• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hi Guys,

Just woundering whether anybody has any advice on how to fix the number band on such a machine like the one in the title. I ask this because we've got the machine above in my local arcade and for the last month or two the number band keeps coming out of sync, although everytime you reset the machine it re-sync's itself (all be it temporary). The engineers have been out to have a look and they had thought it had unhooked itself from its support, so they clipped it back on... made no difference. Last week they put a new number band on, which by the looks of it wasn't even designed for this machine, and has made things even worse as the light that would be lit to show you the number that was in the window had shifted over to the left. So even though there was a number in the window (all be it the wrong one) it doesn't even line up with the light.

Hope this makes some sort of sense, and any advice would be greatful.
Thanks. :)

#2 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hi Guys,

Just woundering whether anybody has any advice on how to fix the number band on such a machine like the one in the title. I ask this because we've got the machine above in my local arcade and for the last month or two the number band keeps coming out of sync, although everytime you reset the machine it re-sync's itself (all be it temporary). The engineers have been out to have a look and they had thought it had unhooked itself from its support, so they clipped it back on... made no difference. Last week they put a new number band on, which by the looks of it wasn't even designed for this machine, and has made things even worse as the light that would be lit to show you the number that was in the window had shifted over to the left. So even though there was a number in the window (all be it the wrong one) it doesn't even line up with the light.

Hope this makes some sort of sense, and any advice would be greatful.
Thanks. :)

If it's had a new band then it can't be because the band was full of shit.It could be the opto if faulty or full of crap,have they tried cleaning it?

#3 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

If it's had a new band then it can't be because the band was full of shit.It could be the opto if faulty or full of crap,have they tried cleaning it?

Good question, possibly, although you never know.

#4 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

Common fault in this hi low top band.

The opto struggles to read the black mark on the band and therefore seems to stop a touch late.

I had a nuns and roses on site about 3 years ago and i went through 3 new reel bands, plus reels and optos before i just traded the machine back in as i could never get rid of the fault, its just a poor reel.

Best wishes
Stu.

#5 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

Common fault in this hi low top band.

The opto struggles to read the black mark on the band and therefore seems to stop a touch late.

I had a nuns and roses on site about 3 years ago and i went through 3 new reel bands, plus reels and optos before i just traded the machine back in as i could never get rid of the fault, its just a poor reel.

Best wishes
Stu.

Thanks my the reply mate. I had a feeling that this would of been a common issue. So by the sounds of it, it would be worth just ditching it.

Thanks again guys for your replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users