• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

i want my next release to be a classic £10 version of crystal maze as all i can find on here are £8/£6 versions and the emulators dont work when you change the jp from 8 to 10 so does anyone have the £10 roms. cheers

#2 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

Heres the roms theres a dat file added with the roms and sound loded in for you,the chr needs sorting out though to get the lamps right,so you may have problems if the roms don't work in any of the versions we already have.When you load the roms in a different layout you may get bad charachter alarm.

Attached File  Crystal Maze (Barcrest) Rom.zip   1005.46KB   10 downloads

#3 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

ok cheers lets see if i can do this one.

#4 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

the roms seem to work fine in another layout but cant get sound on it and it just freezes when i try loading the sound.

#5 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

Seems like the sound roms are corrupt. those will do the trick.

Attached Files

#6 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

the roms seem to work fine in another layout but cant get sound on it and it just freezes when i try loading the sound.

Tommy has taken the time and loaded the correct sounds and roms for you. so why try them in "another layout"??

#7 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

Tommy has taken the time and loaded the correct sounds and roms for you. so why try them in "another layout"??

Hmmm some people eh

#8 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

Yeah like hit the six said i've set everything up for you,alls you have to do is put the reel symbols in then find the lamps.These are two crucial parts of making a classic,loading the roms in someone elses dx or classic and moving lamps around aint really your work,as the person before you has done the hard work.

Edited by Tommy c, 07 October 2011 - 07:03 AM.

#9 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

obviously going to need something to work from in getting lamping correct by looking at the lamping on other peoples work isnt actually stealing their work. at end of day whether you start fresh the lamping is going to be same as the original anyway. makes me wonder how many layouts on here have actually been changed around.

FROM THIS
Heres the roms theres a dat file added with the roms and sound loded in for you,the chr needs sorting out though to get the lamps right,so you may have problems if the roms don't work in any of the versions we already have.When you load the roms in a different layout you may get bad charachter alarm.

TO THIS
Yeah like hit the six said i've set everything up for you,alls you have to do is put the reel symbols in then find the lamps.These are two crucial parts of making a classic,loading the roms in someone elses dx or classic and moving lamps around aint really your work,as the person before you has done the hard work.

funny how tommy c's mind works!

#10 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

obviously going to need something to work from in getting lamping correct by looking at the lamping on other peoples work isnt actually stealing their work. at end of day whether you start fresh the lamping is going to be same as the original anyway. makes me wonder how many layouts on here have actually been changed around.

FROM THIS

TO THIS

funny how tommy c's mind works!

mmm yeah it is,that statement was purely for refference,but seeing as you have been doing that anyway it makes no odds.I have set the layout up for you so using someone elses classic is wrong end of,as that person has done all the work,alls you are doing is placing em different ot maybe changing the font text.other people use classics yes,but they only use them when doing dx's not to release as there own when alls they have done is change the lamp positions,that isn't creating a layout,sorry!

#11 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

Stop panicking you lot. ive only put the roms into the dx to test them and play it as a ten pounder to see if it works which doesnt work and ive not even uploaded it onto here so how very dare you accuse me of this. Im sure i read somewhere that if your stuck with lamping then use a current layout to help you assign its lamps especially a newbie as theyre most likely to need help. The original layouts must have had their lamps copied from the original machine itself so in all layouts lamps will just be the same.
Not to forget ive only taken an interest recently, you have had 8 years on here, spot the difference.

#12 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

Stop panicking you lot. ive only put the roms into the dx to test them and play it as a ten pounder to see if it works which doesnt work and ive not even uploaded it onto here so how very dare you accuse me of this. Im sure i read somewhere that if your stuck with lamping then use a current layout to help you assign its lamps especially a newbie as theyre most likely to need help. The original layouts must have had their lamps copied from the original machine itself so in all layouts lamps will just be the same.
Not to forget ive only taken an interest recently, you have had 8 years on here, spot the difference.

mm 8 years i joined here in 2006 i made my first layout in january 2009,no'one is saying don't put the roms in another layout to test em,we are talking about using other peoples layouts by releasing em with different roms,moving lamps etc.I told you the chr on the lamps needed sorting out,thats why i mentioned trying them in a current layout,as the chr's are different for different rom revisions which you have proberbly seen for yourself,as the lamps will all be jumbled up! Also i set up a stars n stipes for you and put the reel bands in it as you said you wanted to do it,not heard anything of that one since.

Edited by Tommy c, 07 October 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#13 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

the stars and stripes and super streak layouts that i said i would do will be done another time as cant find decent flyers for them at moment.and all the current flyers have been done so will need to wait for decent new ones otherwise it'd be classed as stealing. if i could find decent ones then id be more than happy to do them. and i cant do a photo based either as non of my amusements have stars and stripes so i will do them another time. however i could always take somebody elses layout couldnt i and edit the font etc. but that would be stealing and im no layout thief otherwise they'd be on here by now. i will have a good proper look at these crystal maze roms you sent me on sunday as quite busy today.

