• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 RobYaBliNd

RobYaBliNd

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hello everybody,
I used to play some of the fruit machines here and was really impressed by the conversion to the digital realm. Some classic machines are very fun to play. So this got me thinking about me trying to create some fruit machines in 3D, and giving you guys and girls something to play. So what do you think? Would you play them or do you think that what you have already in 2D is good enough? I would like to hear your opinions on the matter and any suggestions you have.

At the moment im creating a coin pusher machine, that has hybrid UK fruit machine sub games, bonus mystery features etc.

heres a pic of a work in progress screen shot .

http://img607.images...3377/pushit.png

Anyway i look forward to hearing what you have to say regards to my idea.

Kind regards Adam

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

That looks really cool Adam… and I wish you every success with it mate. :)

Please don’t give a ‘release’ date for it though chap… just in case! ;)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#3 markleshark

markleshark

• New Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

wow........WOW!!!!! great name too haha I think both ideas are bloody fantastic......... 3d would make a massive enhancement to me because i literally get sucked right in when im playing......... i even turn the lights out in the room to intensify the experience + as for the coin pushers there are good + bad just like the fruitys but as long as its got a side feature (+ not 2 easy to achieve) it should be very popular!!!! i hope you decide to continue with both ideas + i wish you every success,,,,,,,,,,,, please keep us apdated m8 :thumbs_up: cheers m8.
now hurry up + get on with it :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

#4 James

James

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Donator

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

This is looking very impressive indeed, very good luck with your project. :)

#5 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

looks the dogs adam mate - keep at it cant wait to give it a blast :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#6 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Looks amazing,sounds like a great idea

#7 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

Sounds great good luck!

:) Hold Yer Plums Or Go For The Melons :)

#8 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

Sounds good and will look forward to seeing the finished product. All the best for it :)

#9 RobYaBliNd

RobYaBliNd

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Thank you for the kind words everybody :thumbs_up:

Well I'm going to do it then, I'm glad you lot think it's worth doing and i will hope to make a start on a fruit machine once the coin pusher is complete. I spent a good part of last night adding sounds and some visual sparkly firework effects (when you get a big win ) also tidied up the credit displays etc and some more coding internally too. heres a little update pic http://img59.imagesh...6250/rblind.png

If anybody wants to test it out in it's present state, then let me know and i'll upload it for you guys n girls to try out.

Take care all

kind regards Adam

#10 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

This looks awesome. Please do upload a test version.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#11 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

looks amazing,the potential is endless - maybe we could see some of the old bell fruit electro mechanicals simmed - ten up, fore and aft SNG etc...

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#12 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Looks interesting indeed, please feel free to upload, for a test play, always good to to see something different.

#13 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Looks great something different for us fruity/arcade fans to play, brings back memories of pumping in a tub of two,s at the rate of 5 a time to win a plastic lighter or key ring does it have the lock thingy when you hit it, the alarm goes off and shuts down for a few seconds lol. will this play in mfme or have it,s seperate sim to play on and will the coins look like 2p,s or 10p,s.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#14 RobYaBliNd

RobYaBliNd

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hi guys,

Well i have not added the bonus features yet, just so you can play it without crashing or doing weird stuff for now. But the general concept is there to hopefully give you an idea how it plays.

Some conditions i hope you will honour.
please don't distribute it,sell it etc.
please play it to death
and post your highest winnings :)

1, Now some bugs to make note of, the UFO at the top is what you control, you are not restricted to the board so obviously aim on the board.
2, the credits display can go a little goofy.
3, if you manage to drop the £20 then your credits won't display any other coin that drops after.
4, i haven't done much optmisations on it, it plays ok on my rig, it may not play well on yours. if you have trouble, please post your machine spec)
You may find more bugs and if so, post here and let me know so i can fix them on the next update.

installation instructions : ( windows only for now )

double click on the zip file.
theres a icon called ' coinz.exe ' click that.
thats it!

optional :
you can extact it to your desktop or where ever, if you prefer.

you don't need to uninstall the game, just delete the folder it is in or the zip file.

Game Controls :

mouse to move the UFO left and right.
left mouse button to drop a coin.
escape key to quit game
R key to restart game

simple eh!

Good luck guys and girls, i hope to try and make some money from my project and future projects. I'm poor and would like to put food on the table eventually from this. However that don't mean i'm here to charge etc now or in the future, exclusively here and here only i will upload my projects to a community that has a passion for fruit machines etc. So keep it secret and you got yourself a good deal for free games and i hope you will give ideas to add to future games we can all play.

heres the zipfile : http://dl.dropbox.co.../ROBYABLIND.zip
oh 1 more thing, i put the £20 near to the edge just to give you a chance of dropping it, it wont be that close to the edge in the next build ;)

Kind Regards Adam

Edited by RobYaBliNd, 10 January 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#15 shiny

shiny

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

£23.70 highest winnings so far. I haven't posted around here for years but this kind of thing is really piques my interest; this looks and plays very promisingly indeed.

Runs fairly well on this 3/4 year-old laptop with fairly rubbish internal graphics - more details available if required.

What kind of level of bug report are you looking for? Would you just like to know about crashes, or perhaps gameplay/UI problems too? I'm willing to give feedback but conscious that it should be as useful as possible for your project :)

Fantastic stuff :D

#16 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Here is mine, just managed to get the £20 at the end of the game. I find just holding the mouse button down does a good job.

Thanks for this it is good fun to play thank you for sharing it with us.

Attached Files

#17 RobYaBliNd

RobYaBliNd

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for trying it out, in its present state, it's not much of a game yet. I spent yesterday making the coin physics behave more realistic and also done some optimisations. which gained me a whoppin 60 FPS (frames per second ) on my rig, so should run a lot smoother in future builds. I also fixed a few of them bugs that were in that build. So now im back on to making the bonus mystery features, and feature game board.
I will hopefully get something knocked up in the next month or so if all go's well. and post a update.

@ shiny., i appreciate your offer of help regards to testing and advice, At the moment i got plenty of ideas racing around my head and want to experiemnt what works well etc. Sooner the frame work all comes together, i'm sure i will need game testers and ideas for improvment. Thanks for your support and i'll make note here when that time comes.

Kind regards Ad.

#18 RobYaBliNd

RobYaBliNd

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

hi guys,

just a little update before i go away for a couple of weeks.

I have added a bonus feature that is triggered by a coin hitting the occasional " ? " mystery Box which will enable the bonus mystery feature. 2 features added, "Antigravity" which lifts the coins off the table for a short time and then drops em back down onto the table, giving the board a nice shuffle and the odd edge coins getting knocked off if your lucky. "skill","stopper" & "boost" are linked to the "robyablind" logo to eventually get on the board, and the "coinshower" feature which drops some coins down the steps.

the physics are starting to work really nice also. so things are going ok at the moment with it :) . i will get back to work on it, once i'm back and will update you guys hopefully with some elements of the main feature board in the next few weeks.

here's a little update pic,
http://img688.images.../7793/001uc.png

will post back soon with hopefully some interesting feature board stuff.

Ad,

#19 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

here you go themer don,t know if this is any good but it has coins on it and it pushes lol
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#20 pilky

pilky

Banned

• Banned
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

yes it is good especially when you get the 20 quid lol

and its free ...lol
loves fruit machines ..any shape any size any colour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users