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

I would just like to say a massive huge thanks to the guys behind Project Amber and also to the few guys on here who make the layouts that I enjoy. Without you guys this place would be a little bit dull. I am looking forward to Amber and the new layouts that will come along.
I love this website.

Oh just a thought but can't we put something on here that when you type deal or no deal into the search engine, displays a message that says your a dickhead?????

Come here to post jokes, oh and to play the occasional frutie.

#77 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

lol

#78 cainer

cainer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

Oh just a thought but can't we put something on here that when you type deal or no deal into the search engine, displays a message that says your a dickhead?????

or maybe a pic of the bearded one and NO DEAL written across it :p

Posted Image

Edited by cainer, 20 March 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#79 bri365

bri365

Master Joker

• Regulars
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

or maybe a pic of the bearded one and NO DEAL written across it :p

Posted Image

Frigin love it.

Come here to post jokes, oh and to play the occasional frutie.

#80 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hey all, don't mean to rush the progress but just giving some interest here, do we have any news for the community? Tell me to STFU if you wish, just enquiring :p

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users