347 replies to this topic

#81 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

A nice little poem that has been made - especially for me! 

My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke
or when I'm 'here' I'm wondering
If I really should be 'there'
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
Say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.

At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, 'who the hell was that?
Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

Aren’t they nice to me?! :p lol

i love it that is wicked but in the nice way ;)

#82 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

That sounds like a poem about me too. I'm forgetful too sometimes I worry about going places on how to get there even though I've been dozens of times I go back and check I've locked the door which I have then get into the car again and think 'have I really locked the door', I think I maybe losing it slowly. Hopefully very slowly.
Take care. Daryl.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#83 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Quite some worrying news this.... despite all what the PM said about help for people with Alzheimer's disease.

http://www.alzheimer...php?newsID=1508

...best enjoy myself whilst I can then! ;) lol
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#84 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

I saw this and thought of you mate. Alzheimer's is now in my supported charities list and has been for over a year now. My others are air ambulance, the RNLI and greyhound rescue west of England in case anyone is interested.

Anyway back to the article, yes mate, you grab life by the balls and enjoy every moment whilst you can. I think the reality is you have to die of something and I suspect the figures are that the survival rates for the other higher placed conditions have improved more than Alzheimers, sadly. Have to say though, the way you raise awareness through these forums is brilliant.

Gazza

EDIT re the dieing comment, didn't mean it badly, though re-reading it, it could be read that way. I meant that the reality is that something gets everyone in the end and the other things ave improved their survival rates.

Edited by barcrest junky, 05 March 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#85 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Gazza

EDIT re the dieing comment, didn't mean it badly, though re-reading it, it could be read that way. I meant that the reality is that something gets everyone in the end and the other things ave improved their survival rates.

I never read it like that at all Gary mate, because I know you would never mean it like that :)

Because my illness has no cure to its condition, I am assuming that is why it has the highest mortality rate… once the damage has started to occur to the brain, it isn’t like any other organ that can be manipulated with medical intervention.

Sad but true - but I have learned to accept and live - and die - by it! :)

All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#86 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

got on bus home behind two lots of pushchairs Wednesday. There was a wheelchair on bus parked in one buggy bay. I had to stand behind the women trying to get their pushchairs into the buggy bay, when bus pulls off and I fall back into bus doors (thank goodness they were shut).

A young lad from middle of bus had to come and help me up because I had my stick in one hand and shopping in other. The bus driver asks if I’m OK - I tell him of my conditions, and one of young women with the pushchairs says: “well you shouldn’t be on bus on your own then”!

The difference between some young people… meaning the young lad who helped me up and the young woman who more or less said I wasn’t fit to be on my own - unbelievable!

Isn’t it sad that the women should think I am a freak, but the lad came straight up and seen if I was alright? I couldn’t even get to a seat, and I wouldn’t have fallen backwards if the women hadn’t been stuck in the aisle making sure they were OK parking their buggies - even though one of them should’ve been folded down because of the overcrowded buggy bays!

Apart from an embarrassed feeling, then anger at the remarks, I am OK - just gobsmacked at the rudeness of some of the younger generation, but the generosity of the same generation too… thank goodness I can’t begin to work it out! ;)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#87 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Those baby buggies are a pain in arse on buses, especially round our way where I live just before the entrance to one of the biggest chav council estates in Cheltenham. They get on the bus, block the way with the bloody things and invariably the 2 year old has a maccie d's meal they are half way through that stinks the bus out.

Glad to hear you are OK mate and glad there are some youngsters out there with some humanity.

bj

#88 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

...and a big Thank You To everyone here who has been supporting my Mam and I on our journey with this condition...

...we will not win the War - but we'll give it. Bloody good battle!

Attached File  image.jpg   64.83KB   2 downloads

Thank you my friends and members here at Fruit Emu - your support means everything to me! :)

Take care Daryl
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#89 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

...and a big Thank You To everyone here who has been supporting my Mam and I on our journey with this condition...
...we will not win the War - but we'll give it. Bloody good battle!
image.jpg
Thank you my friends and members here at Fruit Emu - your support means everything to me! :)
Take care Daryl

You get wonderful organisations like the above... then it is all let down by the official bodies, who are supposed to give people the care they need!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/n...health-21747049
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#90 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hope you,re ok after your ordeal last week, the bus driver shouldn't of pulled off till you were safely either standing or sitting personally I don't think people should be standing on buses as its very dangerous and overcrowding, would you have 4people sitting and 4 standing up in a car nah!!!. And to barcrest I think I know where you mean as in the chav estate, is it left past GCHQ going towards cheltenham racecourse.
As for that woman or chavette, she probably doesn't care for herself let alone others. Even my partner experiences the 'don't give a shit' attitude when she's out with the pushchair people young or old shut the doors in front of her or cut her up walking. And the prick living underneath us he's just as bad the school has giving out passes so you park your car in the town car park to avoid blocking the road up etc, yet he's still to lazy and parks where he feels, double yellow lines on speed humps on the pavement yet if you confront him, he'll just give lip back. They're that low his other half was caught Nicking from a charity shop so it gives gob then smashes the shop window, how low can you get. The problem with todays society is some don't give a shit unfortunately its only gonna get worse, I feel sorry for my kids, what's it gonna be like when they're adults
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#91 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Daryl, talking of official bodies not giving people the care they need.

Down the road from me is a private contractor working for the Dept for Work and Pensions. They assess whether disabled people are fit for work, or what kind of benefit they are entitled to. OK. These people are mainly disabled (wheelchair, walking sticks and such).

The office is on the second floor!! Use the lift then you say, well normally yes.

In the event of an emergency people who visit the building are told they must make their own way down the stairs as the lifts would be out of use.

So there you have it,  if they can't get it right there's not much hope.

On a more positive note, my M8 with MS use to take his buggy on the bus and travel all over the place with no problem. It was mainly due to the 1. The Buses. 2. The Drivers. 3 The Bus company.

Just need to educate the passengers!!!!!!

#92 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

I have received a letter today from British Gas, stating that I qualify for the government's Warm Home Discount scheme with their company.

I have got to take the letter, along with some ID, which I have, to the post office and they will credit my electric key with £130.00. It has come as quite a shock, as I didn't realise that I had applied, or indeed enquired about this... but it is a lovely shock, and will certainly come in handy, especially as the weather is still cold on this official first day of spring!

It means I can now channel spending more money on my gas a little more and have the central heating on more often, instead of just the electric fire! :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#93 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Well, after over a year of having to cope with my own conditions, besides having to visit at four/five times a week to my Mam and stepfathers home to give them medications that their carers can't give them... we have finally been able to them into respite care for four weeks. It will be a very welcome break, as I can now actually visit them as a son, and not as a carer.

Their flat is being renovatd by the local housing association, and it will take a least a month for it to be completely done, so the respite care has made things right for all concerned.

It will also give me a desperately needed rest, and I shall be able to recharge my batteries and hopefully be good to go when they are let back to their home.

I have also had a visit last week from my Social Worker, who has gone through my details and was a good listener.

She has recommended that I to have some kind of respite care each year, to give me a complete break from my environment, and help me to react with other people in care at my age with my conditions.

Something I certainly will look forward too! :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#94 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

I have just updated my website.

It is now smartphone, tablet and device-friendly, as I have just spent two hours adjusting the size content of the pages, adjusting images, text, and adding pages of interest from my old website, linking them to my new domain.

It has all my latest news on my Alzheimer's Disease and Parkinson's Disease as well as other events (quite a piece added today ;)) - and it helps me keep my mind active, keeping everyone informed.

Here's the link: www.daryllees.co.uk

...hope you enjoy! :)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#95 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

I will enjoy having a read of it later today as I always do Daryl :)

#96 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

I have received my Alzheimer's Team wristbands today through the post, which I will share with my Mam and other family members.

As you can see...

Attached File  image.jpg   145.48KB   3 downloads

...I'm wearing mine with great pride! :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#97 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Ive been reading some stuff as this will affect more and more people due to are very high protein intake , so as a preventative measure you can cut down on meat protein intake  and even fast for 24/48 hours where you can eat but must not consume any protein (easier said than done) but it can be done .

As for treating the disease there is not much but again fasting from protein puts the body into "repair mode" in this mode it also fights cancer very successfully and also creates new brain cells  , when we have high protien are body goes into "overdrive mode " which means that the body just copies and pastes new cells instead of checking them first , so most cancers rise can be tied in with our modern diets , not all but a lot 

There is also some research into LSD / physilophyden  "magic mushrooms"  now this research is old and discontinued due to people getting enjoyment from a drug pfff anyway my point is if your brain is on its way out a little LSD can't hurt it has no neurotoxins  and is believed in some circles that it was the key to modern thinking human brains or it helped expand the human mind , but whatever imo its worth a try it cant make it worst 

now a lot will say WTF are you on about and you might be correct but like I say with 0 options all options are viable imo 

Also please dont consider this drug bad it has shown great promise in treating severe depression and alcoholism as well as schizophrenia

