10 replies to this topic

#1 turboshandy

turboshandy

goldrushfreak

• Regulars
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

hi guys

sorry a bit off the subject of fruit machines but does anyone know if you have to pay to get into blackpool pleasure beach now or can you still just go inside and walk round and go into arcades and stuff just that ive heard rumours that you have to pay to enter even if you dont go on the rides any advice would be great as im going to blackpool in october

plus anyone know of any good pubs to go to? plus anything else worth doing while there

many thanx for any advice

best wishes to all

#2 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

As far as im aware you cant just 'go in' and walk about..each person gets a ticket that they pass through turnstiles when you get your wristband..its a bit sill really because what if you dont like going on rides and your there with your family.

Dont quote me on that however..cos any time we have went we have always paid for the 4 of us to get in..and got the wristbands..so ive never asked..i dont see why not though..cos without wristbands you cant get on any of the rides.

The arcades inside the pleasure beach are okayish...but not worth the £30 odd entrance fee to get in..youd be as well sticking to the South Shore amusments..or go a bit further up where the choice is almost unlimited.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#3 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

blackpool seems to be going right downhill,nowhere near as good as it used to be,theres a diner in one of the side streets called Mrs Tiggywinkles - you can get the biggest truck drivers breakfast you can eat for under a fiver and as tood said stick to the south shore amusements, the quality of the arcades in the pleasure beach dont justify the entrance fee

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#4 shajder

shajder

• New Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

I just came back from Blackpool a couple of hours ago.

Yes - you do have to pay just to get in and walk around the Pleasurebeach these days, but if you are thinking of doing it just for the arcades, don't bother!

The rides are just as good as I remember as I haven't been for about 3 years (got wristbands), although there are no new white knuckle rides. Looks like they spent all of their cash on the kiddies Nickelodeon area (used to be Beaver Creek). I made sure that we (me & the missus) went to the Pleasurebeach on the Friday to avoid the weekend crowds....although sods law dictated that it started raining at 10:30 (when the park opens) and didn't stop until after 2:00, so we lost a couple of hours by staying inside. After that though, it was clear blue sky, so got all the rides done at least twice. I think I've been to Blackpool over 10 times now and always mainly for the Pleasurebeach. Just as good as Alton Towers for example, but with less distance between rides and smaller queues.

Went to Coral Island and the machines were shocking. I only went on the £5 jackpot machines, but the gameplay was truly awful. Maybe I caught them at the wrong time, but didn't have much luck at all. There was a young kid in there with glasses and I could see that he has a very serious gambling problem already. It was like he was on a constant sugar rush. Was playing 2 machines at a time and watching me play and giving advice, which really p*sses me off. He was really agitated as well. He'd hear money coming out of a nearby machine and would dash over to check which machine it was. God knows where he got his money from.

Also, I saw one bloke with his girlfriend and she was clearly bored as she sat while he was pumping money into a 3-player machine. I was in there for a bit, went out for dinner and drinks with the missus, came back briefly and he was still there with her.

I'd recommend other arcades as I had more luck elsewhere, although the piers don't seem to have as many machines as they used to have.

I'd say it's not as good as it used to be...but that's probably just because I'm older now!! Always much more fun as a kid.

I'll definitely go back again though.

We didn't really go to many pubs around the town centre as usually started off in the hotel bar and ended up there later! Although Revolution was pretty good.

Have a great time in Oct - I'd go back again this year if I could.

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

i dont think theres a right time to catch a machine on 70-72% payout...

#6 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

i dont think theres a right time to catch a machine on 70-72% payout...

Not all arcades are on that low percentage,coral island run all the 25p play games and up at 88-90% as they are part of the noble org and thats their standared percentage on cat c machines.

#7 Darienne

Darienne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

As far as I remember the main pubs are "The Manchester" , "Yates", "The Dutton Arms" -- unless it has changed since I was last in the UK

Edited by Darienne, 24 July 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#8 turboshandy

turboshandy

goldrushfreak

• Regulars
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

cool many thanx for the replys guys its such a shame you have3 to pay to go in pleasure beach now :(
im sure i will have a great time anyway :)
used to love blackpool as a kid :)

#9 cainer

cainer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

""watching me play and giving advice, which really p*sses me off""

especially for you shajder :D

:p

Edited by cainer, 24 July 2011 - 11:19 PM.

#10 robertmckenzie25

robertmckenzie25

The Man

• Regulars
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

hi mate if its any help to you i was at blackpoola couple of weeks ago with the wife and the kids and yes you have to pay to get in to the pleasure beach it was £5 or they had the offer on for a wristband at £22 but do what i done and go online and try and get the vouchers you can get 2 for 1 wristbands or some do 3 for2

#11 shajder

shajder

• New Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

Nice one cainer, made me laugh! It was quite like that - "hold that", "nudge that", "take that feature", etc!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users