54 replies to this topic

#41 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:00 PM

I
i would recommend chewing gum in the d coin slot, popping off the buttons and bulbs, pissing or preferably ripping off the cash tray to extract maximum value from the arcade, a token flob over the front is also a suitable parting gesture

That justs makes you a massive tosser in my eye's..

The next player comes along totally innocently collects a quid and has to get your pathitic 'joke' all on him........

as said PATHETIC

#42 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:27 PM

yeah lets f*** up a machine because we were stupid enough to put £75 in a fruit machine.

duh

baz

#43 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:42 PM

yeah lets fuck up a machine because we were stupid enough to put £75 in a fruit machine.

duh

baz

I have lost much more than that on occassions Baz, and you are right i'm 'stupid enough' even 'addiction' springs to mind......

Before anybody goes for Baz's ball's...read his reply first...it's not a direct hit we are twats......just the Trashing the machine is the stupid bit!

#44 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:53 PM

exactly.

i've lost more than 75 quid myself but the machine isn't to blame.

baz

#45 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:28 PM

Hi all

I can honestly say i have never been ripped off in an arcade as if i have a big bank I will allways call over some one to witness it, and when the machine has paid short then I have allways been paid on the spot no questions asked, nealry all arcades now will have notices either on the wall or stuck on the machines requesting that you get wins over X pounds witnessed, if you choose not to and thay wont pay you then its your own fault, I dont go in pubs often and if i do i tend to avoid the bandits any way, I tend not to play in service stations other than may be the odd pound while waiting for the other half to come out of the toilet, ect. I like to know if i am lucky enought to have a big win then there is someone who can be there to check my payout and give me the dosh if it dont come out, I had an expreaince about 6 months ago in a local arcade, I was playing the original party time multi player on 10p/£5, i amassed a bank of £30 got the guy over to check my payout the £1 hopper either jammed or emptied and the thing switched over to 10p payout that ran empty with over £10 left to pay, thay gave me all my cash in crisp £10 notes, good customer service and no hassles result one happy customer who will return and play there again knowing if there is a fault it will be corrected. Arcades and there operators must come in to the real world thay are a customer service industry, if thay give good service thay will get customers coming back to play, if thay dont then word will get round and players will vote with there feet, even if your an addicted you want to at least know you will be treated fair if anything goes wrong.

Cliff C

#46 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

This reminds me of that recent thread where someone had smashed the glass of a machine.

The people that point-blank refused to have any addiction thought it was a cool thing to do, smash a piece of glass like that, whereas those, who acknowlege a problem (such as myself previously), can accept a loss and look back at how stupid it was to play them at all.

By using the 'machine smashing' rationale, we can punch a barman in the face because another companies beer wasn't up to scratch.

I hope someone sees the relevance of my above couple of lines. A machine can play badly for any number of reasons - but to physically damage a machine is what a cowardly moron, who can't accept an addiction, would do.

Don't lower yourself to that level.

If you seriously want to do that sort of damage to a machine simply because you lost, feel free to let me know by PM, get in touch with Gamblers Anonymous, GamCare, e.t.c.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#47 Nudgeman

Nudgeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:44 PM

I've been fairly lucky on short payouts. Leisure Link have nearly always paid me out, the only time I've been short shrifted was at Leicester Forest East. A power cut abruptly halted my play whilst I had £7 in bank and was on tehboard, with £3 to collect. I accepted my £3 loss as that 'board' was gone. However I filed a claim for £7 which never came.
I should have insisted on flickng the switch, so the Elegance cab didn't come back on when power was renewed, spew out my coins for some random to scoop up joyously.

Apart from that I've been fairly lucky.

Big chain pubs, Spoons, Lloyds no1 e.t.c all been fine on payouts. Even a couple of free houses. Only been ripped off once.

