• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 11:00 AM

I was wondering if anybody was going to take on the MPu5 Project because all machines nowdays are MPU5 and if a person was to crack the MPU5 code and encyption that person would go down in history. is anybody planning to take on this big project?

While we are on this subject how long will it be for scorpien 4 to be cracked?

#2 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:28 PM

There are still many techs unemulated, and given the number of machines available for them that are left to be able to get resources from it can be argued that they are far more worthy to emulate than MPU5.

To be honest, after the IMPACT situation only a fool would take on and release an emulator for a new technology like MPU5 or Scorpion 4.

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2003 - 04:19 PM

WHY?

#4 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 05:55 PM

Because i don't think the companies would be best please, and it caused all the issues with the emu authors.

#5 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 12:21 PM

What happend with the impact situation?

#6 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:36 PM

An emulator was released for the IMPACT platform which as you probably know is JPeMu. This was capable of running machines that were still being newly released. For this reason various safeguards were put in place to stop the emulator being abused by players who purely wanted to use it to suss out emptiers for brand new machines.

These safeguards were initially accepted but over time people got more and more restless until the whole thing blew up like a volcano and the development copy of the emulator was released by Alex Maroney on a public website (a name that seems to crop up whenever there is an incident to be honest). As a result of this incident (this is the primary reason I understand) the developers of MFME and JPeMu have decided that they will not release any updates in future and the author of JPeMu pulled all support for existing versions and stated clearly on Poundrun that they should be removed from all websites as of a particular date (which has now long passed).

This also appears to have denied everyone the chance of playing machines on other technologies such as MPS2.

There are reams of posts about these incidents on FME forums. Unfortunately the FME scene is incredibly volatile and seems hell bent on destroying its own future however it can.

The lack of respect for one another in this scene is quite unlike anything I have ever experienced. Thankfully these forums are quite sedate at the moment.

If a new coder walks in now, reads the history and then decides that coding a new emulator is a good thing, I wish them the very very best of luck, they are certainly going to need it!

#7 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for informing me justinfo

#8 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts