Photo
- - - - -

its said the roms are from the machine and should then......

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnblack_uk

johnblack_uk

MaDman!

• New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:53 PM

should play exactually like the machine, put the one i can say does not is monopoly i used to play that all the time in the arcade and on emu it does not play at all like the real thing. playd it for days and have not got a skill once. i must say getting super taxed at the end is the same, but u dont get sent to jail as much on the emu either.

#2 Wozza

Wozza

Advanced Member

• Gold Supporters
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:58 PM

There are no guarantees on the emulation front, although they are the identical roms from the machine, the way they are emulated is done by the emulation author, although this should be as close to the real thing as possible there my be slight differences. If the game does not play as you remmember it, it may also be due to the DIP settings (Arcade/Pub) also the ROMS may be a different version (if a emptier was found for example).

Hope this clarifys things a little

Wozza
Wozza

#3 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:22 PM

Just to add, the most likely cause of what you are experiencing is that you remember playing an earlier/later chip revision that was more generous on the skills.

Almost all machines have multiple chip revisions, usually getting worse to play the higher the revision (but not always). Frequency of skills is often something cut on later chips if players are "over-using" it.

#4 johnblack_uk

johnblack_uk

MaDman!

• New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:37 PM

thanks for explaing it Wozza & JustInfo apresheate it, time to watch t3 just finished downloading took long enough on 56k :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users