Edited by policematrix, 10 April 2013 - 08:02 AM.

hand-drawn-animated-gifs-dain-fagerholm-

#98 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Ive been reading some stuff as this will affect more and more people due to are very high protein intake , so as a preventative measure you can cut down on meat protein intake  and even fast for 24/48 hours where you can eat but must not consume any protein (easier said than done) but it can be done .
As for treating the disease there is not much but again fasting from protein puts the body into "repair mode" in this mode it also fights cancer very successfully and also creates new brain cells  , when we have high protien are body goes into "overdrive mode " which means that the body just copies and pastes new cells instead of checking them first , so most cancers rise can be tied in with our modern diets , not all but a lot 
There is also some research into LSD / physilophyden  "magic mushrooms"  now this research is old and discontinued due to people getting enjoyment from a drug pfff anyway my point is if your brain is on its way out a little LSD can't hurt it has no neurotoxins  and is believed in some circles that it was the key to modern thinking human brains or it helped expand the human mind , but whatever imo its worth a try it cant make it worst 
now a lot will say WTF are you on about and you might be correct but like I say with 0 options all options are viable imo 

Also please dont consider this drug bad it has shown great promise in treating severe depression and alcoholism as well as schizophrenia

Thank you for the info - it is appreciated, albeit in an unconventional way of helping to cope with my progressing condition.

As you say, there is no cure, and I have come to terms and accepted that a long time ago. I live each day, day by day, if you understand what I mean, because I don't know what each day will bring.

I AM already on a lot of medications now... and they have had to be put into blister packs for me on a weekly basis, with pouches for each days medications. I have timers and alarms go off to remind me to take these meds in the medipacks... I don't see that my family would, or I would want them to, give me LSD or magic mushrooms for my condition.

When I was younger, I did 'experiment' shall we say, in alternative recreational drugs... but now I AM older, and very much wiser, I would like to think that I had passed that stage of my life now... and would sooner go into gaga land with the illness, and no help from other drugs to get me there.

Your concern and appreciation are recognised though PM, and thank you for the write up... which has been intelligently written. :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#99 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

well ok but consider the fasting , like I said your body has 2 modes 1 is full of food and no need to hunt , the other is starving and survival , like i said your body changes what it prioritises , so when full of protein it thinks ok no need to worry time to copy some cells and do it fast before the protein runs out , because in our natural state we are wild and would hunt most the time eating vegetables and berries and such like meat protein would have been a rare thing well rare compared to todays standard , so thats why the body goes into quick mode , now this is fine so long as it has slow mode or repair mode , in this state the body starts to look for illness and bad cells disease etc anything that could stop you finding food and fixes it , it also starts producing new brain cells and new connections in the brain this again is to assist in the hunt for food , now the research is new  but studies on rats have shown massive improvements 

in 1 example two rats who have the alzheimers disease 1 is fed the equivalent of mcdonalds every day the other a healthy balanced diet with 2 day fasts with no food , the first mouse we'll call him mc mouse  developed the disease at 35 in equivalent human years the healthy rat did not show any signs until well into its 90s in human years , as for effecting the condition in your case it could help to slow it right down , now i appreciate your not going to take the word of a half stoned pot head on a fruit machine forum over educated doctors advice , but its something you could try hell its something we all could try , the guy in the documentary at the start was set to be on loads of pills a day for his heart etc but after the fasting from protein his doc said there was no need for them (it was around a month later) .

so theoretically you can eat as you like then fast for 2 days and you will still see the benefit but I imagine a better way is to try and cut down on animal proteins in general and try and fast also

The lsd thing is my own thinking really its what i would do if i was you or in your position , I would talk with my hippy friends and get some powerful lsd trips and somehow try and fight the disease it may make it worst idk but if i get a pain in my head i hit myself in the head lol its how i deal with stuff but the protein advice is well worth a try    

hand-drawn-animated-gifs-dain-fagerholm-

#100 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

I have had a telephone call from my Social Worker today, telling me that I AM going into respite care for a couple of week from the 10 May... the bloke from the care home has just telephoned me to confirm meeting tomorrow morning.

I AM now having the same care as what I have struggled so long for to get for my Mam and stepdad - a consequence of showing how tired, rundown and confused I AM getting of late... along with the constant struggle to cope with my Parkinson's Disease too.

Goodness, I sound like an hypercondriac don't I reading that back... Believe me, I'm not - I've always got on with things, but I AM getting a little tired now and the confusion states make it a little more difficult to cope on a day-to-day basis.

But I'm still here, and hopefully will be for quite some time to come! :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users