#1 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:02 PM

Ok, before I start, I'd better clear a few things up :

a) Yes, Big Brother is an MPU5 machine. However, it uses the ROMs from Psycho Cash Beast, which were released by Barcrest in the form of MPU4 ROMs for Global, for the machine Bangin Away [and Cash Strike by Empire?]

B) From the above I hope its clear that the machine will not use the Big Brother ROMs, but those of an MPU4 clone called Bangin Away. The only reel difference is the Sound, which will be TOTALLY different, and so you may want to have your speakers off unless you mind speech such as 'My look at his chopper!' coming out of the speakers :D

c) HWDX [sorry, put P in the thread title!] - Hybrid as although the graphics are Big Brother, the ROMs are not. Windowed as it comes with Side Art, and in a form where the machine has the 'correct' proportions......those of you who played the old DXs will know that the machine was stretched to fill the whole screen which was a little disorientating :)...and as always DX means using artwork rather than a classic, which looks like all of my VB software I made at college :o

For those that are still conscious after all that :

I cocked up a little earlier....by that I mean I jumped off the comp to go to the pub, and 'accidently' closed photoshop - I thought that clicking NO in the subsequent box would mean 'no, don't close me!' - unfortunaltely it meant 'no - don't save!!'

So I pretty much lost a couple of hours work, hence there is no screenshot up at the mo. Don't worry, I have a good 10 days off college now, in which I will do SOME layout designing [yes Ady et.al, I will be revising aswell :p]...and I will have a WIP screen up later today (Tues 1st June].

Just felt as though I should write this to let people know that the project is going ahead, and, to be honest, I'm enjoying making it :)

Except when I forget to save my work, that is :)

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#2 george999

george999

• New Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:44 AM

can't wait barcrest :D

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 01:46 PM

:roll: But isn't that MPU5?????

Sorry BB I just HAD to do it mate....... ;)

#4 SAS

SAS

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:02 PM

Looking forward to it bb, get to work 8O and release the baby :D :D

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:43 PM

Lol, I'm thinking I may release several versions of this, all based on by base artwork.

I was thinking that it would be interesting to quite highly darken the 'rooms' on the front glass, while only slightly darkening the rest of the machine. Main reason is that the lines + arrows have come out pretty well, and most machines are so dark that I haven't a clue of whats going on :)

I'll have some pics up later on [probably about 7ish?] showing you what I mean, so I can gauge peoples reactions :)

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#6 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:23 PM

Quick piccy showing the machine in a darkened form using the my first style of this layout - basically everything except the cabinet and coin coinslot are darkened....

I'll see how much more I can get done, although I'm off for a meal at 7:30 so only another 105 mins left :)

Only bits left to change on this before lamping will be :

Addition of Side Art,
Removing 1 Chicken [It appears that Bangin Away only has 5 possible bonuses!]
General tidying, i.e the £6/£8 values on the Prize decal - at least the right values are on there now :)

...and anything else that I feel needs to be changed.

Any recommendations? Just reply to this post :)

EDIT] Just realised, its actually an HWDX, not a PWDX - that'll teach me to post at midnight :)

BarcrestBenito

Attached Files

Ben

#7 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

Looking great BB

Hope to see the 1024 soon ;)

#8 SAS

SAS

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:46 PM

NICE ART WORK M8, MAKE IT CRISP BUDDY :D :D

#9 ricki

ricki

• New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:45 PM

looking puka
when do you think it will be ready for testing and released

#10 Guest_madman_*

Guest_madman_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:58 PM

m no screenies yet..........
sounds good though m8

#11 george999

george999

• New Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:16 PM

what do you mean no screenies yet..? theres one on barcrestbenito's last post

#12 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:34 AM

Latest WIP shot showing how the lamping is going, I'm trying to improve my lamping with every release, hopefully this looks ok to most people :)

I'll lamp the 'Start/Gamble' button in the 'Disco' style, although I'm not sure if it will flash, it will add a little realism.

Any ideas from anyone?

Oh, if anyone is interested in playtesting this [which will probably be tomorrow], just chuck a PM my way :)

BarcrestBenito

Attached Files

Ben

#13 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:42 AM

This is looking great BB , You have def improved on your lamping this looks so relistic

Nice one ;)

#14 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:21 PM

This'll be the last WIP before Playtesting methinks -

Haven't masked off yet so theres some overlapping, and theres no reels as of yet, but overall I think its coming together fine :)

If anybody wants any changes this is your last chance - until I release my other versions that is :)

BTW, the JPEGging of this picture is the reason for the text to be a bit unclear, it looks fine IMHO on the layout :)

BarcrestBenito

Attached Files

Ben

#15 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 03:41 PM

Gets better everytime you post a WIP BB

Nice One

That the 1280 or the 1024?

#16 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 04:51 PM

'Tis the 1280, I'll have a 1024 out tomorrow, and may have the 1280 ready for tonight. I'll playtest the 1280 myself [don't worry, I'll do it properly!]

I'd still like some people to playtest the 1024 though, as I can't be bothered to change by resolution :)

BarcrestBenito
Ben

#17 senorcox

senorcox

• New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:24 PM

Very nice work BB. You all never cease to amaze me with the high quality work that you put out.

SenorCox

#18 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:23 PM

.....Cheers Senorcox, always nice to hear one of the 19000 members actually say something :)

Big Brother will be released at approx 8:00pm tonight, although may be rereleased along with the 1024 tomorrow depending on any crazy errors!

BarcrestBenito
Ben

#19 IanL7

IanL7

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

lookin good m8

cant w8

#20 Jamesbond_007838

Jamesbond_007838

Option Explicit

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

This thread is 2.5 years old............ the layout has been available for ages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users