• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:30 AM

After Scorpio's super 1280 version last month here comes my 1024...Had done a bit of work on this at the same time until Hurtand said out of the Blue "you do know Scorp's is doing that!" 8O ......Well spoken to Scorpio and he is a little tied-up so i'm taking it on-board again.

Stef is working with me, as this is his first MFME I am starting afresh so it may be a good week before its out.

Ady & Stef

Attached Files

#2 hurtand165

hurtand165

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:37 AM

trust me to put the proverbial spanner in the works.

its nice to see its being worked on again so good look ady and joe.

hurtand165

#3 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:04 PM

Yeah good look guys

Sure it will be another great release!

#4 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:54 PM

I've only ever seen the Blue cabinet version before, I assume that Blue is BWB and Red is Barcrest in this case??

Oh, and Stef, you couldn't hope to have a better mentor for making a layout - Adydb only had to gag me and beat me with sticks to make me release my first layout :p

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#5 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 08:22 PM

Looking good ad....

Cancelled a few of mine to concentrate on more important things...
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:52 PM

i hope that pic of yours is a wind up RB. if not i want that mpu5 emulator posted asap. :)

#7 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:17 PM

Lol @ RB :)

Of course theres no MPU5 emu.

Anyway, I'm hoping I get Adders N Ladders done by this weekend. I spend far too long f**king around last year at college rather than doing work, but this year has got to be different. I'll probably not release another layout after Adders N Ladders, at least not for a while.

Shame, but people underestimate the amount of work that goes into a layout - it isn't just grabbing a picture and shoving reels on top [not normally anyway!], and I just can't afford to waste another year.

Well, I was going to release another machine in a fortnight, and probably will. God, I'm addicted to FME, but college is important!!!!

Damn internet, I wish I didn't have a computer!

Scabbier Rotten [Anagram of BarcrestBenito] :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#8 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:04 AM

A little slow as I had a PC crash and Stef has gone away for the weekend..

But as you can see, Reels, Nudges and Feature Trail are done...So as soon as he's back it's on-track.

Attached Files

• Attached File  a_s.jpg   158.32KB   155 downloads

#9 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:09 PM

yeah the red cabinet was barcrests release and the blue cab was bwb or a barcrest kit that a supplier did themselves.

baz

#10 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:39 PM

OK, I'm sorry that this question isn't directly related to the release [although I am eagerly awaiting it - make sure that Stef earns his keep Adydb!!!!]

---I know that BWB has somehow 'become' Vivid - although AFAIK Vivid do not make 'rebuilds' as such.

Do they still supply MPU5 rebuild kits [as in, for example, Smokey Bikin [clone of MPU5 Spiker the Biker] to suppliers?

If so, any idea on pricing?

BarcrestBenito
Ben

#11 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:57 AM

not to my knowledge benito
bwb and vivid are the same company but bwb only supply older kits and none of them include any vivid releases.

the only kits we get now are from global,empire,qps or mazooma.

baz

#12 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:36 PM

At long last it's finished!!!

Being playtested at the mo....Little gutted as where we have worked around a 1024 some logo's need a telescope to see but there's duplicate set of hard to read things set in the window..

Hope to have it out tomorrow.

Adydb & Stef

Attached Files

• Attached File  r_f.jpg   125.25KB   17 downloads

#13 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:52 PM

looks big as anything on 22" monitor..... :)
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

not to my knowledge benito
bwb and vivid are the same company but bwb only supply older kits and none of them include any vivid releases.

the only kits we get now are from global,empire,qps or mazooma.

baz

Well, heres what happened to me :

I bought some Spiker decals for £5 jackpot, which turned out to be for BWB Smokey Bikin. The parts number at the top of the decals says 'Vivid Smokey Bikin' - BWB kits may still be available, but I'm confident that Vivid has 'absorbed' them, hence no new BWB machines in ages :)

BarcrestBenito
Ben

#15 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:48 AM

Ady,. all tested fine.

All lamps working, features doing what there supposed to do.

So its a thumbs up from this side
N/A

#16 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 01:17 PM

Thanks very much Paul........

I really meant to add this in the comments but forgot :oops:

A big thanks to you and Marco for testing it for us.

Now in the recently added column.

#17 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:52 PM

OMG Fount a problem :oops:

The Darts Champion and the Skill Stop are the wrong way around....

Most of you guy's can fix it but for the newbies.....

In the emulator you will see DESIGN click this and then Edit (you will see the layout change).

Right click on Darts Champ and select Properties, a box will appear just below the hold buttons--drag this up so it's visable.

Simply delete the wording Darts Champ and replace with Skill Stop and click apply.......then do the same for the box saying Skill Stop

Go back to Design select Layout/Game then Save Layout in the box tick SAVE and it will say it exists...just click ok and it will overwrite the mistake. Then untick Design --Sorry!!

Attached Files

• Attached File  fu.jpg   11.56KB   40 downloads

#18 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 07:30 AM

Lol

I never noticed that.

Maybe because i had never played the machine in the pubs ? and i've usually got my eyes covered on Mystery's
N/A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users