• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 Lewis777

Lewis777

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:47 AM

So who are you backing to win ?

I reckon Holland can do it & may i bask in smugness if my prediction is correct.

If not i will go back in my corner & face the wall in silence.

#2 Absolution

Absolution

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:05 AM

bah, how dare you mention anyone but England!!!!!!!!! :wink:

but seriously, lots of teams have a chance for once, personally, I think any 1 from at least 6 can win it (Us, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France or even Holland), most open Euro for a while...

and oh yeah..

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 11:35 AM

I'll be cheering england but im sorta torn on which team to support on sunday Its England vs Arsenal...............
N/A

#4 hurtand165

hurtand165

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 11:57 AM

Its England vs Arsenal

it does seem that way.

i will be backing england all the way.

as long as the sodding germans lose i am happy, england winning will be an unbelievable bonus though.

hurtand165

p.s ENGLAND RULE!!!

#5 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:55 PM

Awch away n f*** yer England. I think you lot forget that in modern day European Championships England have NEVER, repeat NEVER got past the Group Stage on foreign soil. Im not saying that you won't get out your group, just that you won't win it. This team lacks the talent that previous teams (namely Euro '96) had. I know Scotland are shite, but England aren't much better. You all know that Germany will knock you out in the Semis on penalties :wink: LOL

I actually don't care who wins - as long as its NOT England!! :D :D :D

#6 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 07:45 PM

I know Scotland are shite, but England aren't much better.

Scotland has a football team? Thats a new one on me. lol

Seriously though now. It was mentioned many years ago that rather than the UK having England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all seeking individual glory, a United Kingdom team comprising the best players of all 4 of the above nations would be a force to be reckoned with. Admittedly it was a good 15 years ago but does anyone reckon that a combined UK team would do any better than all 4 teams as individuals?

Compost
Posted Image

#7 SAS

SAS

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:13 PM

COME ON FRANCE BEAT THE ENGLISH ON SUNDAY!!!!!

#8 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:15 PM

I know Scotland are shite' date=' but England aren't much better.[/quote']

Scotland has a football team? Thats a new one on me. lol

Seriously though now. It was mentioned many years ago that rather than the UK having England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all seeking individual glory, a United Kingdom team comprising the best players of all 4 of the above nations would be a force to be reckoned with. Admittedly it was a good 15 years ago but does anyone reckon that a combined UK team would do any better than all 4 teams as individuals?

Compost

How many players from the other home nations would get into the current england side?

I'd only take one, Damien Duff would sort out Englands trouble left midfield spot. That's about it really, others that might get a sniff if there were a lot of injuries would be Giggs, Bellamy, and both the Keanes but only Duff would get a starting place at the expense of Scholes.

Pook

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#9 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:17 PM

[/size]

And there was me hoping that UEFA would kick out the Ruskies to let you lot in, every tournament needs it's whipping boys. :lol:

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#10 SAS

SAS

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:19 PM

PITY THERE GONNA GET KNOCKED OUT OF THE GROUP STAGE, WHERE WOULD THEY BE WITHOUT BECKHAM ONE MAN TEAM :twisted: :twisted:

#11 Irvster

Irvster

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:17 PM

I cant believe the pessimism...we have a team capable of beating anyone...admittedly we usually lose but have you noticed it is always to the eventual winners!!

COME ON BECKS,GERRARD,ROONEY,OWEN,LAMPARD,TERRY,CAMPBELL,NEVILLE,COLE, i know i have forgot 1 CALAMITY JAMES WAS DELIBERATELY FORGOTTEN

Irvster '04'
"Ya wanna hold all 3 mate, press cancel, hold em all again, cancel and ,.....well you should get JP!!!"Posted Image
Posted Image
WE WERE THE CHAMPIONS........CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE....'5'......!!

#12 SAS

SAS

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:24 PM

LOL THE LOVE OF FOOTBALL HEY :) :)

#13 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 11:59 PM

Heres hoping for a most entertaining and exciting 2 weeks of good football and may the best team win (as long as its not england ;) )
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#14 hurtand165

hurtand165

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 09:06 AM

compost, i bet a uk team would be a force to reckon with, but the whole point of seperate teams is national pride and if we had a unified uk team that would be reduced (for me anyway). the thing is i am ENGLISH not scottish irish or welsh.

pook, about giggs, he is qualified at the moment to play in the english team but choose to play for the welsh. i can only think he choose to play for wales because he likes to watch these tournaments with his feet up at home. but seriously i think one of his parents is english and one is welsh and he just choose the welsh team.

hurtand165

#15 Monopoly60v8

Monopoly60v8

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:11 AM

When English people start to criticising Wales & Scotland & Northern Ireland, just remember the populations:

England: 50,000,000+
Scotland: 5,000,000
Wales: 3,000,000
N.Ireland: 1,600,000

English aren't better footballers at all, you just have such a hugh selection of players, by the law of average you'll always have a better team.

England should be 10 times better than scotland, 16 times better than Wales and 31 times better than Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland went over 1000 minutes without scoring, but remember we did get a 0-0 draw against Spain (Who are one of the favorites). I don't think England could manage that with 1/31 of your team. :wink: Also we produced one of the greatest footballers of all time 'George Best'. Now when England produce 31 footballers with the equivalent talent that George Best had, then we can call it evens. :wink:

With a 50,000,000+ population, Englands overall standard of football is so low it's laughable.

#16 SAS

SAS

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:52 PM

COME ON FRANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:54 PM

Come On England!!!!

#18 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:11 PM

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:14 PM

Allez France

Vive Bobby Barthez

Vive Zinadene Zidane

'Nuff Said

(f***in up ye ya shower of shite. Blame Beckham again)

#20 Monopoly60v8

Monopoly60v8

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:15 PM

:p

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users