- - - - -

Electrocoin's Pyramid For Mfme 3.2

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

Conner as i said in the pm i replied to if you need any help with starting designing a layout drop me a pm and i'll help were i can :)

#22 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Conner as i said in the pm i replied to if you need any help with starting designing a layout drop me a pm and i'll help were i can :)

Cripes you're brave

bj

#23 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Cripes you're brave

bj

Haha :radar:

#24 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Cripes you're brave

bj

Brave maybe ;) as long as the lad aint taking the piss i don't mind.

#25 1969kappa

1969kappa

South Park fan

• Regulars
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

Am I right in thinking then that Electrocoins Labyrinth won't be emulated then as this was a classic machine in it's day and why are electocoins machines so hard to emulate not that i could even do an easy 1 lol

#26 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

Am I right in thinking then that Electrocoins Labyrinth won't be emulated then as this was a classic machine in it's day and why are electocoins machines so hard to emulate not that i could even do an easy 1 lol

Hi

Its not so much that Electrocoin machines are so hard to emulate its more the tech that Electrocoin use has not yet been added to any public version of the EMU, this tech is i beleve in the version that wizzy was working prior to all the hoo har with the MAME team this will now not get a public showing so therefore we until or even if the MAME team add the Electrocoin tech to there version of the emulator then we cannot emulate any of there games, once we have an emu that can run the tech then createing the layout will be no more difficult than any other layout.

Regards

Cliff C

#27 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Sorry to dash your hopes but just found out this is not the case and mame are not working on it at all.

#28 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hi

Its not so much that Electrocoin machines are so hard to emulate its more the tech that Electrocoin use has not yet been added to any public version of the EMU, this tech is i beleve in the version that wizzy was working prior to all the hoo har with the MAME team this will now not get a public showing so therefore we until or even if the MAME team add the Electrocoin tech to there version of the emulator then we cannot emulate any of there games, once we have an emu that can run the tech then createing the layout will be no more difficult than any other layout.

Regards

Cliff C

Exactly Cliff. I suspect it would have been in the publically released emulator by now, except that I understand Electrocoin took a very protective stance against their tech being emulated, so it probably went to the bottom of the queue. Now the owner of the IP for the tech probs couldn't give a rats arse, but as this is the post apocalypse position re Wizzy no longer releasing MFME updates to the great unwashed, we will have to wait for MAME to deliver the goodies.

bj

#29 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

The tech Electrocoin used on their hi-tech machines was different to the tech they used on Bar-X I think. The preliminary emulation that is on the leaked builds of MFME was for their Bar-X range of machines. As far as I'm aware, the other tech hasn't been done at all, even in the privte builds. No machines from Electrocoin was on the video that Chris posted on the Mecca anyway.
This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#30 Proud and Mary

Proud and Mary

• Regulars
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

l found this on the mame dev site, what is it, and what does it mean ?
theres stuff about invalid opcodes,vectors lol , its beyond me to make head nor tails of it
it does mention down the page
Pyramid (Electrocoin)
Sphinx (Electrocoin)
Pennies From Heaven (Electrocoin)
Labyrinth (Electrocoin)
Secret Castle (Electrocoin)

l'm guessing they're trying to figure it out but god knows

hope this helps :skeptical:

Attached Files

Edited by Proud and Mary, 28 October 2011 - 11:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users