- - - - -

Stars N Stripes Vs Dennis The Menace

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_steele_*

Guest_steele_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

ok so ive got the ROMs for stars and stripes and blank MPU5 layout to start on, however i thought it would be boring to do another Stars and Stripes machine as there are already three offered to download so i had an idea, i would make a layout but give it a twist and use a dennis the menace theme to it instead,. Of course the final result will sound like stars and stripes but will have different lamps etc. i know the machine i have in mind doesnt exist out in the wild but wouldnt you feel much better playing something new for a change, so just wondered if this is allowed to upload layouts of this kind?

#2 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

Don't see the point of these made-up machines and never have. I can't see many people downloading it TBH.

You'd be better putting your efforts into emulating a proper machine.

#3 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

Don't see the point of these made-up machines and never have. I can't see many people downloading it TBH.

You'd be better putting your efforts into emulating a proper machine.

I know it's each to their own but surely someone trying is better than no-one bothering!

Just my opinion but when someone is starting out, surely they need supporting not comments like ''I can't see many people downloading it TBH''

vividfruit did his (and I know it was a sim and not an emu) and it's had 345 downloads so why shouldn't a 'Stars N Stripes/Denis The Menace' do the same?

Like I said something is better than nothing and if the guy learns stuff from doing it then why shouldn't he?

#4 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

Chasnbons i agree with you on that one, I would be one of the people who will download the Stars N Stripes/Dennis The Menace! I Wouldn't Mind Playing it, if it gets done! :)

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#5 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

I know it's each to their own but surely someone trying is better than no-one bothering!

Just my opinion but when someone is starting out, surely they need supporting not comments like ''I can't see many people downloading it TBH''

vividfruit did his (and I know it was a sim and not an emu) and it's had 345 downloads so why shouldn't a 'Stars N Stripes/Denis The Menace' do the same?

Like I said something is better than nothing and if the guy learns stuff from doing it then why shouldn't he?

The whole point of FME is to emulate 'real' machines and to preserve those machines which in years to come will no longer be around.

While i'm grateful that anyone would want to pick up the design tools, I feel that doing these pseudo DX's is a comnplete waste of time and you learn nothing by doing them. A few years back layouts like these were completely frowned upon and those releasing them came in for a bit of stick, but times change I suppose.

I agree there's very little 'if anying' new to do these days but there are plenty of DX's that are in need of a facelift. I just feel that Steele would be better attempting something like this to build his skills up. Help is always at hand, all he needs to do is ask!

I AM supporting him, but just trying to give some guidance at the same time.

#6 Guest_steele_*

Guest_steele_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

got the idea from DADs as downloaded a nice layout of "Red Hot Roll", but it was actually "Golden Keys" but done up to look like red hot roll.

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

got the idea from DADs as downloaded a nice layout of "Red Hot Roll", but it was actually "Golden Keys" but done up to look like red hot roll.

I think you totally miss the point of DADs post steele!

#8 Guest_steele_*

Guest_steele_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

was only a suggestion an idea that arose while i was on the DAD website anyway, not that ive started work on anything, but the point is that if you walked into an amusement arcade tomorrow and saw a "dennis the menace" clone of stars and stripes you will be emulating its arse off!!! nothing wrong with something different for a change, of course people will know its a done up fancy version of a machine. well anyway some people agree, some people disagree so lets just leave it at that!!

got a couple of questions reguarding making a layout

1) I have a few machines in mind that are already on here but too big for my screen so would like to emulate them smaller sized, can i take a picture of the machine then use it as a layout or do i have to download special legal ones?

2) Noticed in the downloads that you get all these types like "DX, PDX, WDX400 etc", what do these letters and numbers mean?

#9 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

http://www.fruit-emu...me-information/

A simple search of the tutorial tab explains all.

#10 Guest_steele_*

Guest_steele_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

ok done!! one more thing, ive looked through downloads and cant see anything to start on like blank layouts for each machine type, scorpion 4, mpu5, etc. do you have a file with all these in!! thanks

#11 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

The whole point of FME is to emulate 'real' machines and to preserve those machines which in years to come will no longer be around.

While i'm grateful that anyone would want to pick up the design tools, I feel that doing these pseudo DX's is a comnplete waste of time and you learn nothing by doing them. A few years back layouts like these were completely frowned upon and those releasing them came in for a bit of stick, but times change I suppose.

I agree there's very little 'if anying' new to do these days but there are plenty of DX's that are in need of a facelift. I just feel that Steele would be better attempting something like this to build his skills up. Help is always at hand, all he needs to do is ask!

I AM supporting him, but just trying to give some guidance at the same time.

I agree with what you're saying, and to be honest if you'd have written your other post like this one I probably wouldn't have passed comment.

But as it was it came across as being curt, least it did to me.

Didn't mean any offence by what I put and I hope none was taken.

#12 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

ok done!! one more thing, ive looked through downloads and cant see anything to start on like blank layouts for each machine type, scorpion 4, mpu5, etc. do you have a file with all these in!! thanks

Here you go.....

Attached File  Blank Dat Files.zip   1.95MB   2 downloads

#13 Guest_steele_*

Guest_steele_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

ok cheers mate !!!!! :jiggy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users