The Fletch on the A45, Coventry. Used to have aTen out of Ten. Won £10 on it. Didn't pay (alarmed). Went back next week and was fobbed off with 'the engineer hasn't been out yet'. There was a different machine there. Engineer hasn't been out yet my arse. The week after that there was a police raid on the pub and it was shut down - apparently this guy was some sort of drug dealer. The pub re-opened with a new Asian Landlord who was a lot less drugdealerish.
Never knew what happenned to 'Geoffrey Boycott' for that was the fat drug dealing Yourkshire gits name. Probably inside as we speak, not surprising I didn't get my tenner.
Still apart from that, oh yeah and Holland Park Leicester owes me a tenner. My poker tournament is starting so bye!
@_!!

#48 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:25 PM

I went to my local takeaway last night and saw some bloke playing a machine called carry on screaming. It was a 10p a go, £5 jackpot. It was full as the person that was playing it did not know what they were doing and he lost £30. Me thinking cool he just put £30 in without the jackpot i might win big. So I put in £50 and still no jackpot or even a win over £1.60. Then i noticed that the hi/lo button on the feature bord was not working. When u get three watts on winline u open a feature board with two lots of hi/lo the hi/lo on the left was not working. I told the kebabman that the button was not working and he said it had been like that for months. Then when i went to collect £4 the collect button was not working either. I had to wait for it to time out and it then spun a ? and killed me. Could some one tell me if it is legal for them not to maintain their machines. Thanks

#49 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

they shouldn't have it switched on.

if there is no stickers advertising a company that supplies the machine then they may have bought it.

if they have bought it then it will be on the lowest % and they wont care if its working or not as it will cost them money to get an engineer.

my advice to anyone who plays a machine in a takeaway is press each of the buttons to make sure they click before putting money into it.

the kebab shop owners really wont give a shit if you lose money.

baz

#50 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:37 PM

When are 5/10p machines going to be pulled from takeaways?
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#51 Jimbob219

Jimbob219

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:44 PM

I suppose the lesser gambler would only play the 10p play £5/£8 jp. But the more aggresive gambler would perhaps play a 20p/25p/30p play and £15/£25 jp.

I don't know what kebab shop owners are aiming for, I suppose it could only be the lesser gambler that would stick the odd couple of pounds in a machine while he waits for his kebab. Also I think I heard somewhere that kebab shops aren't licensed to have £15/£25 jp machines, but I also heard that their not licensed to have £5/£8 jp machines either. My conclusion is that kebab shops are only allowed to have £5/£8 jp machines and also it will be good for the lesser gambler to have 20 spins or 10 spins for his pound then having 4 or 5. That's my opinion, no doubt some people won't agree!

Why people would want to rip these people off I have no idea.

Jimbob

#52 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

sooner the better in my opinion but its not gone through yet.

baz

#53 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

I asked the kebabman and he said that the machine was rented from a local company. I want to fuc* up the machine as it is fuc*ed anyways so i might do the super glue trick with some 10p's and a couple of £1 coins. Might teach them a lesson.

#54 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:42 PM

I got my own back on butlins in skegnes some years ago with this. i was ripped of by a pot of gold machine so when i foud this it made my year. u can try it on the BFMulator as it works on that too. all u need do is..........

When ur on the feature game collect any nudges that are worth more than £5 and as soon as u collect it click on project and then reset machine as fast as u can before all ur money is put into ur win bank but wait for it to start putting it in the win bank first. If u did it right u should see something like £3.50, £4.10 or any win with a odd number on the end. when u have used all ur credits and collect ur winings look at what happens. i made a mint with this some years back in skegnes as they had 12 spotted dicks in a line in there arcade.

#55 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:47 PM

I got my own back on butlins in skegnes some years ago with this. i was ripped of by a pot of gold machine so when i foud this it made my year. u can try it on the BFMulator as it works on that too. all u need do is..........

When ur on the feature game collect any nudges that are worth more than £5 and as soon as u collect it click on project and then reset machine as fast as u can before all ur money is put into ur win bank but wait for it to start putting it in the win bank first. If u did it right u should see something like £3.50, £4.10 or any win with a odd number on the end. when u have used all ur credits and collect ur winings look at what happens. i made a mint with this some years back in skegnes as they had 12 spotted dicks in a line in there arcade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users