14 replies to this topic

#1 dannydaman9

dannydaman9

Budding poker Player

• Regulars
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

Just started working on a £5 version or Barcrest's Mega Zone

I already have the £25 version from JohnnyAFC (Thanks)

I'm starting this off as a classic so that it is lappy friendly (well should be!), Then try and hopefully move to a dx version (may need help here)

NOTE: If i am doing anything wrong, please tell me as i don't want to annoy people or get banned from this forum site.

Edited by dannydaman9, 05 July 2011 - 07:35 PM.

4051301602.png

#2 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

Its nice to see you having a go mate but I would say this is a bad idea I did it myself when I first started and got in alot of trouble if you want to do a classic thats been done at a new jackpot and stake your best bet is to start a fresh and not just change things on someone's work that how I started messing about with classics

PS I would scrap this idea unless you have asked JohnnyAFC if you can clone his work and drop me a message I will help you out with one of my Dx layouts that still need a classic and help you out step by step with what I know not that im known for classic layouts lol

Bruce

#3 dannydaman9

dannydaman9

Budding poker Player

• Regulars
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

ok. it's just i know that this only had 1 stake for the £5 version.

I understand with the taking someones work. I'll PM him to see if it's ok.

I do need a lot of help with dx'ing as my photoshop is very slow (but have a reasonable fast PC).

Thanks for getting back to me so soon

Dan
4051301602.png

#4 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

ok. it's just i know that this only had 1 stake for the £5 version.

I understand with the taking someones work. I'll PM him to see if it's ok.

I do need a lot of help with dx'ing as my photoshop is very slow (but have a reasonable fast PC).

Thanks for getting back to me so soon

Dan

I would just take this and a few other classic and Dx layouts apart try and work out how they are done but I would edit the photo here asap as most people will not like the idea of a clone layout

But we are all here to help mate you only need to ask there are some great guys on here and PM will get you a long way

#5 dannydaman9

dannydaman9

Budding poker Player

• Regulars
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

How's this?

I have moved it so that a disc reel could fit in there i.e. disc friendly (if anyone can do disc reels please let me know).

Attached Files

4051301602.png

#6 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

Im not sure disc reels work on Barcrest machines but that may have changed I aint sure

#7 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Nope no disk reels work on mpu5 machines,i wouldn't be messing with a disk reel for your first laout either bud as there a pain in the arse.

#8 ross

ross

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

dont take this the wrong way but you will learn nothing by moving around a few box's and changing some text
the best thing to do if you want to start with a classic and learn what goes into making one is starting with a rom and a blank dat
and sitting there and working out what lamps are what, what reel symbols go were and how to fix what ever errors you come across just as jafc and the like do
otherwise your just doing what anyone with a keyboard can do
like i said dont take this the wrong way im not saying this to put you off doing layouts but your going about it all wrong
pm some people sking for advice and you will get it jafc is the best classic maker IMO so a good start is nagging him :)

#9 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

How about rich geezer by bellfruit £5 jackpot,i can set the dat up for you if you like,then alls you have to do is find the lamps and what they do,then make the layout look tidy.Or if you'd rather start completley from the beginning pm me or anyone else and we will do what we can to help you.For the tidying/placement of lamps then jafc is the master at this,i'm sure he can help you out if he has the time.

#10 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

Have PM'd him, disc reels dont seem to work on mpu5 machines for some reason

I did tell him to start from scratch and use my as an example - would be easy to make mine £5 just change the win text (which would cause a back lash from members) :rolleyes:

I aint got a problem with people using mine
Posted Image

#11 dannydaman9

dannydaman9

Budding poker Player

• Regulars
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

thanks for the replies. This may sound very obvious but i find it difficult finding which lamps go where (especially if i don't know the machine itself).
Originally i wanted to start off just releasing something that was a different JP to another version of the machine.

I also do have another project thats ongoing atm (money spinner £250), however i just wanted to freshen up with moving things around and releasing something that people would enjoy.

The disc reel i was unsure about so i made a space if in the future they can be created for the machine.

I am away as of tomorrow (sonisphere), and my plan was to start again with releasing machines (especially money spinner). I've had a load of **** at home recently as i am still struggling to get a job (apparently i'm inexperienced :( ) so there has been obstacles in the past few months.

If it's ok with people and jafc, can i release the classic as it is done. As i had a few probs changing the text and i thought people wouldn't want the hastle of changing the things themselves (this was my original intention). This WILL NOT be done if there is gonna be conflict with the other members as like i said i don't want to annoy people (thats the last thing i want to do!).

Thanks

Dan

EDIT: Not my best 100th Post! But i got there!

Edited by dannydaman9, 06 July 2011 - 08:33 AM.

4051301602.png

#12 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

If you want to release it, I have no problem with it

Most of my classic i have no idea where lamps go esp with no artwork - easy way with mpu5/s4 TEST MODE - lamp test gives all you need to know apart from mpu5 (Hey check it out - lamp - hey check it out - lamp) its a ballache :realmad:
Posted Image

#13 dannydaman9

dannydaman9

Budding poker Player

• Regulars
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

If you want to release it, I have no problem with it

Most of my classic i have no idea where lamps go esp with no artwork - easy way with mpu5/s4 TEST MODE - lamp test gives all you need to know apart from mpu5 (Hey check it out - lamp - hey check it out - lamp) its a ballache :realmad:

ty jafc

I suppose there is a way of forcing the errors so that you could see the lamp?
4051301602.png

#14 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

You can do it in test mode it shows which lamp is what and what it is on the alpha display - just takes a while on mpu5 machines cause there is no way to speed it up or scroll through them like s4
Posted Image

#15 dannydaman9

dannydaman9

Budding poker Player

• Regulars
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

ah ok i'll give that a play with (will probs b pullin ma hair out later tho!!!)
4051301602.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users