#14 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

TBH partytime sorry I mean dannypyeman I think what your saying is a load of shit!! And I quote " The original layouts must have had their lamps copied from the original machine itself" how do you think they did that? Just look at the machine and go yeah theres the £1.00 lamp that must go there. The first person to do it had to find the lamps by trail and error. Some machines like sc4 and mpu5 you can stick the machine into test mode and find them using the lamp test and it will flick through the lamps but on older machines you have to sit n play it for hours and hours working out what lamps are what as they didn't have this lamp test.

I think you just want an easy job, just bang the lamps into a dx or classic move a few lamps here n there change the fonts and out it goes. I'm sure anyone with half a brain could do that in about 2 hours or so. If you want an easy life go out and buy a colouring book and go fill that in to keep ya mind happy. You do know that some people who make the layouts put little secret things in there layouts so if anyone else decides to change them they are found out!!

Oh and yeah I do use classics to make a dx, i did it with HILOWATHA, it's OK to do a DX from a classic(if you have the persons OK to use there work) but to do a classic from a classic or a DX to a classic ain't right end of.

Lol at the stars and stripes and super streak lol lolooolollololol all the current flyers have been done? Have the same flyers been used for all possible sizes? If not why not use that flyer to do a size thats not been done yet like a 1600 or 2024?

Tommy c has tried to help you out but to me looks like your taking the pi$$.

#15 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

correct me if im wrong but i actually thought the first layouts were made by following lamping guides that come as part of the instruction manual for the said machine so when you load roms into the machine an engineer would have to twiddle about working the lamps accordingly to the instruction manual thats what i thought anyway . im not gonna sit on here arguing with a bunch of feckled faced ginger school kids that think they have ultimate brain power just because they can make a dx because its easy as a colouring book. you may aswell go on a layout and get its chr anyway seeing as going to be the same so how is that "stealing"? .as ive said im not taking other people layouts and releasing them as my own, please thoroughly read my posts before commenting. thanks

#16 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

I will correct you dannypyeman and say that this is not true. When a machine has it's roms put in then they just work if they was made for that machine. When we get roms for a machine and it has not been done before we don't go and get a guide for that machine (unless its needed for a spercific task) we just use the emu to play the machine untill we find the lamps + there are not that many fruit machine guieds about. If you go and get the chr from a machine thats fine didn't say anything about using the chr just the layout as a background. There is a way to find the chr if your interested, its not that easy mind and you will nead a hex editor to find it. I wish you all the luck for your layouts it's good to have new blood but just read what your saying first or you will get threads like this one.

#17 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

i,m only cleaning flyers up at the moment messing around with photoshop so well done on getting a lot further than i am at the mo just try and take their advice they know what their talking about. why not try something new whether its a classic or a dxor a classic into a dx which hasn,t been emu,ed yet there,s lots to be done then they,ll give you the credit you deserve i wish you luck
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#18 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

cheers vectra i thought it would be a good idea to try this crystal maze £10. will either do a dx or classic if can find a good flyer for it!! all i did was try the roms in another layout and i get all this abuse!!!! you can run it on a test play when completed (hopefully next week or so when got more time).

#19 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

Im sure i read somewhere that if your stuck with lamping then use a current layout to help you assign its lamps especially a newbie as theyre most likely to need help. The original layouts must have had their lamps copied from the original machine itself so in all layouts lamps will just be the same.

Doing it from fresh yeah load another layout look at it then close it and use the info for your layout thats fine. But if you load your roms into another persons layout then move the lamps round and change the fonts/text ect thats not fine thats bad :mad: if you was making a dx you can load a classic up and change the lamps in that to make the dx thats fine as long as u get the OK from the person that made the DX. We are not having a go at you just replying to what you have stated in your posts.

#20 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

mm 8 years i joined here in 2006 i made my first layout in january 2009,no'one is saying don't put the roms in another layout to test em,we are talking about using other peoples layouts by releasing em with different roms,moving lamps etc.I told you the chr on the lamps needed sorting out,thats why i mentioned trying them in a current layout,as the chr's are different for different rom revisions which you have proberbly seen for yourself,as the lamps will all be jumbled up! Also i set up a stars n stipes for you and put the reel bands in it as you said you wanted to do it,not heard anything of that one since.

there are so many machines i want to do. so while im asking for the roms for 1 machine, im asking for the symbols of another and now ive just found a nice flyer for stars and stripes along with a few other flyers for super-streak and circus 3 player to name a few. the list is endless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users