#22 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hi Guitar,

Thanks for the update, I have taken a look at both this video and the PYB video from the other day, particularly impressed with the PYB video which shows the mux strobing and dimming effects that you have worked hard to integrate into the emulation. I really feel this will add a new layer of realism to our layouts, and I can't wait to see what sort of DXs get produced to incorporate these new features.

I am still very much looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into it when it's released and working on the Club Bullion DX, obviously, when I saw that on the teaser video posted by Wizard/Harvey I was really gutted to see that it had already been done. There is something special about working on a 'virgin' layout, particularly for your all time favourite machine, but ho hum, after having it thrown in my face, I am now more determined than ever to give this machine a DX it deserves.

I think Project Amber as a name is fine, as we all know that name well by now ;)

Mort

#23 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

I win...

i like geddy,s the best or this one like the jurrassic park film where they find a mossie in the AMBER stuff but instead of a mossie put a fruity as cause of amber this site could evolve into something else

Edited by vectra666, 04 August 2011 - 06:54 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#24 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

my attempt lol :D

Very good i like the microchip version, If i created something like that i would want my name on it too.

:) Hold Yer Plums Or Go For The Melons :)

#25 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

sod them lot - i reckon if MAME can stand for something,SO can AMBER.... ;)

Attached Files

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#26 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

Ok, lots of replies to do as I was out of internet most of today.

Good to see some action/wip. Amber is fine, we all know it by that name too.

you must have put countless hours into this project - hows your health ?

My health is ok at the moment, although I may get a few mopre grey hairs sorting out this AY chip. Still its a learning expeience.

Heres my little attempt :)

I do like it, however that's a scorpion board not MPU4 :D

Here's my effort (tried to keep it simple).

Nice artwork there, I like neon.

Here is my pathetic attempt.

Not pathetic at all.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#27 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

Ok, lots of replies to do as I was out of internet most of today.

I do like it, however that's a scorpion board not MPU4 :D

I didn't think you'd notice once i darkened it down :D

#28 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:51 AM

Bit obvious but

Attached File  Amber.jpg   7.34KB   12 downloads
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#29 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

I am still very much looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into it when it's released and working on the Club Bullion DX, obviously, when I saw that on the teaser video posted by Wizard/Harvey I was really gutted to see that it had already been done. There is something special about working on a 'virgin' layout, particularly for your all time favourite machine, but ho hum, after having it thrown in my face, I am now more determined than ever to give this machine a DX it deserves.)

Mort

Did you ever manage to get hold of the sound ROMs for CB? I notice someone has them. :(

#30 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

Did you ever manage to get hold of the sound ROMs for CB? I notice someone has them. :(

No mate, haven't managed to source them, how do you know that someone has them ? I thought the vid was mute...

I got to say it's an even greater kick in the teeth if they do to be honest, but ho hum, I had all this happening when I worked on CCnR DX in BFeMu with ReA and DS, constant pokes to say we have stuff you don't etc, we have done the DX already in a private MFME, we have the sound ROMs you dont etc. I have never said anything about all of that before, but I have really lost all of the respect for some of the people I looked up to.

Edited by mort, 05 August 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#31 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

No mate, haven't managed to source them, how do you know that someone has them ? I thought the vid was mute...

I got to say it's an even greater kick in the teeth if they do to be honest, but ho hum, I had all this happening when I worked on CCnR DX in BFeMu with ReA and DS, constant pokes to say we have stuff you don't etc, we have done the DX already in a private MFME, we have the sound ROMs you dont etc. I have never said anything about all of that before, but I have really lost all of the respect for some of the people I looked up to.

There is sound on the vid mate,it's just very low but if you have your speakers pretty loud you can hear the machines.

#32 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

There is sound on the vid mate,it's just very low but if you have your speakers pretty loud you can hear the machines.

Thanks Tommy, do you know if the offline .mp4 file that DAD 'preserved' for us still has the sound in it ?

#33 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

Thanks Tommy, do you know if the offline .mp4 file that DAD 'preserved' for us still has the sound in it ?

Doesn't look like it :no: i just played it and nothing.But there could be in the actual video download as i aint tried that.

Edited by Tommy c, 05 August 2011 - 11:01 AM.

#34 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

Just tried with the volume full whack and it does have sound mate but not on the club bullion layout,so maybe they only have the programme roms like we do.

#35 bobbyfme

bobbyfme

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

I recently got into playing emulated fruit machines and I'm amazed at all the hard work that's gone into emulating all the different techs.

I'm also interested in the programming side as I used to be a programmer. I wrote a reasonably accurate Line Up game in Z80 assembler back in the ZX Spectrum days (was so addicted to it), not that I remember much about Z80 assembler now, but I was reasonably skilled at the time). I haven't done much programming for about 5 years but I could get back into it.

Is there much in the way of publicly available resources for starting out with FME programming? I don't know anything about it yet but I learn quickly when I have the resources to do so.

#36 djmat56

djmat56

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

I'm no graphic artist before you shoot me down in flames, can't draw for toffee....just wanted to make a contribution...all be it a piss poor one!

Attached File  amber.jpg   79.36KB   4 downloads

#37 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

Any chance someone could knock up an EMulation Unlimited logo, based loosely on the Exchanges Unlimited style?

#38 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

Something along the lines of those?

Attached Files

• Attached File  EMU1.jpg   28.92KB   15 downloads
  • Attached File  EMU.jpg   53.9KB   14 downloads

#39 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

Heres my attempt...

A piece of Amber depicting a machine held inside it in 'limbo' waiting to be bought to life as-in a real block that contains old insects.

The font used is also One I found called Amber too.

Finally the background is a print of a MPU4 board.

Attached Files

#40 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Something along the lines of those?

Oooh, very nice, any chance you could to the first one with an all black background rather than the gradient please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users